00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Vilanael just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

BandLab Sample question

164 Views | 4 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

BandLab Sample question 2024-03-19 23:39:06

I know BandLab isn't allowed on newgrounds, but what about limited use of samples?

Like, what if I use some drum samples from a BandLab collection? Or risers? Or some ear candy? I've never used bandlab samples in any of my songs, but I love some of the drums and riser samples. I want to use them but I'm afraid of the "No music made with BandLab" rule

Response to BandLab Sample question 2024-03-22 20:35:57 (edited 2024-03-22 20:37:19)

At 3/19/24 11:39 PM, PotangNG wrote: I know BandLab isn't allowed on newgrounds, but what about limited use of samples?

Like, what if I use some drum samples from a BandLab collection? Or risers? Or some ear candy? I've never used bandlab samples in any of my songs, but I love some of the drums and riser samples. I want to use them but I'm afraid of the "No music made with BandLab" rule

I don't quite understand the rule about "BandLab", because as far as I know, you can create songs there, just like in FL Studio Mobile and 20-21, if you don't break the rule about Stock Loops. Then why is this app so banned?

Response to BandLab Sample question 2024-03-24 13:01:07

At 3/22/24 08:35 PM, G2961 wrote:
At 3/19/24 11:39 PM, PotangNG wrote: I know BandLab isn't allowed on newgrounds, but what about limited use of samples?

I don't quite understand the rule about "BandLab", because as far as I know, you can create songs there, just like in FL Studio Mobile and 20-21, if you don't break the rule about Stock Loops. Then why is this app so banned?

I'm not sure either, I don't even use loops lol. I just wanted to know if limited sample use from bandlab is allowed

Response to BandLab Sample question 2024-03-25 09:15:38

We did some research into the legal situation in one of the previous threads (I contacted Bandlab support and spoke to one of their staff-members), and the conclusion that the desktop version of Bandlab is completly fine (Cakewalk by Bandlab). I'll poke whoever's in-charge of the rules list and try to schedule to get that updated accordingly.

Samples-usage falls under Duplo rules still. Pieces which mainly consist of stock samples/loops are not allowed on the audio portal (albeit smaller usage of them used alongside an original composition are fine).

| Multi-Genre Composer, Main Preferences Are Atmosphere Crafting & Technical Detailing/Palettes | Audio Portal Moderator |

| FREE Audio Resources List For Composers | NG Audio Pub Discord | NG Audio Iceberg Challenge | Follow These Legends! |

BBS Signature

Response to BandLab Sample question 2024-03-27 14:07:52

At 3/25/24 09:15 AM, LD-W wrote:

We did some research into the legal situation in one of the previous threads (I contacted Bandlab support and spoke to one of their staff-members), and the conclusion that the desktop version of Bandlab is completly fine (Cakewalk by Bandlab). I'll poke whoever's in-charge of the rules list and try to schedule to get that updated accordingly.

Samples-usage falls under Duplo rules still. Pieces which mainly consist of stock samples/loops are not allowed on the audio portal (albeit smaller usage of them used alongside an original composition are fine).

Oh this answers my question perfectly! I was only planning on using them sparingly. Thanks!