00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

4DottorTette7 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Recording tips

65 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Recording tips 2024-02-08 21:10:51

im trying to record something on my electric guitar but I can’t figure out how to record the sound clearly. Any tips?

Hubba hubba

Response to Recording tips 2024-02-08 23:19:56 (edited 2024-02-08 23:20:08)

At 2/8/24 09:10 PM, jroc103 wrote: im trying to record something on my electric guitar but I can’t figure out how to record the sound clearly. Any tips?

Try to get an audio interface.

install a daw

adjust things until it sounds good

and very important, watch videos about it

Response to Recording tips 2024-02-08 23:31:15 (edited 2024-02-08 23:33:34)

At 2/8/24 11:19 PM, ironmmlp wrote:
At 2/8/24 09:10 PM, jroc103 wrote: im trying to record something on my electric guitar but I can’t figure out how to record the sound clearly. Any tips?
Try to get an audio interface.
install a daw
adjust things until it sounds good
and very important, watch videos about it

Alright thank you! I think part of the issue is that I don’t know how to pull the sound from the amplifier so I’m stuck putting my phone in front of the amp and just doing it that way.

Hubba hubba

Response to Recording tips 2024-02-08 23:58:55

If you can get your hands on an audio interface, you just gotta connect the line out from the amp into an input on the interface. If you don't have / can't get an interface, you can probably just stick it into your PC's mic input, but I'm not sure what the sound quality will think of that :p

The problem with this of course is that you'll lose the effect the amp's speaker has on the sound, so I believe some people do still record the amp output with a mic, and connect that to the audio interface. But I have a feeling you'd need a fairly pricy mic setup for it to sound better than just taking the amp output.

I should note that I have no firsthand experience of recording anything, this is just what I recall reading in the past :p