00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Edyborei just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

PODCAST FEEDBACK MISSION

561 Views | 22 Replies

Hey, what's up! It's Aalasteir, I'm having a lot of fun listening to people, but are you also having fun listening?

I need your help in sharing your feedback.

Maximum Slots: Max 20 Winners for a One Month's Membership. Once per poster. iu_1137543_10495428.gif

• To win 1 slot; achieve 30 points on one feedback post.
  • If you already have supporter status you can choose whether it should be given to somebody else, or the money be given to the website.

• When 20 winners have been announced, then the thread will be planned to be locked.
  • If someone needs more time to create their post, then I'm more than willing to extend it beyond 20 winners. I will reserve extra space for you.

RULES:

HOW TO CONTRIBUTE TO THE MISSION:

1. Listen to A100

2. Write detailed feedback on an episode, detailing you're listening experience

3. Post your feedback in this thread

iu_1137544_10495428.gif

POINT SYSTEM:

• Using timestamps is highly encouraged.
  • Please, put effort into your post.
  • If there is something more you would like to add; you are extremely welcome to do so!

Filling in all =🅐= 10 points

🅐Experiences with, and opinions of podcasts:

• Specify your experiences and opinions of podcasts.
  • What makes you interested in listening to a podcast?

🅐Episode choice:

• Why did you choose that episode?

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

Filling in all =🅑= 10 points

🅑What you consider valuable in a podcast:

• What do you value in a podcast?
  • What would make you interested in listening to a podcast episode?

🅑Graphic design and text:

• How do you feel about the logo and the album cover?
  • And the title and the description does it communicate well?

Filling in all =🅒= 10 points

🅒Experience:

• What was your experience of listening to the episode?
  • If applicable please apply timestamps.

🅐Activities:

• What were you doing while you were listening to the episode?

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 

Post Template:

🅐Episode choice:

🅒Experience:

🅐Activities:

Response to PODCAST FEEDBACK MISSION 2023-12-30 07:05:46

My opinion on podcasts is that sometimes they can be pretty interesting to watch if done well!

What makes me interested in listening to a podcast is if people talk about stuff like the origin of something they made or what got them into creating stuff!

🅐Episode choice: 13

It includes 3lation which is a NG creator I recognize immediately.

I value the stories of what people go through and how everyone's story of how they came up with something is completely different.

It would probably be on a certain topic if it interests me or if it includes a popular person people know.

Logo's and album covers are usually not what I criticize in podcasts but if they are unique then it's good.

The title and description can also get me invested into a podcast and it communicates pretty well.

🅒Experience:

My experience was pretty good, nothing terrible nothing outstanding.

🅐Activities:

I was just drawing and eating.

Sorry for any grammatical errors or if I missed out anything - BoiledMilkz

Not working on Nightmare Cops.

Also last post.

BBS Signature

Response to PODCAST FEEDBACK MISSION 2023-12-30 07:20:48

At 12/30/23 07:05 AM, BoiledMilkz wrote: 🅐Experiences with, and opinions of podcasts:

Thank you! Your post was well-written, and your feedback is great. 3lation is a cool dude!

iu_1137564_10495428.png

Response to PODCAST FEEDBACK MISSION 2024-01-05 15:36:52

THE MISSION HAS BEEN CHANGED:

Write something, and win!

HOW TO CONTRIBUTE TO THE MISSION:

1. Listen to A100

2. Write feedback on an episode

3. Post your feedback in this thread

You have won Supporter status

If you already have Supporter status: You can give it to someone else, or I choose at random.

Response to PODCAST FEEDBACK MISSION 2024-01-05 17:14:05

I do like that you get right into the questions quickly. But I think it would be good to start with a very brief introduction of the guest with two pieces of information. Their name, and what they are known for or what kind of things they create. Just to give a bit of context as to who the people are that we are listening to.

BBS Signature

Response to PODCAST FEEDBACK MISSION 2024-01-05 17:19:52

Is already all good soundin to me tbh I'm sure there's always room for improvement but overall it's just as great as any other!

https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/snowycity/vampire-second-night-out

Response to PODCAST FEEDBACK MISSION 2024-01-05 17:28:47 (edited 2024-01-05 17:35:33)

Congratulations to the Living Legend @DoctorStrongbad

iu_1141750_10495428.png

Response to PODCAST FEEDBACK MISSION 2024-01-05 17:33:18

Salute Commander @MalwareShop

iu_1141753_10495428.png

Response to PODCAST FEEDBACK MISSION 2024-01-05 18:06:35

I like Stamper. I like Stamper on podcasts. I enjoy this podcast.

