00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

craigfarndell just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Music Identifier?

148 Views | 2 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Music Identifier? 2024-01-29 09:19:19

Hello!

I have an audio with poor quality. I know it was taken from this site and also that it is very old. Is there any way to find out the title and author from audio like Shazam?

I apologize if the question has already been asked.

Response to Music Identifier? 2024-01-29 10:38:48 (edited 2024-01-29 10:39:37)

Unfortunately I don't think that there exists an identification database made for music uploaded on Newgrounds. Some can be found with Shazam / Soundhound if they have been uploaded to youtube or spotify, but seems like that was indeed what you tried first.

So most likely you'd need to try to find it manually, either by tracking down some game/movie it was used in and hope they credited the music, or by going through music submitted into audio portal near the timeframe you think it was made, sorting by most views and hoping it was one of the more popular songs back then. I've once managed to find a song that way, but it can a major pain in the ass :p

Response to Music Identifier? 2024-01-29 17:09:09

At 1/29/24 09:19 AM, TafeDon wrote: I have an audio with poor quality. I know it was taken from this site and also that it is very old.

If the audio was downloaded from here and depending on how old, the site used to populate the artist name and track title in the metadata. Some may or not also have an ID number which should match to a submission in the portal.

Flag stolen content, don't be a dingus.

BBS Signature