00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Hellpix just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

My friend wants me to upload HIS song

261 Views | 4 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

So I know uploading songs that aren't your own is against the newgrounds guidelines, but this situation is different: My friend made a song for this website, but he realized he's not whitelisted, so he left me a DM on discord asking ME to upload it to MY account.

This wasn't me asking to upload their song, this is them coming to me and asking me to do them a favor. Am I violating the guidelines if I not only have permission from them, but are actively encouraged to? I want to make sure I have the thumbs up before I upload it, which my likely guess is that it probably won't happen.

They made the song by the way, so keep that in mind.

Even if he's asking you to upload the song for him, it's not inline with the Audio Portal Guidelines that you upload a work that's not yours. You can't neither upload it claiming it was a collab, as you're evidently saying HE DID the song.

Also, whitelist? the only whitelist I know in Newgrounds is for uploading songs to GD. There's no such thing as a whitelist for uploading music to the Audio Portal.

We can ask to a mod like @pingu in case there's any possibility to let this pass, but I can already assure you that's not gonna work, so better tell your pal to upload the song himself

Being 100% alive means taking a 50% of actions and having a 50% of perspective

BBS Signature

Response to My friend wants me to upload HIS song 2023-11-28 20:13:59

At 11/28/23 09:19 AM, TheSweaterCinderace wrote: So I know uploading songs that aren't your own is against the newgrounds guidelines

You have your answer.

Flag stolen content, don't be a dingus.

BBS Signature

Response to My friend wants me to upload HIS song 2023-11-30 09:28:25

At 11/28/23 08:13 PM, Pingu wrote:
At 11/28/23 09:19 AM, TheSweaterCinderace wrote: So I know uploading songs that aren't your own is against the newgrounds guidelines
You have your answer.

Damn, worth a shot. How sad

Response to My friend wants me to upload HIS song 2023-11-30 16:35:39

At 11/30/23 09:28 AM, TheSweaterCinderace wrote:
At 11/28/23 08:13 PM, Pingu wrote:
You have your answer.
Damn, worth a shot. How sad

I mean, it's very easy to create a NG account. Just tell him to do. Takes like 2 minutes. If it's something he's worked hard on and is proud of, I think it would be worth his while. But it's completely up to him.

My Music

Sound Cloud

Always open for collab and VA work! PM me anytime