00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Psych3d3lia just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Favorite site to visit?

954 Views | 50 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Favorite site to visit? 2024-03-15 14:50:15

As the title says; any site, community/forum, whatever: especially if it's defunct now and/or existed in the 2000s

I'd say something myself, but I only remember REALLY using Miiverse and no other gaming site had that sense of "I like this place" despite the admins being complete BS... ......OK maybe just Wattpad too? But only because it was also simple until it was bombarded by the most idiotic updates ever... Alright last one: Club Nintendo actually used to give free games

BBS Signature

Response to Favorite site to visit? 2024-03-15 15:34:04

I loved Stickpage. The site that hosted many stick animations and games and was my introduction to Henry Stickmin. The website is still up, albeit it's now completely broken and hasn't received any updates in a long time.

Arm-Shock will never die!

BBS Signature

Response to Favorite site to visit? 2024-03-15 16:09:08

Probably this one cos it's the only one where I consistently get interactions.

Response to Favorite site to visit? 2024-03-15 18:48:05

Recently, it’s been Coolmath Games. I always loved playing flash games on there, and I’m glad the website and most of the old games still work. I’ve been playing Papa’s Donuteria a bunch while I’m at college lol.

Wacky characters and groovy patterns

BBS Signature

Response to Favorite site to visit? 2024-03-15 22:47:32

Newgrounds

Take it with a grain of salt, I am slower than a snail.

BBS Signature

Response to Favorite site to visit? 2024-03-16 01:21:24

At 3/15/24 02:50 PM, CrosEl wrote: As the title says; any site, community/forum, whatever: especially if it's defunct now and/or existed in the 2000s

I'd say something myself, but I only remember REALLY using Miiverse and no other gaming site had that sense of "I like this place" despite the admins being complete BS... ......OK maybe just Wattpad too? But only because it was also simple until it was bombarded by the most idiotic updates ever... Alright last one: Club Nintendo actually used to give free games

prolly youtube n ng

I'm the best for a reason.

BBS Signature

Response to Favorite site to visit? 2024-03-16 10:30:48

I used to be a reg/lurker of LittleBigPlanet Community, PokeCommunity, and the RPG Maker forum RMRK. LittleBigPlanet died of natural causes (Sony dropping support for it) and my interest in Pokemon fangames & RPG Maker waned as I got more into Game Maker.

The RPG Maker forum mods are a little... testy... to say the least, so I prefer to look rather than post. Though sometimes I'll peep PokeCommunity and now RelicCastle to see if anything new in the Pokemon fan scene catches my eye.

Way waaaay back in the day when sprite comics were still a thing I would check into DrShnaps.com daily as well as Mario Fangames Galaxy. It's wild that MFGG is still around to this day but DrShnaps has been gone since ~2012 as well as many other sprite comic sites that I used to frequent. I used to have a zip archive of all the comics but I have no idea what I did with that. Lord knows if I find it I'm uploading that sucker to archive.org just in case I lose it again.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to Favorite site to visit? 2024-03-18 14:11:29

At 3/16/24 10:30 AM, Chdonga wrote: I used to be a reg/lurker of LittleBigPlanet Community, PokeCommunity, and the RPG Maker forum RMRK. LittleBigPlanet died of natural causes (Sony dropping support for it) and my interest in Pokemon fangames & RPG Maker waned as I got more into Game Maker.

The RPG Maker forum mods are a little... testy... to say the least, so I prefer to look rather than post. Though sometimes I'll peep PokeCommunity and now RelicCastle to see if anything new in the Pokemon fan scene catches my eye.

Way waaaay back in the day when sprite comics were still a thing I would check into DrShnaps.com daily as well as Mario Fangames Galaxy. It's wild that MFGG is still around to this day but DrShnaps has been gone since ~2012 as well as many other sprite comic sites that I used to frequent. I used to have a zip archive of all the comics but I have no idea what I did with that. Lord knows if I find it I'm uploading that sucker to archive.org just in case I lose it again.

Preservation is awesomeness

I so much wish I had the mind to archive EVERYTHING I liked on Miiverse, now even Archiverse is gone and there's too little if it in the wayback machine.....

BBS Signature

Response to Favorite site to visit? 2024-03-18 14:27:37

Not me but my husband still spends a lot of time on something awful! I love the updates he gives me about what's going on around there lol!

Response to Favorite site to visit? 2024-03-18 15:13:45

I forget the name but there was this one site that had a bunch of games on it with basically no ads. I had a bunch of mario fangames and other flash games. It also had a girls game section were they had a bunch of those dress up and other girly flash games. I used to switch between the two constantly for hours at a time. My dad hated how much I hogged his computer and tried to force me outside, but I didn't care lmao. that site was the one of the reasons I got into gaming in the first place. I feel so lucky I was able to enjoy that as a kid. I feel bad that kids nowadays don't have that and have to entertain themselves by getting into slap fights on twitter.

Response to Favorite site to visit? 2024-03-18 18:44:54

Any imageboard that actually has an active userbase lol.

Also anything I can post my art to.

Response to Favorite site to visit? 2024-03-18 19:52:54

anyplace where I can shitpost and check dubs

YOU DO NOT WANT DADDY TO BE MAD!!! >:(

- big papa, 2009

Response to Favorite site to visit? 2024-03-18 22:36:42

I used to be part of Bethesda's forums - was fun. Was able to discuss all sorts of games, roleplay and prop crafting with other crazies. Most times didn't even talk about Bethesda stuff.

