00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ragdollchewy just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Just got scouted and want to ask something

138 Views | 4 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

So I just got scouted and now im hesitant to post a recent christmas drawing. So is posting a art work that is more lower of quality (ex. Lack of shading, having a single stock photo, feeling kinda empty) not recommended? And if so, are there any alternatives to post it without getting my art portal priviledge revoked?

Response to Just got scouted and want to ask something 2023-12-27 18:39:56

When you upload art, there's an checkmark near the bottom that says "Finished piece" which is checked by default. I assume you can leave it unchecked for pieces that are not representative of your best output.

Response to Just got scouted and want to ask something 2023-12-27 19:01:32

At 12/27/23 06:32 PM, SoupcanPyroII wrote: So I just got scouted and now im hesitant to post a recent christmas drawing. So is posting a art work that is more lower of quality (ex. Lack of shading, having a single stock photo, feeling kinda empty) not recommended? And if so, are there any alternatives to post it without getting my art portal priviledge revoked?

You're not likely to get unscouted from one sub-par piece. As long as most of your works are deemed to be scout-worthy, you should be good.

Unfortunately, art is subjective, so there's not a super clear line of what is and isn't scout-worthy. Your examples don't really mean much, as there are examples of both scouted and unscouted artists who do them.

As long as you're satisfied with the piece, and felt like you put effort into it, I think it should be fine for the portal. If you get unscouted under both of those circumstances~ then unfortunately you weren't going to last long anyways.

If you don't feel satisfied and all that, as the other said, you can always opt out of the portal for any singular piece, but then only your follower and people who click on your profile will see the piece.

Response to Just got scouted and want to ask something 2023-12-27 19:58:48

If by low quality you're meaning to all these things you remarked are lacking in your work (lack of shadows or lighting, etc.) then no, you're not getting unscouted by that, as long as your work is either original, fun or shows actual effort in any other way (If the christmas drawing has a bg and some detail, you're gonna be alright).

You risk your privileges of scouted user if you spam art (whether good or bad), upload AI or photograph art, steal something or just make something that scored below 2 stars (that's the mark NG uses to decide if a work must stay or not)

Being 100% alive means taking a 50% of actions and having a 50% of perspective

BBS Signature

Response to Just got scouted and want to ask something 2023-12-27 22:01:39

At 12/27/23 06:32 PM, SoupcanPyroII wrote: So I just got scouted and now im hesitant to post a recent christmas drawing. So is posting a art work that is more lower of quality (ex. Lack of shading, having a single stock photo, feeling kinda empty) not recommended? And if so, are there any alternatives to post it without getting my art portal priviledge revoked?

you can uncheck the box in the submission page that asks if your art is a finished piece, and/or check the "opt out of any awards" box

I'm the best for a reason.

BBS Signature