00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Sikowny just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

NGTV Summer Bash

711 Views | 15 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

NGTV Summer Bash 2024-03-01 08:06:45

iu_1169278_3346873.png

Summer's only a few months away, and it's fast approaching! Everyone loves summer, right, school's out, vacation days are being used, skin's melting off of your body. It's a great time, and what better way to celebrate the hottest season than with a special NGTV summer marathon - The NGTV Summer Bash

You're probably not sure what the hell I'm talking about, here's the deal:

NGTV is a television themed collab, you can check out the last one (which was also the first) here:

The goal of NGTV is to replicate the television watching experience as close as possible. That, of course, includes not just shorts but commercials, bumpers, talk shows, and everything else you can think of. I suggest checking out the link above to get a better feel of what it's all about.

For this one, the theme's broader: Summer.

That's it.

You are invited to make anything you want, in any genre, medium & style, as long as it's set in the summer. Whether you wanna do an original short, a commercial, a parody of whatever comes to mind, or anything inbetween - it's all welcome!

Note: if you're doing a commercial - you don't have to include anything summer-y, but it is definitely encouraged!

Application:

Since it's a television themed collab, there are different subcategories for submissions. When applying, you will be asked what subcategory your submission will fall into.

The subcategories and their particular runtime guidelines are as follows:

Commercial (up to 45 seconds)

Short (from 30 seconds up to LIMITLESS)

Parody (from 30 seconds up to LIMITLESS)

Other - PSAs, talk shows, news, trailers, etc. (depends)

Please don't think any of these have a higher barrier of entry, the reason for subcategory selection being a part of the application process is for streamlining the production. Gotta keep track of how many entries are in each subcategory. The collab is open to beginners, so in case you were worried - don't be!

After applying, you will be contacted as soon as possible with all the relevant information & a Discord invite. No worries, though, you don't have to be in the Discord - it's set up mostly to help people find collaborators.

Please don't apply more than once.

Apply here:

Link

make sure to read the rest of this post, though!

(and the followup)

Specs & Rules:

Video: 24fps 2160p 4:3 (2880x2160)

Audio: stereo @ 44,100hz

Note: shorts and parodies can be 16:9 but keep in mind they will be letterboxed

commercials must be 4:3

Live action is allowed.

No A rated material. M at most.

If doing a short or a parody - you must have a title. No need to make a title card or anything, but a title is needed for the "Coming Up Next" bumpers.

No watermarks. Everyone will be properly credited both in-video and in the description.

If you have any questions, please read the follow-up post first, before asking.

Deadline: June 5th

That gives everyone three months to finish their submission(s) which should be more than enough.

The collab itself will be released two weeks later, on the first day of summer, June 20th.

Submitting:

name your file using this template:

yourNGusername_title

and include a text file with NG usernames of anyone who you collaborated with, as well as their role(s) (musician, VA, backgrounds, etc.)

please don't work on a submission without applying and being accepted first.

note: the collab is beginner friendly and you are likely to get in, as long as there's effort put in your work.

NGTV logo made by RGPAnims

CRACKEGGS 2 COMING 2026

Response to NGTV Summer Bash 2024-03-01 08:07:35

here's a bunch of answers to potential questions you may have:

No way I'm rendering a 4k video, can it be a different resolution?

- understandable. while 4k is definitely preferred and encouraged, 1080p will be accepted as well. nothing lower, though.

Can my thing be 16:9?

- if it's a commercial, no. if it's a short or parody - yes, but it will be letterboxed. if it falls under "Other", hit me up and we'll see.

Does it have to be 24fps?

- please try to use 24 or 12. if you can't, i will do my best to include your part properly without visible interlacing or artifacts - however if that is not possible, it will be omitted.

What file types are allowed?

- ALL video containers - mp4, mkv, avi, etc. - it's all good. just make sure you follow the specs for the video and audio.

I want do do a commercial but it's longer, why do you have that stupid time limit in the first place?

- gotcha, hit me up with your plans and we'll see. no promises though.

Can i make more than one submission?

- if you insist, but no more than two.

