00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Model124 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

SWA1 Comic Script Writing Contest

261 Views | 5 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Anyone else entering this? The rules are little weird, don't real know why but they just reek of lawyer jargon that's meant to screw you over. I still want to enter to hone my script writing skills and get a chance of getting that sweet sweet $2,000 prize ($o$) and the chance of getting serialized, though probably unlikely also seems sick

I wanted to make this thread so that people can share their work and hopefully get feedback and to cheer on the future NG winner! It could be you, it could be me, it could even be...!!! *head gets blown off*

a link to the contest: https://www.manga-audition.com/swa1-1st-chapter/

BBS Signature

Response to SWA1 Comic Script Writing Contest 2023-11-28 02:13:18

Wow, thanks for posting about this. Might as well try brew something...

"Please don't tap on the glass. Penguins can see and hear you alright. They just don't care."

Response to SWA1 Comic Script Writing Contest 2023-11-28 06:29:04

At 11/28/23 02:13 AM, Remi-le-Oduen wrote: Wow, thanks for posting about this. Might as well try brew something...

Go for it! I'd be willing to read it when you're done.

BBS Signature

Response to SWA1 Comic Script Writing Contest 2023-11-28 07:03:05

At 11/27/23 08:30 PM, forkes176 wrote: Anyone else entering this? The rules are little weird, don't real know why but they just reek of lawyer jargon that's meant to screw you over. I still want to enter to hone my script writing skills and get a chance of getting that sweet sweet $2,000 prize ($o$) and the chance of getting serialized, though probably unlikely also seems sick

I wanted to make this thread so that people can share their work and hopefully get feedback and to cheer on the future NG winner! It could be you, it could be me, it could even be...!!! *head gets blown off*

a link to the contest: https://www.manga-audition.com/swa1-1st-chapter/

Also by "rules", I meant terms. For some reason I can't edit my post,

BBS Signature

Response to SWA1 Comic Script Writing Contest 2023-11-28 17:09:42

Thanks for posting this. I'm thinking of writing something for this, but I understand what you mean with the terms.

it almost sounds like if you submit you're giving them free ideas they can steal, but maybe I'm wrong on that. I am not a lawyer.

Response to SWA1 Comic Script Writing Contest 2023-11-29 23:54:20

I think that's the way most of the big studios work when they make contests. The terms mention that if you've won and get the prize - whoops, the rights aren't yours anymore, like, the prize becomes your payment for those rights. If you don't win but someone still wants to do something with your ideas, the deal will be discussed separately.

"Please don't tap on the glass. Penguins can see and hear you alright. They just don't care."