00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Feenixs just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

viscera's NEW art thread (crit welcomed!!)

181 Views | 8 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

figured i'd start a new art thread and this time open it up for critique. im always looking to improve after all! especially cuz sometimes something in my art looks off and its hard to put my finger on it without an outside opinion... so, heres something recent :]

Response to viscera's NEW art thread (crit welcomed!!) 2024-03-29 17:40:28

OOooo I like this piece, overall its very nice there isn't too much I would change. Only about two minor things

First is the color of the blanket in the original image has more of a lavender tint to it compared to yours which is more pink tinted, which wouldn't be an issue if the Miku pony herself wasn't also a very similar shade of pink

iu_1181763_8916498.webp

the only thing right now that is differentiating what is her legs and what is the blanket is the outline, whereas if you just adjust the hue slightly more towards a slightly cooler shade of pink it is still pink enough to keep the color palette fairly analogous while also using more than just the outline to separate the colors

iu_1181765_8916498.webp

I'd also make the background ever so slightly darker and cooler toned but I didn't make an edit of that

but then there's the second main thing I would change is that right/back ear. it looks a little awkwardly placed on the head and when you try to examine the shape of her skull it becomes a little more awkward

iu_1181764_8916498.webp

iu_1181766_8916498.webp

adjusting it to be more... idk symmetrical? with her other ear I think looks more natural while also not looking too out of place with your style.

other than that very nice piece I really enjoy your style a lot

Response to viscera's NEW art thread (crit welcomed!!) 2024-03-29 17:51:12

At 3/29/24 05:40 PM, Lxiko wrote: OOooo I like this piece, overall its very nice there isn't too much I would change. Only about two minor things

First is the color of the blanket in the original image has more of a lavender tint to it compared to yours which is more pink tinted, which wouldn't be an issue if the Miku pony herself wasn't also a very similar shade of pink

the only thing right now that is differentiating what is her legs and what is the blanket is the outline, whereas if you just adjust the hue slightly more towards a slightly cooler shade of pink it is still pink enough to keep the color palette fairly analogous while also using more than just the outline to separate the colors

I'd also make the background ever so slightly darker and cooler toned but I didn't make an edit of that

but then there's the second main thing I would change is that right/back ear. it looks a little awkwardly placed on the head and when you try to examine the shape of her skull it becomes a little more awkward

adjusting it to be more... idk symmetrical? with her other ear I think looks more natural while also not looking too out of place with your style.

other than that very nice piece I really enjoy your style a lot

thank you!! i noticed the ears a bit after posting but since im a traditional artist there was no way to fix that without completely scrapping the lineart and fixing it on the sketch. i didnt realize the blanket though, i didnt realize just how close in color they were :O

Response to viscera's NEW art thread (crit welcomed!!) 2024-03-30 22:02:02

iu_1182342_14073809.webp

might as well post this WIP. its getting dark out so im gonna finish it tomorrow morning. really happy with it so far!

Response to viscera's NEW art thread (crit welcomed!!) 2024-03-31 14:59:29

At 3/30/24 10:02 PM, maniczombiedreamgirl wrote:
might as well post this WIP. its getting dark out so im gonna finish it tomorrow morning. really happy with it so far!

its done!

Response to viscera's NEW art thread (crit welcomed!!) 2024-04-03 20:35:02

heyyyy look at that first art of April

Response to viscera's NEW art thread (crit welcomed!!) 2024-04-05 18:57:32

yet more fursona art

but this time its a badge... fuck yeah

Response to viscera's NEW art thread (crit welcomed!!) 2024-04-12 19:34:20

another one thats a bit out of my comfort zone, and hey, my first object art in a while!! very happy with this

Response to viscera's NEW art thread (crit welcomed!!) 2024-04-17 23:06:34

im running out of commentary for these