DONT BOTHER ME, OKAY?

Response to PODCAST FEEDBACK MISSION 2024-01-05 18:15:14 (edited 2024-01-05 18:29:10)

At 1/5/24 06:06 PM, BastardFromBrooklyn wrote: I like Stamper. I like Stamper on podcasts. I enjoy this podcast.

Thank you! Stamper is awesome! Congratulations @BastardFromBrooklyn

iu_1141766_10495428.png

Response to PODCAST FEEDBACK MISSION 2024-01-05 18:52:06

Well i listened some podcasts a little bit and i would say... they're really cool, really like how some guests share their experiences and talk about how they're so passionate about it, didn't know which podcasts to choose soooo i just chosed the one that said number 1 lmao

And from what i've been listening it's kinda relaxing and almost heartwarming for some experiences they shared, one thing i would appreciate more (more like personally than other thing tho) is more interaction with guests, like yeah it's relaxing and everything but i think a little bit more of interaction would spice it a little bit, is still enjoyable but interactions would be the cherry on top (at least personally for me)

Have to say i'm not like an expert of podcasts or something and just did my best to give an opinion about it, but personally the podcasts are cool, they're heartwarming, relaxing just that, a little bit more of interactions and it would be mwah perfect and also add they're enjoyable soooo not much to say at all (i repeat it, did my best, i'm not an expert of podcasts kjsandkasd)

The goofy ahh penguin, creator of Deep Sea Prisoner! ;D

BBS Signature

Response to PODCAST FEEDBACK MISSION 2024-01-05 19:35:21 (edited 2024-01-05 19:46:17)

Experiences with, and opinions of podcasts:

Welp prior experiences and opinions of podcast is rough at first but once I started to listen to podcasts on newgrounds I'd started to understand the value of podcasts when it's something that is actually intreasting.

I'm more intrested in how the person got their start in making content since I'm a bit curious about how they got their start in content creation.

Episode choice:https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1279276

Terry-Visual left a wonderful first impression on me ever since I came across the person's animation back in January 2023 with the sureal visuals and awesome effects in the animations.

What you consider valuable in a podcast:

Having helpful advice is really great to help out content creators who are struggling with problems that they don't know the solution to.

It really brings value to the podcast whenever the person getting interviewed tells about their beginnings and

Graphic design and text:

The logo is perfect and the color choices matches the vibe of Newgrounds, I'd bet the text is like the goal of having 100 episodes.

The description is wonderful and brings insite about who the creator being interviewed is.

Experience:

I have great time listening to the podcasts and hearing about intresting techniques the creators use in their content. Highlight: Minecraft can be used to create music: 00:20-00:56

Activities:

I'd usually do some digital art/making test animations while listening to the podcasts.

Huh I remeber getting a Private message about this I wonder who... JK It's really wonderful to have others help you out Aalasteir,wait the mission has changed?-Skproductions

Pfft hate won't hurt me

BBS Signature

Response to PODCAST FEEDBACK MISSION 2024-01-06 06:25:40

Well okay. I was interested in episode 2 with ZaazNG. I like his compositions and his arts. I also liked the quality of this podcast. You've all done a great job! :3

BBS Signature

Response to PODCAST FEEDBACK MISSION 2024-01-06 08:50:37 (edited 2024-01-06 08:52:30)

At 1/5/24 06:52 PM, Chuw-Croissantier wrote: Well i listened some podcasts a little bit and i would say... they're really cool, really like how some guests share their experiences and talk about how they're so passionate about it, didn't know which podcasts to choose soooo i just chosed the one that said number 1 lmao

@Chuw-Croissantier WOW! Super thank you! I am extremely thankful for you sharing your feedback. It's interesting to hear you would like more interactions with the guest.

I would say your post is well-written! Should the be interactions more in a professional creative aspect in terms of talking about their craft, or what they do in their personal life?