Then they shut them down for the favor of Discord. Killed the core community with that.

Response to Favorite site to visit? 2024-03-19 06:11:43

I used to use loads of different websites to try and promote my art. Now I barely use more than Newgrounds and YouTube and I'm a lot happier.

Response to Favorite site to visit? 2024-03-19 08:38:11

Breaking Bald (rip)iu_1177336_9580905.png

& the website of all time

https://gayhomophobe.com/

I think I’ll lose my mind in hystei̴̝̔å̶̹

BBS Signature

Response to Favorite site to visit? 2024-03-19 09:30:08

This one that was really popular in the 2000s, it has a tank as its logo but im sure you have never heard of it before.

Response to Favorite site to visit? 2024-03-19 11:47:32

Furaffinity !! There's a lot of TF2 rule34 there !!!

BBS Signature

Response to Favorite site to visit? 2024-03-19 16:16:15

I spent way too much of my elementary school years on NG, Armorgames, kongregate, Disney XD, nickelodeon games and Garfield.com. Personally though, one of my favorites might have been the KTplay forum for Dead Ahead: ZW, before it basically became irrelevant in 2019. Only learned recently that it nuked itself in 2023, though from what I could tell most of the community had moved to reddit already. Too bad there were no archives for all the neat collab stuff and memes we had there.

Have I truly become a monster?

Response to Favorite site to visit? 2024-03-19 18:05:30

The good ol' days of playing games on lego.com....

Man I loved playing those Lego city games

ich mag katzen

BBS Signature

Response to Favorite site to visit? 2024-03-19 18:53:00

2008-2012 Newgrounds and YouTube just can't be beat.

I know that I will forever be chasing that high, but nothing will ever come close.

Response to Favorite site to visit? 2024-03-19 20:40:18 (edited 2024-03-19 20:42:32)

"Sploder" a little well known "game making" website i said like that because "sploder" is like "goAnimate" of game developing, you can't make a game from Scratch, you have pre-made characters and pre-made Soundtrack, It was a Very useful website to me back in 2017, but....when Adobe flash ended its support, the games and pixel arts made in sploder became Unavaliable....when i Finally got better game engines to make games then; sploder became a "Kirby dreamland 1" of game engines to me(this means that is not useful to me as before)

But at least...hey! The website still exist,but you can't make games, and EVEN see you projects again.

I like to make animations :)

BBS Signature

Response to Favorite site to visit? 2024-03-19 20:49:00

i visit newgrunds and youtube

sup

Response to Favorite site to visit? 2024-03-19 20:49:49 (edited 2024-03-19 20:50:28)

Newgrounds in general, when you realise most of us here are just chilling and looking to improve.

It is way better than Twitter.. Huh I mean X.. Dang.. I used to play on miniclip too back in the

2000s. But it's not the same.

Newground community is better over all the rest, even TomFulp talk to his community continuesly

to the point he take full time to make shit happens.

While Youtube change CEO every 5-7 years..

And Google too, disney.. All of them.

So yeah, since the creation of Newgrounds. Things have gone very well.

IT sure isn't like it used too, but who give a shit. Also no censuring in here..

Unless you add rating to everything.. But yeah this site is the best for me over all the bunch.

ZombieGhost

Response to Favorite site to visit? 2024-03-19 20:55:48

BBS Signature

Response to Favorite site to visit? 2024-03-19 21:13:24

I'll have to go with NewGrounds here! Started last year and am really starting to warm up to it. Secondary site, maybe DeviantArt, but ONLY because the mid 2010s. 2014-16, used to look at hilarious this. got a lot of laughs from the art. From what heard, that was its final decent years before things start to go downhill and people started leaving.

So yeah. NewGrounds and DeviantArt Pre-2016!

Response to Favorite site to visit? 2024-03-19 22:49:11

Newgrounds

ElRandomGMD (aka RandomToons)

BBS Signature

Response to Favorite site to visit? 2024-03-19 23:15:34

F movies, tubi, steam unblocked, archive.org, roblox, scp.wiki, and newgrounds. Soo hard to chose 1.

Quinnfinity NG

BBS Signature

Response to Favorite site to visit? 2024-03-19 23:35:54 (edited 2024-03-19 23:36:37)

Newgrounds and the online service for flipnote studio.

Sploder was a really neat site.

Miiverse was really interesting. So many neat features like sharing in game custom content (scribblenauts ayoo) Massive L for Nintendo when they took it down.

BBS Signature

Response to Favorite site to visit? 2024-03-20 03:50:01

At 3/15/24 03:34 PM, ShockAbe wrote: I loved Stickpage. The site that hosted many stick animations and games and was my introduction to Henry Stickmin. The website is still up, albeit it's now completely broken and hasn't received any updates in a long time.

Bro that was my intro to it too! Sucks that flash died and killed it too

Home, its where I want to be

But I guess I'm already there

BBS Signature

Response to Favorite site to visit? 2024-03-20 08:57:17

It used to be last.fm ,StumbleUpon,youtube and a multitude of other sites that had a lot of flash ,java and shockwave games, That Guy with the glasses,Cinema Snob's website.

Can you guess the one I'm currently on right now?