00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

officialkingcrab0 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

beginner watercolor tips?

58 Views | 0 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

beginner watercolor tips? 2023-12-25 09:17:06

i got watercolor supplies for christmas, and even though ive been looking into how to use it for about a week now, i thought it would be good to ask for more tips just in case. i had never used watercolor ever prior to this morning when i tried out my new ones for the first time

i’m starting out with a sketchbook full of cold-pressed watercolor paper, 4 regular water brushes (ranging from large to small. i have a good range of brush sizes i think), and a set of natural colors (like various shades of brown and green). if i end up enjoying watercolor (which i have so far), i’ll get myself more colors to work with

i can also provide pictures of my supplies if needed

i also think it’s important to note that i’m primarily a digital artist, and i have been for years. i haven’t traditionally painted since i was a kid, and the closest i’ve come since is pen doodles in my sketchbook/drawings with alcohol markers lmfao. it’s been a hot minute, but i’m relearning

art thread!! :D

art nerd who has nothing to talk about, other than art or extremely specific fandom stuff

BBS Signature