00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Yusuf just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

William and Sly - Art Contest

8,567 Views | 39 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

William and Sly - Art Contest 2023-11-28 11:57:39

THE FLASH CLASSICS

The hit Flash games, William and Sly (1 + 2), are coming to Steam in the form of the Classic Collection. This is a simple repackaging of these titles, that will allow for them to be played in fullscreen at 60fps! And it will be made available 100% for free! It is releasing soon, so be sure to Wishlist it so you're notified when it's available.

iu_1121887_2083606.png

Are you a big William and Sly fan? Please consider joining this unofficial Discord server for the series!

WILLIAM AND SLY 3

All of which is leading up to the 3rd official entry in the series, simply titled William and Sly. This new entry is fully 3D, and is coming to Steam as a paid release in Spring 2024! Check out the trailer below, and please be sure to add this one to your Wishlist as well!

THE CONTEST

• Create a William and Sly themed piece of artwork (any style/medium is fine)
  • Submit your work to the Art Portal with the tag williamandsly by the end of Sunday Dec 10th, 2023
  • (Optional) Tweet your artwork out with #williamandsly

Other rules:

• Multiple entries are allowed, but you'll only be able to win once
  • No NSFW art
  • No AI made entries
  • Submissions after the deadline will NOT be counted

PRIZES:

Myself and series creator Kajenx will handle the final judging.

• 5th Place: Steam key for WaS3 + OST
  • 4th Place: WaS3 + OST + 1 Year Subscription to Newgrounds
  • 3rd Place: $50 + WaS3 + OST + 1 year NG Sub
  • 2nd Place: $100 + WaS3 + OST + 1 year NG Sub
  • 1st Place: $200 + WaS3 + OST + 1 year NG Sub

Useful info:

• We will announce the winners through the BBS, as well as on Twitter
  • Copies of the game will be distributed to the winners as Steam keys upon release.
  • Cash prizes will be paid through PayPal.

Thank you for all the support shown for this series over the years! It's been really wonderful to hear from people, and their enduring memories of spending a chill afternoon running through William and Sly's serene nature vistas. We hope both of these upcoming releases can recapture that magic :)

One last time:

Wishlist the Classic Collection

and the upcoming William and Sly (2024)

Join the unofficial Discord

GAH!

BBS Signature

Response to William and Sly - Art Contest 2023-11-28 13:04:55

good luck to all who join!

Full size of signature's picture

BBS Signature

Response to William and Sly - Art Contest 2023-11-28 14:06:00

I've been trying to remember what this game was called for years! Best way to find out about it again.

Response to William and Sly - Art Contest 2023-11-28 14:34:14

this game means a lot to me. and seeing how much attention it's been getting just makes my heart happy. i wish you all the best.

I remember these games, and the new one looks really chill and stylish

Response to William and Sly - Art Contest 2023-11-28 16:11:50

goofy ahh fox game

GRR <-- that's my signature

Pretty ironic how I draw cowboys even though I'm First nations ;)

BBS Signature

Response to William and Sly - Art Contest 2023-11-28 18:00:54

You're the GOAT @Graeme

II II lI

BBS Signature

Response to William and Sly - Art Contest 2023-11-28 21:18:03

I remember this Game, Nice to see it get some Love.

Response to William and Sly - Art Contest 2023-11-29 05:04:48

iu_1122325_9138774.webp

I think i did something very joyful!

I'm a portuguese comics artist and YouTuber!

Response to William and Sly - Art Contest 2023-11-29 09:46:55

i'll do my best and good luck for the others

infrawash, the person lazy but is not lazy

Woah, blast from the past. My late friend and old Flash partner loved William and Sly, we spent like a solid week talking about it back when it released. Seems like an eternity ago. How time flies. Really cool to see that you're releasing a sequel, can't wait to play it.

Edit: oops, thought OP was the developer.

(>'-')>

Response to William and Sly - Art Contest 2023-11-29 18:51:46

What a blast from the past! This is awesome.

Response to William and Sly - Art Contest 2023-11-29 19:51:40

Damn I totally forgot about you and your games! Really cool to see Newgrounds hasn't forgotten.

Response to William and Sly - Art Contest 2023-11-30 00:05:15

i joined this

BBS Signature

Response to William and Sly - Art Contest 2023-11-30 05:19:05

Here's my entry :)

Response to William and Sly - Art Contest 2023-11-30 09:44:48

I had a great time with these games back in the day, it's great to see them being preserved and re-released on Steam! Wishlisted both :D

See my news post with medal hunting links and tools. I made a program NGMedals that finds your statistics and unearned medals.