Should there be more focus on sharing advice?

iu_1142106_10495428.png

At 1/5/24 07:35 PM, SkProductions wrote: Experiences with, and opinions of podcasts:
Welp prior experiences and opinions of podcast is rough at first but once I started to listen to podcasts on newgrounds I'd started to understand the value of podcasts when it's something that is actually intreasting.

@SkProductions massive thank you! It wasn't my intention to have 100 episodes, I'm happy to hear that the helpful advice is really good and you're interested in hearing about how they began making content. Yes, the mission changed to have more simple rules.

Thank you for mentioning the description!

Should the focus be the guest giving out the full story of how they got started or should they do highlights?

That can be the difference between that segment being 30 minutes, or upwards of two hours/over.

iu_1142108_10495428.png

@Frontlined-Backend thank you! I also have it the same way, I've also looked up other podcasts featuring Stamper, and I listened to the Stamper episodes. Although it did not get me interested in more of the host's other episodes.

What would make you interested in more of the host's other episodes?

iu_1142107_10495428.png

@Tomafokio thank you! I'm happy to hear that the quality is good!

What would be 3 main subjects that would be interesting for you to listen to?

iu_1142109_10495428.png

Response to PODCAST FEEDBACK MISSION 2024-01-06 09:21:04

I am interested in hearing about a person's motivation, finances and creativity :3

BBS Signature

Response to PODCAST FEEDBACK MISSION 2024-01-06 12:30:13 (edited 2024-01-06 12:31:12)

At 1/6/24 08:50 AM, Aalasteir wrote:
At 1/5/24 06:52 PM, Chuw-Croissantier wrote: Well i listened some podcasts a little bit and i would say... they're really cool, really like how some guests share their experiences and talk about how they're so passionate about it, didn't know which podcasts to choose soooo i just chosed the one that said number 1 lmao
@Chuw-Croissantier WOW! Super thank you! I am extremely thankful for you sharing your feedback. It's interesting to hear you would like more interactions with the guest.

I would say your post is well-written! Should the be interactions more in a professional creative aspect in terms of talking about their craft, or what they do in their personal life?

Should there be more focus on sharing advice?

At 1/5/24 07:35 PM, SkProductions wrote: Experiences with, and opinions of podcasts:
@SkProductions massive thank you! It wasn't my intention to have 100 episodes, I'm happy to hear that the helpful advice is really good and you're interested in hearing about how they began making content. Yes, the mission changed to have more simple rules.

Thank you for mentioning the description!

Should the focus be the guest giving out the full story of how they got started or should they do highlights?
That can be the difference between that segment being 30 minutes, or upwards of two hours/over.

@Frontlined-Backend thank you! I also have it the same way, I've also looked up other podcasts featuring Stamper, and I listened to the Stamper episodes. Although it did not get me interested in more of the host's other episodes.

What would make you interested in more of the host's other episodes?

I think a mix of 'em would be cool, like... one interaction in a creative aspect and one in the personal aspect like variating the way of interactions and stuff, basically making a balance of it, at least that's what i think

PS: Also thank you very much for the support!!! i really appreciate it!!

The goofy ahh penguin, creator of Deep Sea Prisoner! ;D

BBS Signature

Response to PODCAST FEEDBACK MISSION 2024-01-06 12:48:26 (edited 2024-01-06 12:51:00)

In my teen years I tried and failed to start a couple of podcasts, I wasn't really taking it very seriously though. Just recording myself talking about stuff like Yugioh or personal life stuff and throwing it up on YouTube. They're all private now.

In my old friend group there were 5 of us that tried to get a podcast going, but honestly I can't remember what it was about, even vaguely. I've always liked the idea of hosting one or being on one though, I just couldn't do it on my own. There would need to be someone else there whom I share good chemistry with. Also if I did start a podcast, I have no idea what it would be about.

The only podcast that I actively listened to on a semi-regular basis was Cortex with CGP Grey and Myke Hurley which I enjoyed at the time. I could probably listen to it again now, but I don't currently.

What interests me in podcasts is hearing about other people's life experiences and their values. When Cortex started out it was supposed to be just a thing where Myke would interview Grey about how he produces his videos, but then it turned into more of a general productivity and tech show with both participants talking about their views and experiences with the apps they use for example. I really liked that at the time.

🅐Episode choice:

14 and 15. I chose them as they are the most recent, it seems to me the most recent work is more likely to be the best representative of the whole.

