00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TalisDM just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Game imbed stopped working.

100 Views | 4 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Game imbed stopped working. 2024-03-13 16:34:19

I recently embedded a game from NewGrounds on this webpage: https://mikey670.github.io/wdd130-MK/muketronics/mrstretch.html. The game is 'Mr. Stretch and the Stolen Fortune' and I am the owner of this game. At first the game was running properly, but now when the page is loaded, the iframe is grey and has the error: uploads.ungrounded.net refused to connect. The iframe was just copied from the game page.

Response to Game imbed stopped working. 2024-03-13 17:24:59

sorry, game embeds from newgrounds aren't supported.

BBS Signature

At 3/13/24 05:24 PM, orbitz wrote: sorry, game embeds from newgrounds aren't supported.

I don't think that's correct, given that there's an Allow Embed option in the settings for my game's page. This setting is enabled, but the embed still doesn't work.

iu_1174924_17067296.png

Embedding does work from an HTML file that is local on my machine. It just won't work on the other website.

Response to Game imbed stopped working. 2024-03-13 17:58:20

At 3/13/24 05:53 PM, Muketronics wrote:
At 3/13/24 05:24 PM, orbitz wrote: sorry, game embeds from newgrounds aren't supported.
I don't think that's correct, given that there's an Allow Embed option in the settings for my game's page. This setting is enabled, but the embed still doesn't work.

sorry, I should have said, game embeds from newgrounds aren't supported anymore, even if you still see the Allow Embedding option

BBS Signature

Response to Game imbed stopped working. 2024-03-13 18:20:52

At 3/13/24 05:58 PM, orbitz wrote:
At 3/13/24 05:53 PM, Muketronics wrote:
sorry, I should have said, game embeds from newgrounds aren't supported anymore, even if you still see the Allow Embedding option

OK. It would probably be good to remove that option, then, to eliminate confusion. I have the game on another site that allows embedding, so I'll just use that.