00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Arioksu just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Most UNDERRATED Album of All Time

228 Views | 8 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Most UNDERRATED Album of All Time 2024-02-09 17:06:29

What’s your pick?

I humbly submit it you an album you’ve never heard by a band you’ve never heard of… my FAVORITE album ever…

Opaline by Dishwalla.

Listen to the full thing, it’s such a beautiful album. Curious to see what your picks are!

you guys like my tunes?

BBS Signature

"underrated" has always been an extremely nebulous term for me so I'm assuming in this case it means "somewhat unknown".

I guess technically the most underrated album I know of has to be Tomorrow does not exist by I broke my robot. But while it has its moments and it does sound incredibly consistently clean and polished I wouldn't call it my favourite, although I do like how disturbingly robotic it sounds. I don't know it's just kinda eh for me but it's nice to listen to sometimes.

I don't know if as underrated as the previous but P H ▽ T I S M S by Tusk Mite would def be my favourite sort of "unknown" album right now. I would say it's very likely the best modern breakcore album out there. Every track feels like a constant climax that just keeps relentlessly building up intensity (with a couple breaks here and there just to let you process what just happened of course). It's kinda like xanopticon but with outstandingly pretty soundscapes and hypnotically beautiful melodies. Honestly it almost feels less like an album and more like an hour long track divided into various different sections. Autumn Continuum, Too Close and Avalon are probs my absolute favourite tracks from it. (I didn't mean to write such a long paragraph here so that probably means I should stop before I write an entire book on this lol.) It is a very nice experience.

anyway, honourable mention to gridlock's formless, it is a very pretty ambient album and chrometaphor hits hard, also literally any album by kid606 but specifically down with the scene.

Response to Most UNDERRATED Album of All Time 2024-02-11 16:01:50

At 2/10/24 03:08 AM, Leavesz wrote: "underrated" has always been an extremely nebulous term for me so I'm assuming in this case it means "somewhat unknown".

I guess technically the most underrated album I know of has to be Tomorrow does not exist by I broke my robot. But while it has its moments and it does sound incredibly consistently clean and polished I wouldn't call it my favourite, although I do like how disturbingly robotic it sounds. I don't know it's just kinda eh for me but it's nice to listen to sometimes.

I don't know if as underrated as the previous but P H ▽ T I S M S by Tusk Mite would def be my favourite sort of "unknown" album right now. I would say it's very likely the best modern breakcore album out there. Every track feels like a constant climax that just keeps relentlessly building up intensity (with a couple breaks here and there just to let you process what just happened of course). It's kinda like xanopticon but with outstandingly pretty soundscapes and hypnotically beautiful melodies. Honestly it almost feels less like an album and more like an hour long track divided into various different sections. Autumn Continuum, Too Close and Avalon are probs my absolute favourite tracks from it. (I didn't mean to write such a long paragraph here so that probably means I should stop before I write an entire book on this lol.) It is a very nice experience.

anyway, honourable mention to gridlock's formless, it is a very pretty ambient album and chrometaphor hits hard, also literally any album by kid606 but specifically down with the scene.

Listening to the Tusk Mite album right now. This sounds like nothing I have ever heard before. This is an AWESOME pick, the songs are all so good!

you guys like my tunes?

BBS Signature

Response to Most UNDERRATED Album of All Time 2024-02-11 20:36:25

Hyper on Experence(They only have 1)

Quinnfinity NG

BBS Signature

Response to Most UNDERRATED Album of All Time 2024-02-11 21:38:59

At 2/11/24 08:36 PM, Quinnfinity3 wrote: Hyper on Experence(They only have 1)

I looked them up, and they gave a bunch of short EPs. Which one are you referring to?

you guys like my tunes?

BBS Signature

Response to Most UNDERRATED Album of All Time 2024-02-11 22:22:20

Oh, ok idk

Quinnfinity NG

BBS Signature

Response to Most UNDERRATED Album of All Time 2024-02-11 23:36:47

Probably not most underrated of all time, but I feel like Disco Volante by Mr. Bungle should at least be a lot more popular than it currently is.

Any album released by the Senseless. It honestly feels like I'm the only person that knows they exist lol. Their music is like Death Metal or Grindcore on antidepressants.

If I had to pick one, let's say The Buried Life.

BBS Signature

At 2/9/24 05:06 PM, underscore8298 wrote: What’s your pick?
I humbly submit it you an album you’ve never heard by a band you’ve never heard of… my FAVORITE album ever…
Opaline by Dishwalla.
Listen to the full thing, it’s such a beautiful album. Curious to see what your picks are!

I'm going to say that Clandestiny by Kitchen Sink is very underrated. Probably not the most underrated of all time, but regardless it deserves more love.

The band is actually a group of cousins, three of them wrote the music and they all performed it in their basement, tracking it all in Audacity and despite that it sounds like a proper studio album. Really good lyrics too! The band split up after releasing this which I think is a shame cuz I'd love to hear more from them. I was able to snag the last CD of this album but sadly I dropped it when I received it and the case broke. Still need to replace it.

Give it a listen, it's about an hour long but it's worth every moment.

pfp: BellieQwQ | website: jaypedia.xyz | bandcamp: thejayjay.bandcamp.com

thanq yuo