00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ScarletSentinel just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Playing games with your dad

379 Views | 33 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

I played WWE 2K24 with my dad a week ago and it was really fun, do any of you played or have memories playing video games with your dad?

Borking My Jorking

BBS Signature

Response to Playing games with your dad 2024-04-11 09:42:35

i don't even have a dad

this signature belongs to an idiot who doesn’t even know how much of an idiot he is, i’m surprised he’s even capable of turning on a computer...what an absolute buffoon

BBS Signature

Response to Playing games with your dad 2024-04-11 12:17:57

One time, he played the start of X-Men 2: Clone Wars, for the Sega Genesis, with my brother.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Playing games with your dad 2024-04-11 16:19:40

At 4/11/24 09:42 AM, beanvamp wrote: i don't even have a dad

iu_1188052_21508528.jpg

Borking My Jorking

BBS Signature

Response to Playing games with your dad 2024-04-11 18:36:18

I used to play games with my dad and my mum all the time when I was little! Very fun memories there. Nowadays my dad usually just watches me and/or my brother playing games instead of joining in, but he does get really excited whenever I play a point and click game and likes to help me solve the puzzles.

My mum’s still very much a gamer though, she loves playing Minecraft with me and my bro 😎

Wacky characters and groovy patterns

BBS Signature

Response to Playing games with your dad 2024-04-11 20:21:34

I remember back in my teens, there was a couple times my dad watched me play Far Cry 2. He thought the atmosphere was cool (And it was)

Response to Playing games with your dad 2024-04-11 20:26:42

At 4/11/24 08:21 PM, RumSkull wrote: I remember back in my teens, there was a couple times my dad watched me play Far Cry 2. He thought the atmosphere was cool (And it was)

That’s awesome, I LOVE Far Cry 2

Borking My Jorking

BBS Signature

Response to Playing games with your dad 2024-04-12 02:32:32

He played alot of New super Mario Bros Wii for a while.

The stuff I had fonder memories with was him learning dr.robotniks mean bean machine as well as forcing him to learn star fox assault.

He also humored Mario golf toadstool tour and double dash when I was way younger.

My dad was one of the folks who tapped out when games went 3D.

You give him a 2D or table top game, he'll 100% it and find all the secrets cover to cover without a guide.

Give him something in 3D and it's like watching someone throw a baby in the water as it tries to swim. Last time he tried a full 3D game that wasn't Mario kart was COD: Black ops on the wii.

He couldn't understand the logic of stuff behind him still being active and shooting at him, so if he didn't see it on the screen, thought that meant it would despawn and leave him alone so he'd constantly die to things attacking him from behind.

There's a bit more to that story but I'll it there for now. I like my dad.

Response to Playing games with your dad 2024-04-12 12:06:03

At 4/11/24 07:43 AM, Caniac77 wrote: I played WWE 2K24 with my dad a week ago and it was really fun, do any of you played or have memories playing video games with your dad?

My dad is one of the best Burnout 2 players i know. I looked up his best time compared to the world record runs, he's better than the guy in 10th place last i looked.

Response to Playing games with your dad 2024-04-14 23:37:08

No.

The only time he was into a game was in one of those Soccer ones, and only once. Also i don't like those games sooo

Cool, wild and Groovy beat.

BBS Signature

Response to Playing games with your dad 2024-04-15 02:06:52

От каждого по способностям, каждому по потребностям

BBS Signature

My grandfather played video games with me and I have very fond memories of that. He was good at them too. He 100 percent completed all three Donkey Kong Country Games, Zelda A Link to the Past, and Ocarina of Time. He would 100% all save files then delete them and start again. Probably the most hardcore gamer senior citizen you've ever seen, lol. His personality was a bit like Cranky Kong, too.

Those were the first games I played and they are still some of my favorites. I still have my old SNES that originally belonged to him and I play it to this day. It makes me very nostalgic.

I wish he was still around so I could show him the games I make today.

BBS Signature

At 4/11/24 09:42 AM, beanvamp wrote: i don't even have a dad

I have one, but, i don't consider him a true father (Sorry if i was ignorant with you)

Response to Playing games with your dad 2024-04-15 13:15:53

I played Pong and Air Hooky with my Dad. That was fun.