I value a good discussion with a chill atmosphere for all parties, including the listener. The only thing that would interest me in listening to a podcast nowadays is if it were on a subject I was interested in or if someone was on it who I wanted to hear from.

The logo is a bit simple but in a way it works, hell I'd probably do something similar. I do worry that it doesn't stand out though.

It might be just the episodes I listened to, but the description of the podcast mentions "a convo format with attitude" and I'm not sure I heard any "attitude" in it, though honestly I think I prefer it that way. Again I just like a chill vibe.

🅒Experience:

Episode 14 felt like it dragged on for far too long, the host barely said a word. I imagine in the raw recording they spoke more and it was just edited out. Episode 15 was slightly more enjoyable, but towards the end I felt like it went off the rails from what I assumed was meant to be primarily an interview format.

In both cases however, I found most of what the participants were talking about very interesting - hearing about where they started in their creative journeys, what software they use, what they did before they really got into creating things, their advice for other individuals etc. It was very interesting.

🅐Activities:

Practising Bunnyhopping

Driving a fictional truck around Europe

I already have supporter status, so give mine to someone else.

pfp: BellieQwQ | website: jaypedia.xyz | bandcamp: thejayjay.bandcamp.com

thanq yuo

Response to PODCAST FEEDBACK MISSION 2024-01-07 06:54:47

THANK YOU SO MUCH JAY! YOU ARE AWESOME!

At 1/6/24 12:48 PM, TheJayJay wrote: 🅐Experiences with, and opinions of podcasts:

In my old friend group there were 5 of us that tried to get a podcast going, but honestly I can't remember what it was about, even vaguely. I've always liked the idea of hosting one or being on one though, I just couldn't do it on my own. There would need to be someone else there whom I share good chemistry with. Also if I did start a podcast, I have no idea what it would be about.

How would you define good chemistry? Is it possible to have good chemistry with someone who doesn't share the same personality?

The only podcast that I actively listened to on a semi-regular basis was Cortex with CGP Grey and Myke Hurley which I enjoyed at the time. I could probably listen to it again now, but I don't currently.

What interests me in podcasts is hearing about other people's life experiences and their values. When Cortex started out it was supposed to be just a thing where Myke would interview Grey about how he produces his videos, but then it turned into more of a general productivity and tech show with both participants talking about their views and experiences with the apps they use for example. I really liked that at the time.

Thank you for sharing your experiences; I really appreciate it. Grey is super smart, and from my perspective, he seems very kind.

I value a good discussion with a chill atmosphere for all parties, including the listener. The only thing that would interest me in listening to a podcast nowadays is if it were on a subject I was interested in or if someone was on it who I wanted to hear from.

Thank you, your perspective makes a lot of sense.

The logo is a bit simple but in a way it works, hell I'd probably do something similar. I do worry that it doesn't stand out though.

Thank you! Why doesn't it stand out much? What would stand out?

It might be just the episodes I listened to, but the description of the podcast mentions "a convo format with attitude" and I'm not sure I heard any "attitude" in it, though honestly I think I prefer it that way. Again I just like a chill vibe.

Yes, that's some bullshit I made up because I thought it made sense, in my mind I thought I would talk more although every single time I do a recording session I primarily listen because I don't want to interrupt the guest. Personally I despise when the host talks too much because they are stupid and they don't know what they're talking about, I can relate to that but it doesn't mean I want to listen to it.

Episode 14 felt like it dragged on for far too long, the host barely said a word. I imagine in the raw recording they spoke more and it was just edited out. Episode 15 was slightly more enjoyable, but towards the end I felt like it went off the rails from what I assumed was meant to be primarily an interview format.

Yes XD I spoke slightly more, I felt it made more sense if the focus was on Frank, I've listened to Opie and Anthony, and Howard Stern because they have good clips. Along with the DEEP lore, It's Warhammer 40,000 level shit.

Keep in mind I'm an autismic dude, I'm not sure how it went off the rails? That is definitely some Mega Man IQ level Einstein clues that I'm missing.

Would you say it's a problem I don't talk that much?

In both cases however, I found most of what the participants were talking about very interesting - hearing about where they started in their creative journeys, what software they use, what they did before they really got into creating things, their advice for other individuals etc. It was very interesting.

