00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

PrincessuwuParis just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Why Does Nobody Tag Their Music Files?

137 Views | 4 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Why when I download a song that the creator has art displayed for it doesn't show up in my file view!

Do you guys just not want to?

anyway this is a free tagging software that I use

Mp3Tag

Example:https://uimg.ngfiles.com/pm/1184000/iu_1184070_9405381.webp

If you happen to see this and want files like this give it a download

BBS Signature

a song that the creator has art displayed for it doesn't show up in my file view!

Because 99% of people are changing the cover art in project settings instead of filling out the info in the song file.

iu_1185300_9835769.pngiu_1185301_9835769.png

Do you guys just not want to?

1. A lot (and I mean, a lot) of people don't even know there's more file info than just the length and file size;
  2. Even if they know about it, they just don't really care. It doesn't affect neither the song itself (only the file size by about 20-30 kb) or the amount of listeners. It just exists.

Hope it answers your question!

(Also for anyone interested, I've updated one of the files as an example of using Mp3Tag for such things.)

BBS Signature

Response to Why Does Nobody Tag Their Music Files? 2024-04-05 22:10:03

Thank you, this was eye opening because sometimes I forget a lot of my activities are niche.

I always appreciate a good cover art for anything but producers only make music most of the time so I can understand why it isn't common. I'm an artist so presentation means a lot to me, though I shouldn't put any extra responsibility on someone tryin' to make a jam.

BBS Signature

Response to Why Does Nobody Tag Their Music Files? 2024-04-06 01:42:23

I didn't think about doing this until you mentioned it as I was honestly too lazy to, but now that I know at least one person cares about it, I suppose I'll start trying to remember to do it more.

Listen to my latest video game music release! Windup & Pitch! If you wish! :)

BBS Signature

Response to Why Does Nobody Tag Their Music Files? 2024-04-06 05:17:45

I do! I use foobar2000 to do it