00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

zooropa1980 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

⚔️ ART CONTEST (CGS Arena)

125 Views | 1 Reply

⚔️ ART CONTEST (CGS Arena) 2023-12-23 12:32:42

For my art account on TikTok (@cgstoons), I am doing a contest that is pretty similar to Death Battle. Honestly you don’t even have to just be an artist to participate because I’m also accepting photoshops, edits, and memes.

So basically there’ll be 8 total contestants. Each week 2 will be battling against eachother. The way you vote for them is by making art or any other type of content that relates to the character’s franchise or topic, and then submitting it in their channel on my Discord.

The first 2 contestants this week will be Selene from Fortnite and Kurt Cobain of Nirvana!

iu_1133858_7726606.png

As you read, if Selene wins, I’ll do only Fortnite art for a whole week and also do a stream where I play Fortnite with fans.

iu_1133859_7726606.png

For those who aren’t familiar with my TikTok, I have done a daily challenge where I sketched every song I had in my Spotify playlist (you’ll so easily find the whole thing after a couple scrolls on my page). I’ll add on to that and do digital remakes if Kurt wins.

Reminder that there will be more! I’ve already posted a couple other contestants from this round on my Discord!

🔗Join to participate discord.gg/pJYHVbR8YC

gucci man from 2007

BBS Signature

Response to ⚔️ ART CONTEST (CGS Arena) 2023-12-23 13:21:24

So just want to start off by saying that this is not an art contest. There are no winners, there are no prizes, there is no competition aspect for any would-be participants.

This is an activity, which is fine activity threads pop up all the time. The problem emerges when this isn’t a Newgrounds community activity; this is a ‘your discord and tiktok’ community activity.

I get the desire to grow your audience and advertise and projects and try to get participation and followers for your social media. But coming into a community and saying “yo, check out, and participate this thing that I’m doing somewhere else, here’s a link!” And framing it as a “Contest” Is not going to win anybody over, I’m sorry.

Because This is labeled as a contest without being a contest I am going to lock this thread. If you want to reframe this or make it an activity for the Art forum feel free to. Otherwise good luck with the project!