00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

biimooner just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Audio TOS question

97 Views | 2 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Audio TOS question 2024-02-12 00:28:33

so I have a song that I uploaded and, soon after, deleted because the audio was too quiet (it was maxing at like ... -4).

I've posted 'quiet' songs before and they were made louder automatically, but it didn't seem to have happened quite as intensely as I had hoped this time?

That's besides the point though; I was wondering if re-posting the song with the louder version was acceptable or if it's a breach of the audio posting TOS?

Response to Audio TOS question 2024-02-12 00:51:02 (edited 2024-02-12 00:54:42)

In the audio guidelines there is indeed a notion against reuploading previous submissions, but really it is there to prevent people from gaming the system to generate more publicity. In this case I'm certain it would be fine, but in the future you should simply update the audio file into a fixed version instead.

Response to Audio TOS question 2024-02-12 03:32:01

At 2/12/24 12:51 AM, AED-4 wrote: In the audio guidelines there is indeed a notion against reuploading previous submissions, but really it is there to prevent people from gaming the system to generate more publicity. In this case I'm certain it would be fine, but in the future you should simply update the audio file into a fixed version instead.

thank you for the clarification.

i had attempted to fix the audio file before removing the submission, but I couldn't find anything that would allow me to do that after I had published the project :/