00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

officialkingcrab0 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Animation for 2D

125 Views | 8 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Animation for 2D 2023-12-04 22:26:46

Is there a software for cheap/free out there anyone can recommend? I don't have much I can spend but I'd like something decent enough.

Response to Animation for 2D 2023-12-05 00:10:08

At 12/4/23 10:26 PM, AphidLad wrote: Is there a software for cheap/free out there anyone can recommend? I don't have much I can spend but I'd like something decent enough.

There is a software that I use. It's called Krita. It's free to download. You're able to do 2D animations there.

Response to Animation for 2D 2023-12-05 03:00:06

At 12/4/23 10:26 PM, AphidLad wrote: Is there a software for cheap/free out there anyone can recommend? I don't have much I can spend but I'd like something decent enough.

free programs

OpenToonz, [or Tahoma2D (version of opentoonz meant to be more user friendly)]

Pencil2D

See my profile page for link to showroom

BBS Signature

Response to Animation for 2D 2023-12-05 05:59:10 (edited 2023-12-05 05:59:58)

Also free a program - Blender.

You can draw in there and animate it. It has separate workflow for that. There are professional cartoons you can see form local tele/streaming which are made with it. Also a lot of tutorials are available as this program fans are like a cult (in a good way).

I do not know how different is its learning curve vs. dedicated 2D drawing programs, but I see it used for a plenty for 2D animation and results are good.

Response to Animation for 2D 2023-12-05 06:03:43

At 12/5/23 12:10 AM, KeidanLand wrote:
There is a software that I use. It's called Krita. It's free to download. You're able to do 2D animations there.

I'd also recommend Krita. I use it personally and I think it's fantastic in terms of drawing workflow.

BBS Signature

Response to Animation for 2D 2023-12-05 06:36:12

At 12/5/23 06:03 AM, CzySzy wrote:
I'd also recommend Krita. I use it personally and I think it's fantastic in terms of drawing workflow.

I've done a few animations in Krita. It does the job but the audio playback is horrible. Is this just a me problem or does it happen to you too?

Look at him spin

BBS Signature

Response to Animation for 2D 2023-12-05 06:49:23

At 12/5/23 06:36 AM, aapiarts wrote:
I've done a few animations in Krita. It does the job but the audio playback is horrible. Is this just a me problem or does it happen to you too?

That's true. Krita can't handle audio. :( Which is why whenever I'm doing an animation that syncs up with some kind of audio track, I have to do the rough stuff and primary lip synching in Flash. But for cleanups I now only use Krita.

BBS Signature

Response to Animation for 2D 2023-12-05 07:17:50

At 12/5/23 06:49 AM, CzySzy wrote:
At 12/5/23 06:36 AM, aapiarts wrote:
That's true. Krita can't handle audio. :( Which is why whenever I'm doing an animation that syncs up with some kind of audio track, I have to do the rough stuff and primary lip synching in Flash. But for cleanups I now only use Krita.

Yeah that's my only reason why I wanna try out other animation softwares. Other than that Krita is good.

Look at him spin

BBS Signature

Response to Animation for 2D 2023-12-05 15:34:00

At 12/5/23 05:59 AM, Tenebrare wrote: Also free a program - Blender.

You can draw in there and animate it. It has separate workflow for that. There are professional cartoons you can see form local tele/streaming which are made with it. Also a lot of tutorials are available as this program fans are like a cult (in a good way).

I do not know how different is its learning curve vs. dedicated 2D drawing programs, but I see it used for a plenty for 2D animation and results are good.

I'm gonna try it out, seems pretty alright so far.