There is also a browser script.

Maintainer of the Top Medal Point Users List and API Mod - feel free to PM with any issues.

Response to William and Sly - Art Contest 2023-11-30 10:21:53

Response to William and Sly - Art Contest 2023-12-02 02:26:26

Another great contest

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to William and Sly - Art Contest 2023-12-02 10:16:18

The original William and Sly would easily make the shortlist for my all-time favorite flash game, certainly the one I've returned to the most since its release, whenever I'm in the mood for something cozy.

Tbh I'm not entirely sure about the 3D angle for this new one, but it's earned a shot for how much value the original gave me.

Response to William and Sly - Art Contest 2023-12-04 02:08:03

iu_1124852_11263000.webp

I made sly and william fanart without playing the games, Made into this joyful and scary mess of artwork

took me three days on artstudio

the collab entry for summertime in winter

BBS Signature

My Entry:

Response to William and Sly - Art Contest 2023-12-04 04:44:34

I have sent my participation! May the best win!

Response to William and Sly - Art Contest 2023-12-04 04:53:38

Response to William and Sly - Art Contest 2023-12-04 10:13:16

At 11/28/23 11:57 AM, Graeme wrote: THE FLASH CLASSICS
The hit Flash games, William and Sly (1 + 2), are coming to Steam in the form of the Classic Collection. This is a simple repackaging of these titles, that will allow for them to be played in fullscreen at 60fps! And it will be made available 100% for free! It is releasing soon, so be sure to Wishlist it so you're notified when it's available.

Are you a big William and Sly fan? Please consider joining this unofficial Discord server for the series!

WILLIAM AND SLY 3
All of which is leading up to the 3rd official entry in the series, simply titled William and Sly. This new entry is fully 3D, and is coming to Steam as a paid release in Spring 2024! Check out the trailer below, and please be sure to add this one to your Wishlist as well!

THE CONTEST

Other rules:

PRIZES:

Useful info:

Thank you for all the support shown for this series over the years! It's been really wonderful to hear from people, and their enduring memories of spending a chill afternoon running through William and Sly's serene nature vistas. We hope both of these upcoming releases can recapture that magic :)

One last time:

Good luck to everyone!:)

Response to William and Sly - Art Contest 2023-12-06 04:08:08

At 12/4/23 02:08 AM, TigerPlushiefire wrote:
I made sly and william fanart without playing the games, Made into this joyful and scary mess of artwork
took me three days on artstudio

Its cursed isn't not.

BBS Signature

Response to William and Sly - Art Contest 2023-12-06 04:20:38

At 11/28/23 11:57 AM, Graeme wrote: THE FLASH CLASSICS

WILLIAM AND SLY 3

THE CONTEST

Other rules:

PRIZES:

Useful info:

One last time:

iu_1125792_11263000.webp

Merry Christmas WIlliam. William's mom said

A baby fox? Said Williams Dad.

William gasp in awe of the fox cub just sitting looking at me with smile on his cute face.

William says its perfect gift, where did you get him from, William said to his parents.

Both parents said hes been all alone with his family left without him during winter storm so we both decided to take him back to our cabin, though your father was at first against of you owning a fox. William dad blushed by the thought saying yeah I was feeling sheepish with a fox in our house, But it will make you happy William he said.

Does he have a name William said, No Both parents said with no thought, WIlliam thought about the name of his new fox pet, I know Mom and Dad, What about i call him Sly? william said with a question Thats an pretty good fox name William said William;s Parents in agreement. I love You Sly, William said with his hearts grow bigger while hugging Sly softly. This is a disney dream came true said WIlliam cried in joy and Sly is happy that he found a family who wont abandoned him tough there humans, there close enough family he had during a winter storm

BBS Signature

Response to William and Sly - Art Contest 2023-12-07 02:04:27

I remember this game it was so beautiful

All you got to do is just believe you can be who you want to be

Sincerely, me!

Response to William and Sly - Art Contest 2023-12-07 12:59:04

omg i love that game <3 you got me hooked ^^ hits me right in the feels good luck to everyone

BBS Signature

Response to William and Sly - Art Contest 2023-12-10 06:57:15

iu_1127792_20192690.webpHello! Here's my entry for William and Sly Art Contest  williamandsly 🫶🏻🫶🏻🫶🏻 Hope y'all love it!

Response to William and Sly - Art Contest 2023-12-10 12:18:22

The contest runs until the end of the day!

11:59pm PST. Wrap up those entries while there's still time!

GAH!

BBS Signature