00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Aboylan97 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

From musician to musician: What do i do with this song?

270 Views | 2 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

I've been trying to make this song for a year now, and i don't know what to do with it. Anyone who's good at making music, give me ideas on what to do with this song.

At 12/22/23 08:07 PM, Reganati wrote: I've been trying to make this song for a year now, and i don't know what to do with it. Anyone who's good at making music, give me ideas on what to do with this song.
https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1273298

You could continue it with a base rhytm for the drums, the same instrumental for about two cycles and actually, you could seriously do what you think would fit better, when youre out of inspiration what you need to do is...

Between the day, you can whistle, maybe humming and hearing your favorite artists music, when a idea shows up to your mind, write it down as soon as possible! If you have a program on your phone you could make a blank proyect and put that in.

This helps you a lot when you ran out of inspiration or motivation, and something that helps way more is... Fight the musical block, and try anything that overcomes the lack of ideas.

When I run out of ideas, but really want to do something, then I do Hardcoretechno versions of something.

Thats hilarious cause you just need to do a intense Kick every quarter beat some sharp synths. Then you record midi notes and bang your head or fist on the keyboard at random positions in a range of 2 oktaves. Now you quantize (at least the start times) then they fit in the beat if the key doesn't fit, move the notes to the next one that is more harmonic and remove the ones that are to close, or create a chord.

In case a melody appears, you can use that and create a part with this melody in another genre in it as break before you come back to the utz utz stuff.

In the case of this sample here I have a mixture of electro and Hardstyle in my mind.