00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

frankoftheweek just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

What are your favorite Cartoon Network series?

373 Views | 14 Replies

A discussion of Cartoon Network's favorite cartoons. All seasons of Cartoon Network front in this discussion.

• No Nickelodeon
  • No Disney

BBS Signature

Response to What are your favorite Cartoon Network series? 2023-12-03 04:02:09

Regular Show.

Adventure Time was sick af too, but the art style is ehh imo, plus Finn simping for women happens way more than Mordecai iirc.

And why the fuck did every good show from that time had to have weird awkward romance simping, dirties the shows that could have been otherwise really timeless all the way through imo.

Take it with a grain of salt, I am slower than a snail.

BBS Signature

Response to What are your favorite Cartoon Network series? 2023-12-03 04:15:52

Ed Edd n Eddy of course. I mean, IMHO it's not just my favorite CN cartoon but also one of the greatest cartoons ever created.

BBS Signature

Response to What are your favorite Cartoon Network series? 2023-12-03 04:20:46

At 12/3/23 03:26 AM, bisteca2007 wrote: A discussion of Cartoon Network's favorite cartoons. All seasons of Cartoon Network front in this discussion.

Regular Show

Adventure Time

TAWOG

Not working on Nightmare Cops.

Also last post.

BBS Signature

Response to What are your favorite Cartoon Network series? 2023-12-03 05:37:36

Ed, Edd, n Eddy with Billy and Mandy, Regular Show, Courage, and Dexter's Lab coming close behind.

At 12/3/23 04:15 AM, CzySzy wrote: Ed Edd n Eddy of course. I mean, IMHO it's not just my favorite CN cartoon but also one of the greatest cartoons ever created.

These few seconds of Ed alone put it ahead of the pack for me, lol.

iu_1124352_19707254.gif

The Real Adventures of Jonny Quest - still, when CN shows looked nice.

You said all seasons, lol. That is ... very... very old season.Hehehe

Response to What are your favorite Cartoon Network series? 2023-12-03 05:45:09

Cow and Chicken was one of the funniest things I’ve ever experienced. I don’t remember much but I remember it had me rolling. I found it hilarious that every background character was the devil.

Code Name Kids Next Door was super addictive there was so much world building.

And lots of interesting characters.

The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy had lots of hit or miss jokes but when they hit they hit hard.

The first season of the Boondocks was comedy gold! The rest was pretty much just recycling the same jokes and it got old.

Robot Chicken was the most hilarious things I’ve ever witnessed as well at the start. But it started to stagnate after a while.

They just milked that show dry.

Duck Dodgers was a masterpiece there was so much care put into every single line. Even though nothing ever really happened on that show the dialogue is what had you coming back.

Ninjago Masters of Spinjitzu was and still is one of the most deepest and insightful cartoons ever made. With super high stakes and epic plots it was clearly written by some people that have lots of heart and wisdom.

I make comics checkout my Shuttle Switcher comic series ! And Ghost Galaxy as well!

BBS Signature

ed edd n eddy

looney tunes

looney tunes show

Tom and Jerry

Regular show

Johnny Test

Powerpuff girls (the og version)

Adventures of Billy and Mandy

Courage the cowardly dog

fosters home for imaginary friends

AND

Codename: Kids next Door

BBS Signature

The first season of the Boondocks was comedy gold! The rest was pretty much just recycling the same jokes and it got old.

Robot Chicken was the most hilarious things I’ve ever witnessed as well at the start. But it started to stagnate after a while.

Weren't these 2 adult swim? Even though its on cartoon network channel is on adult swim so idk if it counts

BBS Signature

Response to What are your favorite Cartoon Network series? 2023-12-03 08:50:58

Does anybody here remember the British kidcom/sitcom My Spy Family (live action)? It definitely had its moments! I watched it on TV back in the day, with the absolutely superb Polish dub.

iu_1124415_3945050.png

BBS Signature

Response to What are your favorite Cartoon Network series? 2023-12-03 11:40:38

Oh wow, this takes me back. I basically learned English watching Cartoon Network on cable TV as a kid!

The first CN show I really loved was Dexter's Laboratory, right from the episode with the animal-swapping remote. I also loved Cow & Chicken, I.M. Weasel, Powerpuff Girls and Ed, Edd & Eddy. The Red Guy was probably one of my favorite characters, I'd be ashamed to admit how many of his lines I can recite by heart.

Thinking back, off in the distance, the future shone everywhere we looked

Underneath the beautiful blue sky

We were just a little bit afraid

BBS Signature

Response to What are your favorite Cartoon Network series? 2023-12-03 14:29:58

Courage the cowardly dog!

The perfect blend of funny and spooky.

(・∀・)

BBS Signature

The Chowder theme song plays in my head sometimes. I don't even know why lol

Also, Regular Show & Hamtaro

Art Dump

I like to yap incoherently about my art sometimes

God bless you.

BBS Signature

Response to What are your favorite Cartoon Network series? 2023-12-04 10:44:30

Ben 10. I binge-watched OS and AF until I got to UAF. (which I feel like it's pretty meh)

enter hyperspace.

BBS Signature

Response to What are your favorite Cartoon Network series? 2023-12-04 10:53:37

This topic is tangential to art, but not really an art topic in the lens of how the Art Forum is meant to function. You can take it to the Clubs and Crews, or the Animation Forum, but I believe that forum is more for animating concerns.

General forum being closed leads to a lot of wayward discussion threads that don’t fit cleanly anywhere else unfortunately.