00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Psych3d3lia just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

What was that game that you said...What am i doing with my life?...

310 Views | 15 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

it can be everything....by everyone...lmao

Back in 2020 I played the 4chan-made visual novel Katawa Shoujo. I made the dialogue choices that I would've said in real life if I were in the protagonist's shoes ... which led to me getting the worst ending. Felt like a bit of a "personal attack" if you ask me lol. Thankfully I tried again and got a good ending, and the game even made me try seriously drawing art for the first time in years (one of the characters is a painter). Still, getting the worst ending did make me question the way I approach certain situations

I would go outside and touch grass, but unfortunately there's an obstacle known as

BBS Signature

At 4/8/24 08:43 PM, switzrr wrote: Back in 2020 I played the 4chan-made visual novel Katawa Shoujo. I made the dialogue choices that I would've said in real life if I were in the protagonist's shoes ... which led to me getting the worst ending. Felt like a bit of a "personal attack" if you ask me lol. Thankfully I tried again and got a good ending, and the game even made me try seriously drawing art for the first time in years (one of the characters is a painter). Still, getting the worst ending did make me question the way I approach certain situations

Wow man that was interesting to know about.

I hoped that helped you to become a nicer person and be happy about the life.

wherever you are right now, you got my like!

what chu talking about Willis?

Borking My Jorking

BBS Signature

Once I played a painfully generic Pokemon fangame that had some cool elements but for the most part it played things too safe. It was too easy (but supposedly the difficulty ramps up in the postgame), there were a bunch of unskippable tutorials for stuff anybody who's played a pokemon game would know about, and it had all the usual boring pokemon staples like monotype gyms, too many crappy little rats/birds/bugs all over the place, and lame recurring characters like a douchebag rival who insists he's better than you even though you kick his ass every fight and the one-dimensional evil team that wants to destroy the universe because they're evil.

I talked shit about it in a thread somewhere and ended up in an argument all day with the dev over it. It made me realize there are way better games I could be playing than some 20+ hour Pokemon fangame that the creator is never even gonna finish.

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days. I love KH but there were so many "kill a vague amount of heartless", "collect hearts... by killing a vague amount of heartless", and "collect emblems scattered around the map... which are oftentimes guarded by a vague amount of heartless" missions, that I had to just put the damn game down.

The missions where you buddied up with an Org Member or had to search the map for a boss/miniboss were tight, but for every fun mission you unlocked, you had to do an hour or two of dull fetch missions to get to the next one.

It could be a case of "anti-nostalgia" but I also remember it having waaaay too many missions set in Agrabah. Maybe I did missions in a weird order but I just remember frequently being tasked to return to Agrabah to go do some menial bullshit.

And of course my tried & true ragebait, Steambot Chronicles Tournament. The first several hours was "Oops! all fetch quests" and when a robo battle unlocks it's the saddest fight you've ever seen then back to an endless amount of even more fetch quests! I muscled through for a few hours hoping something good would come up until I got a fetch quest with a smug description like "are you getting tired of these yet?" and at that point I was convinced that this was the entire game and I dropped it right then & there.

Talk about cursed, I actually bought got Chronicles alongside KH Days in highschool for my birthday. I dropped both and for a short time I got super into Meteos of all things instead.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Doom fishing in Terraria for a Sandstorm in a Bottle, for a second set of Bundle of Balloons accessory, despite that I already have one for my normal load out, that ofc would have been obsolete in a matter of seconds after I beat the Wall of Flesh after, and get wings.

I kept at it for like a week, saying to myself: "I'll get it at some point I'll just wait" and I horribly burned myself out from Terraria.

I basically gambled in a video game, but instead of wasting money I wasted countless hours I could have spent building or actually making a hellbridge.

Kicking myself for not just downloading a "all items" world and getting one there instead of wasting time.

I hate fishing in video games, a grind more boring than grinding exp in an RPG.

Take it with a grain of salt, I am slower than a snail.

BBS Signature

hatsune miku project diva mega mix

Not working on Nightmare Cops.

Also last post.

BBS Signature

OmegaBot is one off the saddest games i have ever played and after i bought it for 138NOK (12.99$). Not worth the money. It has the simple but very unpractical platforming controls. Its not fun at all. I feel nothing when i play it aside that it wassnt worth the money. Maby i will push trough it and actualy bother beating it but that aint happening soon.

Not a game that made me question my decisions while playing, but one that makes me wonder what I was doing back then.

It was Undertale. I’d been deeply entrenched in the fandom for a while without having actually played the game, finally got it on Steam, only to quit after being bad at the fight with Papyrus. I don’t know how I expected to get to the rest of the game. I never picked it up again.

I hope this is a lesson to all. Just because you like the story doesn’t mean you have to enjoy the game itself.

Someone please help me revive my clubs

BBS Signature

huniepop...

this signature belongs to an idiot who doesn’t even know how much of an idiot he is, i’m surprised he’s even capable of turning on a computer...what an absolute buffoon

BBS Signature

Everybody with enough internet life can easily agree with me

iu_1188193_10186085.png

Being 100% alive means taking a 50% of actions and having a 50% of perspective

BBS Signature

At 4/8/24 08:43 PM, switzrr wrote: Back in 2020 I played the 4chan-made visual novel Katawa Shoujo. I made the dialogue choices that I would've said in real life if I were in the protagonist's shoes ... which led to me getting the worst ending. Felt like a bit of a "personal attack" if you ask me lol. Thankfully I tried again and got a good ending, and the game even made me try seriously drawing art for the first time in years (one of the characters is a painter). Still, getting the worst ending did make me question the way I approach certain situations

Let me guess, you were taking your time choosing and being indecisive? Because that's how I got the bad end my first time playing in 2014. Good times. I love Katawa Shoujo.

Catherine, its my favorite game. The protagonist Vincent is a loser whose life is passing him by and I see a lot of myself in him. I replay this game whenever I start to slip into this habit.

A great motivator to live life.

The Sims FreePlay

It helped me fast forward through the pandemic, but kept me away from my other games.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Some really unoriginal and shitty ass roblox games my old friends forced me to play. roblox has truly fallen

GRR <-- that's my signature

Pretty ironic how I draw cowboys even though I'm First nations ;)

BBS Signature

teaching feeling

i was 14 when i discovered this game, and i though , ey it have a lot of content , and the scenes is so cute jaja

im never gonna trust a game like this

infrawash, the person lazy but is not lazy