00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

DegasTyson54 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

What is your favorite dead franchise?

1,134 Views | 61 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Game series that have not had any updates in the past like, 10 years or so

Maybe a few ports or mentions by the people who own the IP, but no new games or merchandise

NEANIGHT DEMO

BBS Signature

Response to What is your favorite dead franchise? 2023-11-25 07:43:29

Legacy of Kain and Prince of Persia

why did they just stop making those

BBS Signature

Response to What is your favorite dead franchise? 2023-11-25 08:48:32

Spore

Take it with a grain of salt, I am slower than a snail.

BBS Signature

Response to What is your favorite dead franchise? 2023-11-25 14:06:06

Definitely Thief, I'm missing those immersive sims, with complex level design with a lots of secrets, very clever AI, fun and challenging missions and overall gloomy atmosphere

Response to What is your favorite dead franchise? 2023-11-25 19:06:03

ni no kuni 😔even the fandom is a bit dead too

Response to What is your favorite dead franchise? 2023-11-25 19:10:51

Dead rising.

Still thinking about what could have been

Response to What is your favorite dead franchise? 2023-11-25 20:26:20

I could add a ton, but, i'll stick to four.

NiGHTS

Idk, NiGHTS haves a TON of potential. Would be cool to finally see it back.

Banjo-Kazooie and Conker

And it's a shame that RareWare doesn't want to do anything to do with his own old IPs (Except Perfect Dark and Battletoads, a little bit), you know, there's things that could happen.

Earthworm Jim

PLEASE SOMEBODY SAVE HIM FROM INTERPLAY, DOUG, TOMMY TALLARICO AND NFTS. PLEASE-

Cool, wild and Groovy beat.

BBS Signature

Response to What is your favorite dead franchise? 2023-11-25 20:42:10

At 11/25/23 08:26 PM, BlueKnightSkeleton wrote: I could add a ton, but, i'll stick to four.

NiGHTS
Idk, NiGHTS haves a TON of potential. Would be cool to finally see it back.

Banjo-Kazooie and Conker
And it's a shame that RareWare doesn't want to do anything to do with his own old IPs (Except Perfect Dark and Battletoads, a little bit), you know, there's things that could happen.

Earthworm Jim
PLEASE SOMEBODY SAVE HIM FROM INTERPLAY, DOUG, TOMMY TALLARICO AND NFTS. PLEASE-

THEY MADE EARTHWORM JIM NFTs?????????????

NEANIGHT DEMO

BBS Signature

Response to What is your favorite dead franchise? 2023-11-25 20:48:36

Oh wait I forgot to mention my own-

Princess Maker

I love stat raising based simulation games and life sims, especially with cute graphics and even cuter girls

While Princess Maker technically does still get acknowledged with a MMO (exclusive to asia only tho) that lasted until 2022, there hasn't been a new mainline entry since 2007

There are a few games highly inspired by it such as Volcano Princess, Cute Bite, Lullaby Days, Ciel Fledge, etc. I really wish the PM series will get an official revival in my lifetime...and hopefully not suck.

NEANIGHT DEMO

BBS Signature

Response to What is your favorite dead franchise? 2023-11-25 22:23:12

I love Descent, and it is never getting another game again.

Response to What is your favorite dead franchise? 2023-11-25 22:27:57

THEY MADE EARTHWORM JIM NFTs?????????????

Yeah, to promote the Beyond the Groovy series. It failed, and probably that reboot series is canned now. Shame.

Cool, wild and Groovy beat.

BBS Signature

Response to What is your favorite dead franchise? 2023-11-26 12:41:00

Rayman

No, Mario + Rabbids DLC and captain's laserhawk appearances don't count as revival at all

Being 100% alive means taking a 50% of actions and having a 50% of perspective

BBS Signature

Response to What is your favorite dead franchise? 2023-11-26 17:06:36

At 11/25/23 08:48 AM, Drazah wrote: Spore

Yeah, I’m gonna have to go with Spore as well. Especially the DS version, I have lots of good memories playing that one.

Wacky characters and groovy patterns

BBS Signature

Response to What is your favorite dead franchise? 2023-11-26 17:13:30

Oh, just remembered the Mother series as well! The first two games were ported to Switch, but other than that the series hasn’t been updated since 2003 I think. It has a fairly large dedicated fanbase though, which makes it better.

Wacky characters and groovy patterns

BBS Signature

Response to What is your favorite dead franchise? 2023-11-26 23:33:17

Punch Out and Rayman.

