00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Tsuki124 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Transgender YA romance novel.

458 Views | 5 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Transgender YA romance novel. 2023-12-11 05:37:09

I've been dedicating myself since November in writing a romance novel called "Harmony of Love". This is not my first attempt at writing even though it might seem like it if you check my profile page. I have horrible short stories for fun and diary entries which shall never see the light of day.

The story features two transgender teenagers, Stacey and AJ. Stacey is a extroverted trans girl who just got out of a break up and lost her high school status as the popular girl that sings covers of pop songs on YouTube and TikTok. AJ ran away from his parents because they discovered that he was trans (how is a spoiler). He practices the guitar at his free time and uploads them on YouTube.

I've done tons of research on transgender people, watched trans Youtubers to the point the algorithm thinks I'm transgender myself and talked to my trans friends to prevent negative stereotypes and bad representation.

I am mostly here for tips for writing because I always wanted to write romance novels and see them in book stores and libraries since I was little. I even made a rough cover:

iu_1128203_10167337.webp

I love art and drawings!!!!!!!!

wishing you the best in this. being trans myself I do find myself sometimes longing for more media that seeks to capture the unique experiences I've had in my romantic and romantic-adjacent life over the years. if you need a pair of writers' eyes on your draft or have any questions, feel free to dm me :)

returning from 8 years hiatus haha so maybe renovating a little :>

FOLLOW 4 FOOL WRITING & POETRY HERE

BBS Signature

At 1/8/24 11:19 PM, JimmyTheCaterpillar wrote: wishing you the best in this. being trans myself I do find myself sometimes longing for more media that seeks to capture the unique experiences I've had in my romantic and romantic-adjacent life over the years. if you need a pair of writers' eyes on your draft or have any questions, feel free to dm me :)

The book is going to be completely different to what you see, I used different characters because I struggled with their personality and renamed them.

I'll show the draft when it's done.

I love art and drawings!!!!!!!!

Response to Transgender YA romance novel. 2024-01-31 17:27:12

Sounds like a good idea, but be ready for the backlash. I hear it is really strong in this day and age.

Sounds like a beautiful story. Looking forward to your novel and good luck on your journey!

Oh and btw where do you plan to publish it?

BBS Signature

At 12/11/23 05:37 AM, Mimiis07 wrote: I've been dedicating myself since November in writing a romance novel called "Harmony of Love". This is not my first attempt at writing even though it might seem like it if you check my profile page. I have horrible short stories for fun and diary entries which shall never see the light of day.
The story features two transgender teenagers, Stacey and AJ. Stacey is a extroverted trans girl who just got out of a break up and lost her high school status as the popular girl that sings covers of pop songs on YouTube and TikTok. AJ ran away from his parents because they discovered that he was trans (how is a spoiler). He practices the guitar at his free time and uploads them on YouTube.
I've done tons of research on transgender people, watched trans Youtubers to the point the algorithm thinks I'm transgender myself and talked to my trans friends to prevent negative stereotypes and bad representation.
I am mostly here for tips for writing because I always wanted to write romance novels and see them in book stores and libraries since I was little. I even made a rough cover:

Seconding what Jimmy said as another trans writer. I wish you all the luck in your writing journey.