00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

officialkingcrab0 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

CatNine's Work

182 Views | 10 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

CatNine's Work 2023-11-28 08:34:13

Hi! This is where I am going to post any artwork that I feel like showing. I've been drawing as far back as I can remember, it's always been a part of me. While I might not be as good as some, I am always trying and open to critique and suggestions.

I have a speculative evolution project called Planet Cat Sanctuary and most of my works will be from this project, but I have quite a few works that are not from that project too, so you might see some of those as well.

Today, I'll start with one of the first pictures I ever drew when I first got a tablet and installed Krita, so it's a bit of an old one, but I still use it as my project's cover:

iu_1121821_20077632.webp

Response to CatNine's Work 2023-11-28 10:25:15

Since I'm the first one replying to this thread, let me start by saying: welcome to Newgrounds!

I really like the piece you posted. The dome in the background looks very good - nice smooth lines and sleek design. The perspective could be a bit better, but since you mentioned that this is an old illustration I'm just going to assume you've improved in the meantime. The rendering on the sky and vegetation is also great in my book. Lastly, the cats look pretty darn good, realistic with a slight cartoon vibe.

Speculative evolution is always a "yes" for me, so I'd be interested in seeing more of your work. Hope you have a great time here and good luck with your project!

Thinking back, off in the distance, the future shone everywhere we looked

Underneath the beautiful blue sky

We were just a little bit afraid

BBS Signature

Response to CatNine's Work 2023-11-28 10:32:23

At 11/28/23 10:25 AM, vlsrb wrote: Since I'm the first one replying to this thread, let me start by saying: welcome to Newgrounds!

I really like the piece you posted. The dome in the background looks very good - nice smooth lines and sleek design. The perspective could be a bit better, but since you mentioned that this is an old illustration I'm just going to assume you've improved in the meantime. The rendering on the sky and vegetation is also great in my book. Lastly, the cats look pretty darn good, realistic with a slight cartoon vibe.

Speculative evolution is always a "yes" for me, so I'd be interested in seeing more of your work. Hope you have a great time here and good luck with your project!

Thanks for the feedback and the welcome!

Yeah, I can see some of the errors in the perspective on the dome especially, you're right there. It's something that I may sometimes struggle with, like I sometimes miss them or don't notice so it's helpful to have them pointed out. It's something I'll keep in mind if I ever redo this painting from scratch (which I've considered).

I'll be sure to post more with some descriptions, maybe once a day or so.

Response to CatNine's Work 2023-11-29 14:57:50

Today's post is going to be another older one, not quite as old as I think I'd had my tablet for a while by this point.

iu_1122525_20077632.webp

Another part of the Planet Cat Sanctuary story, when the cats were exposed to the new planet's soil for the first time. The calico is curious but has never touched dirt, so is pawing it to test it.

That calico became my avatar on a lot of sites.

Response to CatNine's Work 2023-11-30 11:45:05

Since I've figured out I can still post artworks on the site under the undiscovered artists section I'll from now on only post things here that I wouldn't post on the art portal. So, that might be sketches or any one-off works that aren't part of anything.

So, I'll share a couple of older creature designs I've done.

iu_1122953_20077632.webp

iu_1122954_20077632.webp

Response to CatNine's Work 2023-12-01 17:04:10

I've uploaded a second project on this site:

And a couple of little bonus drawings from a while back, creature designs that I may or may not use in some later bigger project like a game maybe:

iu_1123637_20077632.webp

iu_1123638_20077632.webp

Response to CatNine's Work 2023-12-02 02:31:03

You do some amazing work love the creature designs

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to CatNine's Work 2023-12-02 10:01:52

At 11/28/23 08:34 AM, CatNine wrote: Hi! This is where I am going to post any artwork that I feel like showing. I've been drawing as far back as I can remember, it's always been a part of me. While I might not be as good as some, I am always trying and open to critique and suggestions.

I have a speculative evolution project called Planet Cat Sanctuary and most of my works will be from this project, but I have quite a few works that are not from that project too, so you might see some of those as well.

Today, I'll start with one of the first pictures I ever drew when I first got a tablet and installed Krita, so it's a bit of an old one, but I still use it as my project's cover:

Really like the illustration of those kittens. Makes me want to print this and put it on my wall. You don't mind?

Response to CatNine's Work 2023-12-02 10:34:18

Nice art, keep up the good work!

A member of Thumbnail Crew!, you should help as well!

AKA fe3l1ngsk1lled and Skilled!

BBS Signature

Response to CatNine's Work 2023-12-02 16:07:50

At 12/2/23 10:01 AM, MMFan2004 wrote:
At 11/28/23 08:34 AM, CatNine wrote: Hi! This is where I am going to post any artwork that I feel like showing. I've been drawing as far back as I can remember, it's always been a part of me. While I might not be as good as some, I am always trying and open to critique and suggestions.

Really like the illustration of those kittens. Makes me want to print this and put it on my wall. You don't mind?

Thanks for the compliment! I don't mind. If anyone asks about it please let them know about the Planet Cat Sanctuary project.

Response to CatNine's Work 2023-12-03 14:39:56

Thanks for the supportive comments all!

Newest art submission:

Also a couple more recent creature designs (that I have been using in a Godot project, trying to make a creature battler RPG, but where you play as the creatures as a consenting party, no capturing or enslavement).

iu_1124576_20077632.webp

iu_1124577_20077632.png