00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

domvip just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

I can't create anything.

909 Views | 33 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to I can't create anything. 2024-01-04 17:21:25

At 12/31/23 08:41 PM, FunnyBone1313 wrote: Ever since I was little, I always wanted to create animations and art, but it's been years now and I'm almost 18 and I haven't created anything. I don't know how to draw or animate, and it's been making me really depressed, and whenever I do feel like creating anything, I feel like my opportunity has passed. I don't know what to do. Can anyone help me?

I feel you, I'm starting to make more movies/animations myself. Start basic like everyone else has already mentioned, try drawing using perspectives, simple figures, simple objects and shapes etc. There are TONS of resources online and on YouTube that you can use to help yourself get started. Both for animation and drawing, and also you need to start thinking of what specific style you want to go for. You might be feeling overwhelmed because of the unlimited options that exist, but maybe you want to be a pixel art animator or LEGO figure clay animator. Those two require different skills and are quite different in the way you create the animations themselves. You find your own style, play around with it till it feels comfortable and keep going. Obviously you want to start small, what I used to do was draw stickmen bodies but have a detailed face/head. Then as you improve, you can define the body more, add curves, muscles, frame, clothes, etc.

Best of luck!

Vestik

Response to I can't create anything. 2024-01-04 18:21:59

You can create things, you just choose not to because you believe that you can't.

You want to create something? It's as simple as opening MS Paint and drawing the first thing that comes to mind. Will it be any good? Probably not. But you created something, and by continuing to create you'll get better and better.

the high roller is my favorite they/them lesbian

BBS Signature

Response to I can't create anything. 2024-01-04 19:05:01

Art is really difficult honestly

I think if you start doing base edits that could help! Base edits helped me a lot

Response to I can't create anything. 2024-01-04 19:23:25 (edited 2024-01-04 19:23:45)

At 1/3/24 11:51 PM, YendorNG wrote: Here is some resources:

Basics class: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpqEE9yU474

You should buy a pack of #2 pencils, a sharpener, and a pack of hi-polymer erasers, and a book of blank pages to scribble in. Do not worry about making mistakes drawing cubes and circles and trying to erase them, just make lots of them till you feel confident.

When you feel confident with that, make them MOVE:

Animation exercises: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37L-8lbyS1Y

--Moving on you may need to learn how to draw the human anatomy:

A quick anatomy class: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9m4Hf_6U4Rc

I'd suggest a paid course in anatomy drawing, but there is plenty of free content out there that will get you the jist of it.

All this will take time-- be patient and don't give up. :)

Do you have any more animation tutorials? I' looking to get into it myself

Performer of all, completer of none

BBS Signature