00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Feenixs just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Can I use the Amen Break on a song and publish it here?

199 Views | 7 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

I made a song where the Amen Break is one of the principal elements of the song, but I'm not sure if I can upload it here. Also, I guess I can't put the song in Geometry Dash so yeah.

im pretty sure there are already a lot of songs uploaded here that use the amen break sample, so you should be fine!

BBS Signature

At your own risk, being an unscouted user you will likely get an automatic flag for it.

The sample is copyrighted, but so widely used its fairly impossible to realistically enforce. There are several "remade" versions of it kicking around NG.

Also you wouldn't be able to use whatever in GD until you were scouted (on NG) and whitelisted (by GD).

Flag stolen content, don't be a dingus.

BBS Signature

At 3/26/24 10:22 PM, Pingu wrote: At your own risk, being an unscouted user you will likely get an automatic flag for it.

The sample is copyrighted, but so widely used its fairly impossible to realistically enforce. There are several "remade" versions of it kicking around NG.

Also you wouldn't be able to use whatever in GD until you were scouted (on NG) and whitelisted (by GD).

Mmmm, should I post the link to YouTube to let you guys decide it?, the song is called Wall5 [137) if you want to check it out by yourself.

At 3/26/24 10:22 PM, Pingu wrote: There are several "remade" versions of it kicking around NG.

That's true. I tried making one myself at some point too.

BBS Signature

I think the worst that can happen in this case is getting the copyright infringement (which could be simply fixed by making an appeal).

BBS Signature

The Amen Break has become kind of its own genre, I guess just try to make it follow the 40-60 rule?

Here's how it goes :
Lets' imagine you are making a track. To keep it simple, let's pretend it includes the following 5 elements.
Drums , bass line , chords progression , melodies , misc. sounds or effects.
If 3 or more of the elements of your track are made out of pre-made audio clips, that's not enough to be considered original work in here. That's relying heavily on pre-made materials.
Please put more effort on your tracks. Other wise your audio will be subject for removal.
The minimum recommended ratio it's 40% pre.made vs 60% original.
That way it's safe to say your track it's mostly your own work even if pre-made clips were used.

This is in the Sound Packs / Sample Packs Usage Thread, if you want to read more. Hope this helps!

you guys like my tunes?

BBS Signature

yes

BBS Signature