I like Pizza!

BBS Signature

Response to Playing games with your dad 2024-04-15 14:25:34

Never did, all he plays are bland mobile games with half naked women in them...

Take it with a grain of salt, I am slower than a snail.

BBS Signature

Response to Playing games with your dad 2024-04-15 15:03:50

My dad and I will still play some games online together, but some of my earlies times I can remember was playing games split screen like LEGO Star Wars, Worms and CoD MW3 survival. Good times. :D

Response to Playing games with your dad 2024-04-15 15:06:46

At 4/15/24 02:25 PM, Drazah wrote: Never did, all he plays are bland mobile games with half naked women in them...

your dad is a coomer?

this signature belongs to an idiot who doesn’t even know how much of an idiot he is, i’m surprised he’s even capable of turning on a computer...what an absolute buffoon

BBS Signature

Nope. Absolutely not. Total disconnect. No interest whatsoever in the slightest. Only exception was once over dinner when the TV reception was out, he watched me play Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver for about 30 minutes.

BBS Signature

Response to Playing games with your dad 2024-04-15 15:34:23

Used to watch my dad play games like ocarina of time or punch out but I hardly played games with him

Only game I played with him was mario kart but he stopped playing when I got older

Response to Playing games with your dad 2024-04-15 15:48:14

Wish I had a dad...nah but fr, I played the TMNT Shredder's Revenge game with my mom once.

Froggo is always watching.

I'm going to shit your pants

[Pronouns are they/them btw]

BBS Signature

Response to Playing games with your dad 2024-04-15 16:10:18

Me and my dad play Pac-Man sometimes. We bond with it.

Your local Newgrounds fanboy and musician.

Bandcamp - Discord: Trit#9469

I sometimes play the Wii and Switch with my dad, and I remember doing this since I was around 5 (we've had the Wii for a long time, obviously the Switch wasn't out yet lol)

We only had two remotes back then, so me, my brother, my mom, and my dad would have rounds of 1-on-1 fighting to the death in Wii Sports boxing. It was fun! I remember winning a lot because I would just move my arms around really fast, sadly I no longer have that energy.

BBS Signature

Response to Playing games with your dad 2024-04-16 16:07:47

MARIO KART

Response to Playing games with your dad 2024-04-16 16:26:30

I wish I had A dad

GRR <-- that's my signature

Pretty ironic how I draw cowboys even though I'm First nations ;)

BBS Signature

Response to Playing games with your dad 2024-04-16 16:30:31

At 4/16/24 04:26 PM, Gribbus07 wrote: I wish I had A dad

iu_1190385_21508528.png

Borking My Jorking

BBS Signature

Response to Playing games with your dad 2024-04-16 17:03:19

My parents are not good at video games, and the skill gap makes it hard to enjoy for long. We did a bit of Mario Kart on their most recent visit, and though my dad kinda gets it, he's only got enough bandwidth for the basics - not gonna try drifting or getting jump boosts or figuring out that it's better not to shoot all your red shells at once; doesn't matter if I explain those bits, it's not gonna change. I deliberately handicap myself by cutting all that out of my playstyle too but I always win anyway.

I like going bowling, though. I'm good at that too, but it doesn't have that vibe of "hey, how about you come over to my house and I'll destroy you at this thing that I do all the time that you never do"

Response to Playing games with your dad 2024-04-16 21:57:24

I remember long ago, I used to play Team Fortress 2, Left 4 Dead 2, and The Forest with my brothers and with my dad.

iu_1190560_9200308.png

Arm-Shock will never die!

BBS Signature

My dad isn't much of a gamer, but when I visit sometimes we'll play stuff on his old 360. He was the one who introduced me to Left 4 Dead and Gears of War when I was younger

I play a bunch of games with my mom though, we've played a ton of Minecraft, Dead by Daylight, Phasmophobia, Ark, 7 Days, and Rust to name a few.

BBS Signature

Response to Playing games with your dad 2024-04-24 02:00:32

The last big game I played with my dad was Portal 2 co-op back in....oh god, I wanna say 2017? 2018? I genuinely cannot remember when we finished it. It was probably 2018.

Currently playing: Pokemon Black, Shadow the Hedgehog, Ace Attorney 3

BBS Signature