00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Tsuki124 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Want to start a band (Not paid, details in description)

100 Views | 7 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Hi there! I'm Persephone and I want to start a band! I imagine we will live far away, therefore we will record the audio separately. I will be the guitarist and lyricist. I just need a synth player, a drummer, a vocalist, a second guitarist, and a producer. My influences are mainly Death Grips, Sewerslvt, Black Dresses, Ozoi the Maid, The Birthday Massacre, Astrophysics, Joy Division, Sonic Youth, Slowdive, Lush, Ride, The Cure, The Smiths, My Chemical Romance, Slipknot, Rory in early 20s, Radiohead, Blonde Redhead, 2040x2040, Heart Shaped Hate, I Hate Sex, Seeyouspacecowboy, Hole, Skinny Puppy, Nine Inch Nails, Goreshit, Throbbing Gristle, Moss Icon, Babymetal, Yakui the Maid, VIAL, Team Dresch, White Ring, Panchiko, Stomach Book, $uicideboy$, Skrillex, Vertigoaway, Deftones, Purity Filter, C4FF13N3, NEUPINK, La Dispute, Rites of Spring, Thursday, Ghostemane, Combichrist, Mailpup, Dir En Grey, Kittie, Mindless Self Indulgence, Motionless In White, Hanatarash, and Bring Me The Horizon. As mentioned earlier, this will not be a thing which we will get paid for. This is just something for fun and if we get big, cool. If not, that's cool too. As long as we're enjoying what we do. Thank you sm!

holy shit what a crazy inspo list

BBS Signature

Got any examples of your vocal/guitar work and how old are you?

BBS Signature

At 3/30/24 06:53 PM, phantomnoiz wrote: holy shit what a crazy inspo list

Lol thanks. I listen to a lot of music XD

At 3/30/24 07:19 PM, SkankyMojo wrote: Got any examples of your vocal/guitar work and how old are you?

I do have some stuff from my solo album (Which i shall dm you if you want). All the guitars were recorded by me but i have no vocals yet. I do a lot of writing tho so i think i would hopefully be suited for lyrics. As for my age, i am 17 :3

At 3/30/24 07:21 PM, xXGothicFluttershyXx wrote:
At 3/30/24 07:19 PM, SkankyMojo wrote: Got any examples of your vocal/guitar work and how old are you?
I do have some stuff from my solo album (Which i shall dm you if you want). All the guitars were recorded by me but i have no vocals yet. I do a lot of writing tho so i think i would hopefully be suited for lyrics. As for my age, i am 17 :3

So a couple of things; first I reckon it's a good idea just to share examples of your playing in this thread for anyone interested. I understand if that's intimidating but just go for it, pushing that boundary is worth it.

Second I'm 34, and I think I'd find navigating that kind of age difference in a creative setting difficult, so I don't think this one's for me.

There are plenty of younger peeps here though so I'm sure you'll find people.

Oh and finally you've got an awesome set of influences, that's what intrigued me. Can't wait to hear what you create.

BBS Signature

At 3/30/24 08:14 PM, SkankyMojo wrote:
At 3/30/24 07:21 PM, xXGothicFluttershyXx wrote:
So a couple of things; first I reckon it's a good idea just to share examples of your playing in this thread for anyone interested. I understand if that's intimidating but just go for it, pushing that boundary is worth it.
Second I'm 34, and I think I'd find navigating that kind of age difference in a creative setting difficult, so I don't think this one's for me.
There are plenty of younger peeps here though so I'm sure you'll find people.
Oh and finally you've got an awesome set of influences, that's what intrigued me. Can't wait to hear what you create.

Thank you so much! I will post my music shortly. And i totally get the age difference thing, that's completely understandable :3

At 3/30/24 05:22 PM, xXGothicFluttershyXx wrote: Hi there! I'm Persephone and I want to start a band! I imagine we will live far away, therefore we will record the audio separately. I will be the guitarist and lyricist. I just need a synth player, a drummer, a vocalist, a second guitarist, and a producer. My influences are mainly Death Grips, Sewerslvt, Black Dresses, Ozoi the Maid, The Birthday Massacre, Astrophysics, Joy Division, Sonic Youth, Slowdive, Lush, Ride, The Cure, The Smiths, My Chemical Romance, Slipknot, Rory in early 20s, Radiohead, Blonde Redhead, 2040x2040, Heart Shaped Hate, I Hate Sex, Seeyouspacecowboy, Hole, Skinny Puppy, Nine Inch Nails, Goreshit, Throbbing Gristle, Moss Icon, Babymetal, Yakui the Maid, VIAL, Team Dresch, White Ring, Panchiko, Stomach Book, $uicideboy$, Skrillex, Vertigoaway, Deftones, Purity Filter, C4FF13N3, NEUPINK, La Dispute, Rites of Spring, Thursday, Ghostemane, Combichrist, Mailpup, Dir En Grey, Kittie, Mindless Self Indulgence, Motionless In White, Hanatarash, and Bring Me The Horizon. As mentioned earlier, this will not be a thing which we will get paid for. This is just something for fun and if we get big, cool. If not, that's cool too. As long as we're enjoying what we do. Thank you sm!

My guitar work (Hopefully it works. May alter my style soon)