00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Lmaoghosthh just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

DO yll know any artists who are sick at drawing water?

238 Views | 5 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

but painting/cartoon

There’s something really weird about posting a YouTube link on the Newgrounds forums to an animation series that is pretty famously associated with with Newgrounds.

To answer your question though, I like Moebius’s take on waves and oceans. I saw a picture a few weeks and the fine linework with simple color gradients was a very clean interpretation.

iu_1186491_2960153.jpg

also just a neat composition

At 4/8/24 07:29 AM, SourCherryJack wrote: There’s something really weird about posting a YouTube link on the Newgrounds forums to an animation series that is pretty famously associated with with Newgrounds.
https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/189081

To answer your question though, I like Moebius’s take on waves and oceans. I saw a picture a few weeks and the fine linework with simple color gradients was a very clean interpretation.

also just a neat composition

Yes very smart and effective

ps fuck the system

Coincidentally/synchronistically/randomly found a headline about Sydney Smith winning the Hans Christian Andersen award for children's book illustration. Look at this

iu_1187113_16497408.webp

iu_1187112_16497408.webp

His website

The white in the above gives a similar effect to the white in Skoops' piece at the top of the What art took you the longest to finish thread

I can't quite find the right words for the subtlety of the effect of the white. In Skoops' the apartment buildings sort of extend into heaven (ugh sorry). In the above it's like water as a portal to eternity. White light can give a spiritual effect. Argh don't read this just check out the art.

At 4/7/24 09:33 PM, RKarlto wrote: but painting/cartoon

zabujard

not exactly an underground artist per se but meyoco is always the first I think of when it comes to water/fluids

iu_1187658_9408815.jpgiu_1187659_9408815.png

BBS Signature