Thank you so much I'm happy to hear the subjects are interesting.

🅐Activities:

Practising Bunnyhopping

In what game was it?

Driving a fictional truck around Europe

Keep on trucking!

Congratulations @MetalSlayer69

iu_1142646_10495428.png

At 1/6/24 06:15 PM, Frontlined-Backend wrote: I dont often listen to podcasts, and this generally isnt a genre of podcast I would be interested in if I listened to them more often, as I generally dont invest interest in other artists themselves, unless I have either personally interacted with them or find them relatable to some extent.
It would probably be pretty weird if I reccommended you talk to artists I know then I listen to you two talk.
Idk interveiw clearly insane people that would be interesting

@Frontlined-Backend yeah, that would be weird, you're right. It's an interesting idea to interview unique characters.

Response to PODCAST FEEDBACK MISSION 2024-01-07 06:57:22

I don't deserve it but I thank you anyway

tries too hard to be edgy and is blocked by many because he acts rude towards others to feel better about himself.

BBS Signature

Response to PODCAST FEEDBACK MISSION 2024-01-07 10:53:29

At 1/7/24 06:54 AM, Aalasteir wrote: THANK YOU SO MUCH JAY! YOU ARE AWESOME!

Aw, thank you!

How would you define good chemistry? Is it possible to have good chemistry with someone who doesn't share the same personality?

To be honest, I'm not sure. Maybe? I think good chemistry for a podcast means that all people involved sound like they're having a good time and/or contributing to the discussion in a meaningful way. In an interview format, chemistry could just be something as simple as the interviewer asking follow-up questions based on what the interviewee has said, it shows that they're engaged in what the other person is saying. I'm not entirely certain but that's what comes to mind.

I only say it doesn't stand out that much because it's essentially just a single shape. Thinking further though, the podcasts I have seen tend to have simpler logos. I might be overthinking it.

Yes, that's some bullshit I made up because I thought it made sense, in my mind I thought I would talk more although every single time I do a recording session I primarily listen because I don't want to interrupt the guest. Personally I despise when the host talks too much because they are stupid and they don't know what they're talking about, I can relate to that but it doesn't mean I want to listen to it.

Not necessarily, I think for episode 14 I just found it a bit jarring, could just be a me thing.

In what game was it?

The Beginner's Guide

pfp: BellieQwQ | website: jaypedia.xyz | bandcamp: thejayjay.bandcamp.com

thanq yuo

Response to PODCAST FEEDBACK MISSION 2024-01-07 12:10:24 (edited 2024-01-07 12:10:36)

At 1/7/24 10:53 AM, TheJayJay wrote:
At 1/7/24 06:54 AM, Aalasteir wrote: THANK YOU SO MUCH JAY! YOU ARE AWESOME!
Aw, thank you!

To be honest, I'm not sure. Maybe? I think good chemistry for a podcast means that all people involved sound like they're
having a good time and/or contributing to the discussion in a meaningful way. In an interview format, chemistry could just : be something as simple as the interviewer asking follow-up questions based on what the interviewee has said, it shows : : that they're engaged in what the other person is saying. I'm not entirely certain but that's what comes to mind.

Thank you, I feel that makes a lot of sense. I deeply appreciate your input.

I only say it doesn't stand out that much because it's essentially just a single shape. Thinking further though, the podcasts I have seen tend to have simpler logos. I might be overthinking it.

You are absolutely right they do tend to have simple logos.

From my experience doing my show: It is a necessity because the pipeline from conception to production is already very long, and if there was an added process of adding a unique album cover for each episode, the process would be even more complicated.

Not necessarily, I think for episode 14 I just found it a bit jarring, could just be a me thing.

I am a personality type that doesn't talk a lot.

In what game was it?
The Beginner's Guide

Looks cool! Made by the creator of The Stanley Parable.

Response to PODCAST FEEDBACK MISSION 2024-01-17 19:20:41

Thank you so much for sharing your experiences! I declare this mission a success.

Response to PODCAST FEEDBACK MISSION 2024-01-17 20:36:04

OP requested lock

¥ ♡ ¥ BBS, Review and Chat Mod - PM for help or to snitch! ¥ ♡ ¥

¥ ♡ ¥ Sig pic byTemplate88 ¥ ♡ ¥

BBS Signature