00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Doughboybr just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

I made my first animation :3

295 Views | 16 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

I made my first animation :3 2024-01-02 04:22:14

I used a frame base I found online to make it. it's better in video form than it is in gif form but Newgrounds doesn't allow videos unless you download them on the post itself so...

iu_1139611_8655364.gif

This is the base frames I used to make it

iu_1139610_8655364.webp

I think it's a really good start. I might try more bases and get comfy with it before doing my own stuff though

Froggo is always watching.

I'm going to shit your pants

[Pronouns are they/them btw]

BBS Signature

Response to I made my first animation :3 2024-01-02 07:53:40

I like it a lot. What did you use to make it? Frame By Frame with photoshop/GIMP/Krita or something like adobe animate or something else? Very cool.

Response to I made my first animation :3 2024-01-02 08:21:49

That's actually pretty decent for a first animation. Keep on practising and you'll get to where you want to be!

Not working on Nightmare Cops.

Also last post.

BBS Signature

Response to I made my first animation :3 2024-01-02 18:09:46

At 1/2/24 07:53 AM, xeiavica wrote: I like it a lot. What did you use to make it? Frame By Frame with photoshop/GIMP/Krita or something like adobe animate or something else? Very cool.

I found out you could animate in krita and found a tutorial on how to do it. Sadly I couldn't figure out how to render the animation to an MP4 so I just screen recorded but I think the slightly worn quality gives it that 2010s charm

BBS Signature

Response to I made my first animation :3 2024-01-03 06:35:43

At 1/2/24 06:09 PM, PudgieDaFrog wrote:
At 1/2/24 07:53 AM, xeiavica wrote: I like it a lot. What did you use to make it? Frame By Frame with photoshop/GIMP/Krita or something like adobe animate or something else? Very cool.
I found out you could animate in krita and found a tutorial on how to do it. Sadly I couldn't figure out how to render the animation to an MP4 so I just screen recorded but I think the slightly worn quality gives it that 2010s charm

You can view animations better if you go to window > workspace > animation and then having the animation frames properly setup, you click file > render animation and it renders it to either directly mp4 OR image sequence you stitch together in the video editor of your choice. This is assuming you're using the latest version: 5.2.2.

Response to I made my first animation :3 2024-01-03 06:56:57

PudgieDaFrog, I want to add before you go deeper into animation features of krita such as transform masks to do camera stuff like zooms or pans, save frequently. There are a few nasty bugs that were fixed in git that were too extreme of changes to backport, so if you run into problems like crashing upon ctrl + z, wait for 5.3 or use the nightly builds.

Response to I made my first animation :3 2024-01-03 14:47:01

At 1/3/24 06:35 AM, xeiavica wrote:
You can view animations better if you go to window > workspace > animation and then having the animation frames properly setup, you click file > render animation and it renders it to either directly mp4 OR image sequence you stitch together in the video editor of your choice. This is assuming you're using the latest version: 5.2.2.

I tried to download the ffmpeg or whatever it's called before but I couldn't find the 5.2.2 version and when I downloaded the latest version it didn't do anything or said it was invalid. I assume I'm doing something wrong there but, eh.

BBS Signature

Response to I made my first animation :3 2024-01-03 15:01:55

At 1/3/24 02:47 PM, PudgieDaFrog wrote:
I tried to download the ffmpeg or whatever it's called before but I couldn't find the 5.2.2 version and when I downloaded the latest version it didn't do anything or said it was invalid. I assume I'm doing something wrong there but, eh.

You're on windows, yes? Here's a direct download link from https://krita.org/en/download/krita-desktop/

https://download.kde.org/stable/krita/5.2.2/krita-x64-5.2.2.zip

Response to I made my first animation :3 2024-01-03 15:02:51

And if you were trying to get ffmpeg 5.2.2, I meant krita 5.2.2.

Response to I made my first animation :3 2024-01-04 02:14:51

At 1/3/24 03:02 PM, xeiavica wrote:
And if you were trying to get ffmpeg 5.2.2, I meant krita 5.2.2.

Oh, yeah I just opened it and I already have it

BBS Signature

Response to I made my first animation :3 2024-01-04 04:43:25

Decided to try the cat lick base too

iu_1140862_8655364.gif

iu_1140861_8655364.png

BBS Signature

Response to I made my first animation :3 2024-01-04 04:55:24

At 1/4/24 04:43 AM, PudgieDaFrog wrote: Decided to try the cat lick base too

This is quite nice for a first time animation. It's relatively common for beginners to be very choppy with the animation, this is pretty smooth.

Response to I made my first animation :3 2024-01-04 05:00:17

At 1/4/24 04:55 AM, xeiavica wrote:
At 1/4/24 04:43 AM, PudgieDaFrog wrote: Decided to try the cat lick base too
This is quite nice for a first time animation. It's relatively common for beginners to be very choppy with the animation, this is pretty smooth.

i think since pixel art tends to have uniformity, it makes animating it with a base easier because it's like putting the blocks in their places and then adding upon them with your own character. I like how her hair bounces after the lick lol

BBS Signature

Response to I made my first animation :3 2024-01-08 07:14:21

Finished this yesterday. Bases have helped me a lot

iu_1143269_8655364.gif

This is the base I used to make it:

https://www.deviantart.com/duelistabbeyryou/art/Spinning-Base-88310188

BBS Signature

Response to I made my first animation :3 2024-01-08 08:13:53

Lol, its like the complete opposite of how I started animating:

Taking existing motions and doing your own graphics with them.

While I took existing graphics, doing my own motions with those.

Gonna be interresting too see how that be progressing in a few years from now.

Response to I made my first animation :3 2024-04-04 15:46:57

At 1/2/24 04:22 AM, PudgieDaFrog wrote: I used a frame base I found online to make it. it's better in video form than it is in gif form but Newgrounds doesn't allow videos unless you download them on the post itself so...

I think it's a really good start. I might try more bases and get comfy with it before doing my own stuff though

which app did u use

Response to I made my first animation :3 2024-04-04 22:28:00

At 4/4/24 03:46 PM, NewAnimati wrote:
At 1/2/24 04:22 AM, PudgieDaFrog wrote: I used a frame base I found online to make it. it's better in video form than it is in gif form but Newgrounds doesn't allow videos unless you download them on the post itself so...

which app did u use

Krita

BBS Signature