00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Doughboybr just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

List Your Favorite Art Trends!!!

114 Views | 5 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

List Your Favorite Art Trends!!! 2023-11-25 20:14:53

Hey!!! I need help compiling a list of Art Trends that have been going on, past and present list an Art Trend you really liked to draw for and that you'd wished would come back! List a recent one you really enjoyed! NSFW, SFW, or anything inbetween, I just want a nice list that we can all turn to for some inspiration if one day we want to draw a some neat old trend.

To put my hat in the ring, this isn't something that's my fav, but I really liked that Rainbow Wheel Art Trend that was popular a few months ago. Here's the wheel if you wanted to do it yourself!iu_1120372_16855854.webp

Response to List Your Favorite Art Trends!!! 2023-11-26 02:40:04

Since I do not use Tiktok nor really visit Instagram timly manner either, then I have never seen any of those newer trends in socials itself and not sure how trendy anything is.

But I have seen people outside the trend-wave do the colour wheel one for fun and most works related to that seemed to be nice - especially seeing artists comments and how they enjoyed using the colour as prompt or guide. The few I did saw in Instagram done during the trend-algo-surf were not as good. But forums here, someone posting their works off-season been solid.

Only cross platform art-trend I know of is inktober and I like it and always take part of.

Then I have heard of Blender's NODE-vember, this is crazy envy source for me. How people make all those cool things within week.

I am not fan of those mermays and others since those feel often as some group of people try to bait free art from other artists.

Response to List Your Favorite Art Trends!!! 2023-11-26 17:40:31

I really liked the short trend of people drawing either their persona or a popular character in the family guy style and have Peter react to them

iu_1121023_8710555.jpg

Join the Death Note Collab!!!...If you wanna...○ × ○

BBS Signature

Response to List Your Favorite Art Trends!!! 2023-11-26 17:47:01

At 11/26/23 05:40 PM, VanVeleca wrote: I really liked the short trend of people drawing either their persona or a popular character in the family guy style and have Peter react to them

OH YEAH THAT WAS SUPER FUNNY! Even more topical too since RubberRoss was the one that did that, and he was one of ye olde Newgrounds guys.

Response to List Your Favorite Art Trends!!! 2023-11-27 00:14:22

I’ve always adored the Instagram reels or TikTok’s of the “make a [insert theme] oc” especially the monster/weirdcore ones. Me personally id do the thing then tweak the output design to fit more my liking, type shit

"I'm just gonna put my foot on the floor and I'm not lifting till I see God or a checkered flag"

BBS Signature

Response to List Your Favorite Art Trends!!! 2023-11-28 06:24:12

At 11/27/23 12:14 AM, StuntPlayZYT wrote: I’ve always adored the Instagram reels or TikTok’s of the “make a [insert theme] oc” especially the monster/weirdcore ones. Me personally id do the thing then tweak the output design to fit more my liking, type shit

Love it!!!