00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mekboybilly just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Dumbest art criticism

357 Views | 6 Replies

The dumbest art criticism I had was when I showed my WIP drawing of Nyarlathotep's Black Pharaoh avatar in a Lovecraft discord server and some one critized because "you made him look like a gay cosplayer".

iu_1124848_9228192.webp

Ok, I'm open to criticism but this doesn't help anyone, and what is there to even complain about? Like I'm just following what he looks in the original story and he complained because it doesn fit his take on the Mythos. And if you think this is joke, nope the guy was being genuinely dead serious and to make it worse, the guy is too lazy to draw something himself.

Have you every got any shitty art criticism?

Response to Dumbest art criticism 2023-12-04 03:29:55

the guy made a dumb joke and you're still seething about it on a completely different website lol

tries too hard to be edgy and is blocked by many because he acts rude towards others to feel better about himself.

BBS Signature

Response to Dumbest art criticism 2023-12-04 04:13:22 (edited 2023-12-04 04:14:55)

Eh, the guy was just trolling and you took it at heart. 1st day on internet ?

I'd post the dumbest comments I have got on my work, but as I said in that how to deal with haters-thread, that I have this strict 0 attention policies to idiots and trolls, so I do not even quote them behind their back.

Kind the comment you posted above wouldn't even make me blink. It's just some fella trolling, nothing to it. Also gay cosplayers tend to look genuinely pretty. Ever thought to look at that way ?

Response to Dumbest art criticism 2023-12-04 09:35:26 (edited 2023-12-04 09:49:30)

At 12/4/23 04:13 AM, Tenebrare wrote: Eh, the guy was just trolling and you took it at heart. 1st day on internet ?

I'd post the dumbest comments I have got on my work, but as I said in that how to deal with haters-thread, that I have this strict 0 attention policies to idiots and trolls, so I do not even quote them behind their back.

Kind the comment you posted above wouldn't even make me blink. It's just some fella trolling, nothing to it. Also gay cosplayers tend to look genuinely pretty. Ever thought to look at that way ?

Like I said, he wasn't, he was actually dead serious. The guy was one of those alt-right conspiracy theorists that think the gays or the Jews are corrupting society type of people. He also unironically ranted about NNN. I just don't know, this is first time encountering a freak. I've seen trolls, but this guy is just a freak.

And I'm currently in the "I feel like my art sucks" phase.

Response to Dumbest art criticism 2023-12-04 09:47:48 (edited 2023-12-04 09:55:53)

At 12/4/23 03:29 AM, MetalSlayer69 wrote: the guy made a dumb joke and you're still seething about it on a completely different website lol

Well I'm currently in my "I feel like my art sucks now" phase, so yeah, really changes a man

Response to Dumbest art criticism 2023-12-04 10:00:55 (edited 2023-12-04 10:02:01)

At 12/4/23 09:35 AM, SporgyTheMenace wrote: Like I said, he wasn't, he was actually dead serious. The guy was one of those alt-right conspiracy theorists that think the gays or the Jews are corrupting society type of people. He also unironically ranted about NNN. I just don't know, this is first time encountering a freak. I've seen trolls, but this guy is just a freak.

And I'm currently in the "I feel like my art sucks" phase.

See - he is just a freak, something you shouldn't concern yourself with.

Focus always on the feedback that makes sense. If you didn't figure from my post as it was maybe too subtle of a hint, but you have given your character, whoever he is pretty aesthetic - I see a sketch that may turn into something cartoon/anime inspired. :)

Also I shouldn't be saying it in public forums, so do not tell this ... sssshhhh.... anyone else, but this sketch looks better than majority works I see on the recent drawings thread. Work on your idea and share it here - and ask feedback here, where people would be able to tell your weaknesses and strengths without insulting or trolling you.

For example I like shape of face and the eyes, those are nice.

Response to Dumbest art criticism 2023-12-04 10:36:01

dwelling on throwaway comments from “alt-right conspirators theorists” or any other online troll is not a productive use of anyone’s time. If anybody wants to complain about meanies on the internet, keep it to Newsposts please.