00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Feenixs just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Need help naming magic system

429 Views | 35 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Need help naming magic system 2024-02-21 04:54:37

I'm making a story where the core magic/power system is crazy, absurd and flashy

I'm trying to make this system sound like a complete joke when introduced so I need a goofy name Like Gamer Energys or Troll mass²

here is how it works:

the basic gist is that each person with powers has their own simple power they can preform in anyway that applies to the logic of the powers statement like "switch things" or "speed, go, go, go".

If one uses powers that their soul rejects then after awhile of use the user will experience after shock which is basically like getting stuck by lightning from the inside out. so anyone can do any move any other can, but just how much they can do each move becomes the problem.

please leave suggestions, each one will help tremendously!

Is currently making something with high amounts of GAMER ENERGY'S

BBS Signature

Response to Need help naming magic system 2024-02-21 06:01:20

I think of like.. "Slow-witted's Special"

ZombieGhost

Response to Need help naming magic system 2024-02-21 16:36:02

Overblown?

Don't give two sh*ts about what other people think of you. If you have a high opinion of yourself that's all that matters.

Response to Need help naming magic system 2024-02-21 20:04:36

Someone please help me revive my clubs

BBS Signature

Response to Need help naming magic system 2024-02-24 05:54:24

At 2/21/24 06:01 AM, ZombieGhost wrote: I think of like.. "Slow-witted's Special"

that sounds like a attack that could be a pride killer, taking it!

Thanks a lot!!! ;D

BBS Signature

Response to Need help naming magic system 2024-02-24 05:56:05

At 2/21/24 04:36 PM, ZX4KTX wrote: Overblown?

I don't really like the name overblown.

But if it makes you feel any better, I gave me an idea of a cool wind attack

BBS Signature

Response to Need help naming magic system 2024-02-24 05:58:58

At 2/21/24 08:04 PM, Thetageist wrote: This website probably has something sufficiently goofy.

I'll use this whenever I'm naming attacks for background fodder characters who'll die the same chapter they're introduced to show how preposterous and maybe a little dubious the next bad guy is

BBS Signature

Response to Need help naming magic system 2024-02-24 06:03:49

ok just so everyone here knows

what you're helping me here isn't to name what the general name of all the magic is but it's providing attack names or your own made up terms.

this'll help me figure out some flaws in my system or even find out cool things I could do with it

I said I need help naming the system, but literally any thing you say here may or may not be used to contextualise and deepen the very system itself

BBS Signature

Response to Need help naming magic system 2024-02-24 06:27:12

At 2/24/24 05:56 AM, T7-101 wrote:
At 2/21/24 04:36 PM, ZX4KTX wrote: Overblown?
I don't really like the name overblown.
But if it makes you feel any better, I gave me an idea of a cool wind attack

Okay, as long as I helped

Don't give two sh*ts about what other people think of you. If you have a high opinion of yourself that's all that matters.

Response to Need help naming magic system 2024-02-24 06:27:47

At 2/24/24 06:03 AM, T7-101 wrote: ok just so everyone here knows
what you're helping me here isn't to name what the general name of all the magic is but it's providing attack names or your own made up terms.
this'll help me figure out some flaws in my system or even find out cool things I could do with it

I said I need help naming the system, but literally any thing you say here may or may not be used to contextualise and deepen the very system itself

Oh...so you wanted some names of magic spells then?

Response to Need help naming magic system 2024-02-24 06:40:43

go go gagdet.

i'm pretty unremarkable.

BBS Signature

Response to Need help naming magic system 2024-02-24 10:06:42

If it's supposed to be as overpowered as you suggest, just call it "Win Power" or something.

Response to Need help naming magic system 2024-02-24 15:28:54

At 2/24/24 06:27 AM, ZX4KTX wrote:
At 2/24/24 06:03 AM, T7-101 wrote: ok just so everyone here knows

Oh...so you wanted some names of magic spells then?

Yes and no

all I'm here asking for is literally any name I could use to help build my system

for example someone my say a name that I would us as the in world scientific name for the crazy powers.

You can give name suggestions for the whole system if you want to as every thing you say will probably be taken or used in my story, even if it's not how you intended it. Just do whatever you want

this is the internet after all so I'm not really expecting consistency or order to be given, especially for an open ended question for something that I only revealed the basics for.

BBS Signature

Response to Need help naming magic system 2024-02-24 15:36:01

Make it stop

you guys like my tunes?