Punch Out hasn't gotten a new game since Punch Out Wii. I really hope they could at least make an HD port of that game because it's one of the best Wii games and it's simply just really fun. New game doesn't seem possible but I would obviously love to see a sequal to Punch Out Wii.

Rayman hasn't gotten a new game since Rayman Legends but at least Ubisoft is doing something with him. I love the Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope DLC but that doesn't count as a new game. It's sad that the Ubiart engine is only used for a few mobile games after Rayman Legends.

Look at him spin

BBS Signature

Response to What is your favorite dead franchise? 2023-11-26 23:35:58

At 11/25/23 06:55 PM, Goofball-Nebula wrote: Banjo Kazooie

Very fun and innovative platformer series, too bad Microsoft doesn't seem to give two shits about it

It's sad that after Microsoft bought Rare they only made Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts and that's it. Would have been awesome to see more Rare characters to be revived. No new Conker game except a more censored remake.

Look at him spin

BBS Signature

Response to What is your favorite dead franchise? 2023-11-27 14:28:35

hmmm I’m thinking this iu_1121497_14495358.png

uhhhhhh........

Response to What is your favorite dead franchise? 2023-11-27 18:47:09

God Hand, No more heroes (just kidding I hope theres a sequel but idk...). Boy am I glad I don't have to write Dragons dogma in this thread now lol

Everyone is an artist, if you've ever made art, you're an artist! :D

check out my comic here! or my silly joke one here!

BBS Signature

Response to What is your favorite dead franchise? 2023-11-27 19:13:23

At 11/26/23 12:41 PM, EmsDeLaRoZ wrote: Rayman

No, Mario + Rabbids DLC and captain's laserhawk appearances don't count as revival at all

For real. wheres a game like the great escape. Imagine...

Everyone is an artist, if you've ever made art, you're an artist! :D

check out my comic here! or my silly joke one here!

BBS Signature

Jak and Daxter

The perfect mix of goofiness and edginess while still being able to take itself seriously when it needs to

And the gameplay slaps

Response to What is your favorite dead franchise? 2023-11-28 13:31:47

At 11/25/23 07:13 AM, VanVeleca wrote: Game series that have not had any updates in the past like, 10 years or so
Maybe a few ports or mentions by the people who own the IP, but no new games or merchandise

Animusic.

T H E 1 9 9 0 ' S

BBS Signature

Response to What is your favorite dead franchise? 2023-11-28 14:08:21

Daytona USA and Burnout

"I'm just gonna put my foot on the floor and I'm not lifting till I see God or a checkered flag"

BBS Signature

I would say Star Fox, F-zero, Rayman and Mother xp

Also I want to see new stuff from Brackenwood and would say even if its not dead at all, Sublo and Tangy Mustard ☝🤓

BBS Signature

Response to What is your favorite dead franchise? 2023-11-28 16:10:17

Oh man, I feel like they recently revived all my favorite dead franchises... Even though, I am not sure a barebones port is what I'd call a revival but like... I would've said Castlevania or Mega man Battle network until relatively recently

Time isn't linear, just look at it as a tree.

Response to What is your favorite dead franchise? 2023-11-28 21:24:40

I love Ni No Kuni!!! It's a shame you don't see much for it nowadays. Heard the movie was pretty good tho!

Response to What is your favorite dead franchise? 2023-11-29 12:19:11

Ape Escape. Just Ape Escape. Awesome series but it’s been dormant for so long.

They’ll have a small cameo in other games but I think it’s been all but stated that they have no intention on having the apes escape again. Wounded.

Additionally, Dead Rising was awesome. Real shame that they stopped after the third game. There could have been a fourth game, maybe taking place around Christmas with an old and traumatized Frank West who’s really throwing out those Marvel quips unprompted. Hm, nah. Sounds terrible.

Quirky!

Response to What is your favorite dead franchise? 2023-11-29 13:39:06

It's already been said here, but the Earthbound/Mother series. I'm fine with it being dead, Itoi doesn't want to make any more and that's fine, 3 wasn't as good as 2 anyway and really Earthbound was the pinnacle of the series.

The fan community for said series is enormous though. Like mad big on makin' fan games, so if you want more Mother, there is more Mother- it's just all fan made stuff.

Response to What is your favorite dead franchise? 2023-11-29 13:45:58

Geometry Dash.

Response to What is your favorite dead franchise? 2023-11-29 16:08:00

Splatterhouse, Jade Cocoon, Project X Zone definitely come to mind

Response to What is your favorite dead franchise? 2023-11-29 17:47:12

Ridge Racer

BBS Signature