00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

officialkingcrab0 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

🎅 Live drawing after so long…

142 Views | 8 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

I’ve gotten so used to drawing on tablet, it feels almost alien to draw on paper once again! After sketching, I felt I’ve taken live drawing too much for granted. Man, it feels good!

iu_1134376_8152063.png

Now I’m gonna try inking and coloring a little later. Something to do during the Christmas family gathering!

OviVixen Master Demo (18+)

BBS Signature

Response to 🎅 Live drawing after so long… 2023-12-24 19:42:03

A bittersweet end to my first live art in years…

iu_1134545_8152063.png

BBS Signature

Response to 🎅 Live drawing after so long… 2023-12-24 20:21:53

I know that feeling. I've developed a unique drawing workflow that's only doable on digital (plus a habit of ctrl+z'ing a tad too much), so if I tried drawing something traditionally, my skill level would seem way inferior.

BBS Signature

I actually am very equilibrated in both digital and live drawing. Partly because since I don't have a tablet or a portatil, I can't do digital drawings while in school, so I do 'em in paper

Being 100% alive means taking a 50% of actions and having a 50% of perspective

BBS Signature

Response to 🎅 Live drawing after so long… 2023-12-24 21:27:32

At 12/24/23 09:17 PM, EmsDeLaRoZ wrote: I actually am very equilibrated in both digital and live drawing. Partly because since I don't have a tablet or a portatil, I can't do digital drawings while in school, so I do 'em in paper

That’s the first time I ever heard of the word “portatil”! I know it’s a laptop, but hearing it be called that is new to me.

BBS Signature

Response to 🎅 Live drawing after so long… 2023-12-24 21:28:58

At 12/24/23 09:27 PM, OviManic wrote:
At 12/24/23 09:17 PM, EmsDeLaRoZ wrote: I actually am very equilibrated in both digital and live drawing. Partly because since I don't have a tablet or a portatil, I can't do digital drawings while in school, so I do 'em in paper
That’s the first time I ever heard of the word “portatil”! I know it’s a laptop, but hearing it be called that is new to me.

Yeah, over here we call it "portatil" because is a portatil computer. In my case, i'm not very used to the LapTop term, so I just call it portatil

BBS Signature

Response to 🎅 Live drawing after so long… 2023-12-24 23:08:32

At 12/24/23 09:28 PM, EmsDeLaRoZ wrote:
Yeah, over here we call it "portatil" because is a portatil computer. In my case, i'm not very used to the LapTop term, so I just call it portatil

Languages are fun! The @ symbol is refered to as "małpa" in Polish which literally translates to "ape".

BBS Signature

Response to 🎅 Live drawing after so long… 2023-12-24 23:11:09

At 12/24/23 11:08 PM, CzySzy wrote:
Languages are fun! The @ symbol is refered to as "małpa" in Polish which literally translates to "ape".

So, you're saying that whenever we reference someone via the @ were actually calling them apes in Maltese?

BBS Signature

Response to 🎅 Live drawing after so long… 2023-12-24 23:26:38

At 12/24/23 11:11 PM, EmsDeLaRoZ wrote:
At 12/24/23 11:08 PM, CzySzy wrote:
So, you're saying that whenever we reference someone via the @ were actually calling them apes in Maltese?

Hmmm, no. The use is highly contextual. It's complex. xD I don't feel like explaining it rn. ;P

BBS Signature