BBS Signature

Response to Need help naming magic system 2024-02-24 15:53:52

At 2/21/24 04:54 AM, T7-101 wrote: I'm making a story where the core magic/power system is crazy, absurd and flashy
I'm trying to make this system sound like a complete joke when introduced so I need a goofy name Like Gamer Energys or Troll mass²

here is how it works:
the basic gist is that each person with powers has their own simple power they can preform in anyway that applies to the logic of the powers statement like "switch things" or "speed, go, go, go".
If one uses powers that their soul rejects then after awhile of use the user will experience after shock which is basically like getting stuck by lightning from the inside out. so anyone can do any move any other can, but just how much they can do each move becomes the problem.

gamers go to

the living tombstone is epic. change my mind

Response to Need help naming magic system 2024-02-24 15:56:16

At 2/24/24 10:06 AM, ZekeWatson wrote: If it's supposed to be as overpowered as you suggest, just call it "Win Power" or something.

I over looked this at first but reading it again gives me a perfect use case for "Win Power"

I'm making how the evilest thing alive rates how strong people are

BBS Signature

Response to Need help naming magic system 2024-02-24 16:11:12

At 2/24/24 03:36 PM, OVERSCORE wrote: Make it stop

stop what, having a active writing forum?

BBS Signature

Response to Need help naming magic system 2024-02-24 16:12:43

At 2/24/24 03:53 PM, riot100233 wrote:
At 2/21/24 04:54 AM, T7-101 wrote: I'm making a story where the core magic/power system is crazy, absurd and flashy

here is how it works:

gamers go to

looks like you come up with the perfect way for gamers to fast travel, just use gamers go to [blank] to go where ever you have already been!!!

BBS Signature

At 2/24/24 04:11 PM, T7-101 wrote:

Nope, that’s the phrase for the magic thing. Shoulda specified, I meant no offense! 😅

Its actually pretty cool that the writing forum is seeing some use.

you guys like my tunes?

BBS Signature

Response to Need help naming magic system 2024-02-24 16:14:24

At 2/24/24 04:12 PM, OVERSCORE wrote:
At 2/24/24 04:11 PM, T7-101 wrote:
Nope, that’s the phrase for the magic thing. Shoulda specified, I meant no offense! 😅

I see now, thinking about it, this would work well as something a character would say to hide what their attack names are really called.

thanks for that suggestion!

BBS Signature

Response to Need help naming magic system 2024-02-24 16:38:38

At 2/24/24 04:12 PM, T7-101 wrote:

here is how it works:

gamers go to
looks like you come up with the perfect way for gamers to fast travel, just use gamers go to [blank] to go where ever you have already been!!!

Bunga speedro

Response to Need help naming magic system 2024-02-24 16:39:26

here is how it works:

gamers go to

forget what i just say

At 2/24/24 04:38 PM, riot100233 wrote:

here is how it works:

gamers go to
Bunga speedro

I'm gonna use this as a insult someone says to the super speed guy before getting punched to the other hemisphere and back. I'd be comedic

BBS Signature

Response to Need help naming magic system 2024-02-24 17:58:45

TESTICULAR TORSION

ich mag katzen

BBS Signature

Response to Need help naming magic system 2024-02-24 18:12:36

At 2/24/24 05:58 PM, CappyCatII wrote: TESTICULAR TORSION

iu_1166705_19511041.webp

BBS Signature

Response to Need help naming magic system 2024-02-24 23:07:54

/kill all

Response to Need help naming magic system 2024-02-24 23:29:53

At 2/24/24 11:07 PM, TingSing wrote: /kill all

that gives me another idea, not telling anyone what it is as it's a lore idea not power scaling idea

BBS Signature

Response to Need help naming magic system 2024-02-24 23:42:08

Fungible Hierarchy

Response to Need help naming magic system 2024-02-24 23:47:40

At 2/24/24 11:42 PM, DocOcsCrocs wrote: Fungible Hierarchy

that's just the Bored Monkeys domain expansion

BBS Signature

Response to Need help naming magic system 2024-02-25 03:30:09

At 2/24/24 04:52 PM, T7-101 wrote:
At 2/24/24 04:38 PM, riot100233 wrote:

here is how it works:

gamers go to
Bunga speedro
I'm gonna use this as a insult someone says to the super speed guy before getting punched to the other hemisphere and back. I'd be comedic

HERE is one last idea zap switch