My other submission won't be for the same category i originally applied for, is that a problem?

- absolutely not! just let me know so i can keep track!

I use flipaclip...?

- say no more. in order to avoid the watermark, please make a 1440x1080p square on the right side of your canvas (assuming the watermark pops up on the left) and animate within that area. then you can just easily crop the end result and as a bonus have the correct (4:3) aspect ratio - I can crop it for you if needed.

For "other" runtime gudelines, you just said "depends", what does that mean?

- after being accepted just hit me up with your plans and we'll figure it out, no worries!

CRACKEGGS 2 COMING 2026

Response to NGTV Summer Bash 2024-03-01 08:19:43

BOOOOOO!!!

BBS Signature

Response to NGTV Summer Bash 2024-03-01 08:36:28

Finally, now no one can stop me from eating a watermelon whole.

Response to NGTV Summer Bash 2024-03-01 08:43:08

If anyone would like an extra member for their crew, I'm open for collaboration!

Music, sound design, voice acting, writing, beta testing. Perhaps I can do it.

Collaboration page:

https://aalasteir.newgrounds.com/news/post/1420128

Response to NGTV Summer Bash 2024-03-01 23:36:29

Wooooooo!

Nice! While i'm probably not gonna apply since i dont trust myself to commit to finishing unless i make like a 15 second shitpost commercial. I'm really excited to see the finished product. Good luck to everyone participating in this!

It actually releases on my birthday too which is also funny imo.

Response to NGTV Summer Bash 2024-03-02 05:11:05

At 3/1/24 11:36 PM, Dreamcastian-Turnip wrote: Wooooooo!
Nice! While i'm probably not gonna apply since i dont trust myself to commit to finishing unless i make like a 15 second shitpost commercial. I'm really excited to see the finished product. Good luck to everyone participating in this!

It actually releases on my birthday too which is also funny imo.

aw shucks i love 15 second commercials

CRACKEGGS 2 COMING 2026

Response to NGTV Summer Bash 2024-03-07 14:46:27

Count me in! I'm down for some summer bashing!

Response to NGTV Summer Bash 2024-03-07 16:28:30

Oh hell yea, Ill get a chance to do something i shouldve done but didnt do for the christmas bash

Home, its where I want to be

But I guess I'm already there

BBS Signature

Response to NGTV Summer Bash 2024-03-10 23:55:18

At 3/7/24 04:28 PM, PachkaNG wrote: Oh hell yea, Ill get a chance to do something i shouldve done but didnt do for the christmas bash

Just a reminder to apply via the form before starting on anything!

CRACKEGGS 2 COMING 2026

Response to NGTV Summer Bash 2024-03-13 20:23:13

Sounds awesome! Filled in the form :)

Response to NGTV Summer Bash 2024-03-26 18:45:40

filled out the application form the other day

Response to NGTV Summer Bash 2024-03-26 21:08:24

filled out the form, hope it isn't too late to get in because i'd love to participate in this!

Response to NGTV Summer Bash 2024-03-27 09:34:50

Alright! I have recently filled out an application for this. Now I have to wait for the response and hope that it's not too late.

Response to NGTV Summer Bash 2024-03-28 09:46:40 (edited 2024-03-28 09:47:13)

At 3/27/24 09:34 AM, MMFan2004 wrote: Alright! I have recently filled out an application for this. Now I have to wait for the response and hope that it's not too late.

At 3/26/24 09:08 PM, dezuxz wrote: filled out the form, hope it isn't too late to get in because i'd love to participate in this!

Expect replies some time today, sorry, haven't had a chance to look at the form proper for a couple of days.

CRACKEGGS 2 COMING 2026

Response to NGTV Summer Bash 2024-03-29 20:55:28

At 3/1/24 08:06 AM, Kolumbo wrote:
Summer's only a few months away, and it's fast approaching! Everyone loves summer, right, school's out, vacation days are being used, skin's melting off of your body. It's a great time, and what better way to celebrate the hottest season than with a special NGTV summer marathon - The NGTV Summer Bash

I sent my application in. Hopefully i can get approved. Been wanting to do something like this for a while

BBS Signature