00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Gamehybrid just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

AIM 2023 CD Updates

568 Views | 4 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

AIM 2023 CD Updates 2023-11-25 17:59:40

Hey all who are expecting to receive or are interested in the Art-Inspired Music Contest 2023 CDs! This thread is to let you know that we are finally moving forward with the production of the CD prizes! Here's a more detailed recap of what's been going on:

The past months after AIM 2023 were spent sending DMs out to all the winning composers to get a WAV file and short written description of their tracks, the latter of which would be included in a booklet as part of the CD packaging. We also wanted to include the art inspirations from the winning tracks, so I had also reached out to all the artists that fit this criteria for permission to include their art.

At this point, we now have all the WAVs and writing from the composers, which is great. As for the artists, I received permission from everyone I reached out to except for two people, who never replied at all. The plan was originally to not include art if we didn't get permission from everyone, but upon discussing this with Turtle Pals Tapes, we decided that it was still doable to include the art minus the two artists who never responded.

Here's what to expect next:

1. I've sent the WAVs, art and all the written info to Turtle Pals Tapes, who will start preparing for the manufacturing process.
  2. I will review a digital proof of the album booklet. No specific timeline is given on this, but the estimated timeline for this is probably within the next month.
  3. The CDs will get manufactured, then sent to Turtle Pals Tapes. Once they receive the CDs, we'll start sending DMs to composers for shipping addresses to get them sent to you. The timeline for this is longer - about 2-3 months from now as the manufacture shuts down during the month of December - plus the shipping time which varies heavily depending on where you live in relation to the USA.
  4. Once the CDs are ready to ship, they will also go on sale for everyone else at TurtlePalsTapes.com. Money from these sales goes to covering shipping costs for sending the composers the CDs. Any additional profits will be given to Newgrounds directly.

To both artists and composers: By default, you will be credited by your Newgrounds.com username, unless you stated otherwise. If you still wish to be credited differently alongside your Newgrounds username, please send me a DM ASAP so we can have it revised in proofs. 

I'll be using this thread from now on for future updates related to the CD prize. Feel free to ask any questions in here or, if you're part of the NG Audio Pub Discord server, send a message in the #aim-general channel. I most likely won't make another update post here until I receive the digital proofs.

To ensure everyone whose work is involved with the production of the CD sees this thread, I've included their pings below. To avoid pinging everyone if you want to respond, please DO NOT reply to this thread and instead use the "Respond to this Topic" button in the top-right corner.

@Everratic @JazzDew @LordAndiso @PredatorMusic @TeffyD @PythonBlue @NahuPyrope @WakerLink @veryfakeguest @littlbox @ALGOfficial @Codefreq @arbelamram @ForgottenDawn @LucidShadowDreamer @Ryzmik @CrossCarrasco @NASHqp @LD-W

@themefinland @Seath-Lorkencrain @Grizzace @Bagplants @HappytoDraw @Splootulu @ErrorCell @Ztoons @A2Des @PostmodernOuroboros @Flooko @idontknowcorp @ericinprogress @SketchMeNot @Dethaners @Daker777NG @foxglovefaun

Response to AIM 2023 CD Updates 2024-01-08 22:20:40

Hi everyone, I wanted to give another update in regards to the status of the CD. Right now, we are working on getting the cover art put together for printing. There was a misunderstanding I had in regards to what was needed for the art, but I have understood what is required to get everything put together.

From my understanding, once the cover, inside cover and backside are put together, I'll be able to check over the full cover art as a mockup and then the production of the CDs can start.

Right now, we are figuring out the design for the inside cover art (inside front and inside back), as well as a back cover in which the track list will be printed on.

I'll make another post once I have more information.

Response to AIM 2023 CD Updates 2024-02-05 21:39:06

Hi everyone, we've finished putting together the CD booklet and the CDs are ready to go into production! Here's a small preview of what the inside of the booklet looks like, along with a preview of the disc itself. Please note that due to the limited space, any paragraphs in the composer descriptions provided were merged into one. Additionally, some art may not be present in the booklet due to the artists not giving permission to include their work.

iu_1158233_4990163.webp

iu_1158232_4990163.webp

Once ordered, the CDs should take about a week to manufacture. The order to produce them should be placed either tonight or tomorrow. Once we get the CDs, we'll start sending out DMs for shipping addresses. I'll make another post once this happens and ping the winners once this is ready.

Thanks again for your patience. We're getting closer!

Response to AIM 2023 CD Updates 2024-02-27 21:29:30

Hi everyone, the CDs are now in production and will be ready to ship to the winners soon! Since TurtlePalsTapes will be handling the shipping, there is a Google form they would like the recipients to fill out. I'll be sending DMs to all the people mentioned below with a link and further instructions.

@Everratic @JazzDew @LordAndiso @PredatorMusic @TeffyD @PythonBlue @NahuPyrope @veryfakeguest @littlbox @ALGOfficial @Codefreq @arbelamram @ForgottenDawn @LucidShadowDreamer @Ryzmik @CrossCarrasco @NASHqp @LD-W

Extra CDs for everyone else will come at a later date, to be announced in this thread.

Response to AIM 2023 CD Updates 2024-02-28 21:23:23

I just got word that the CDs have finished manufacturing and are on their way to TurtlePalsTapes now!