00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

tunedMedic just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

I've been getting used to drawing with a mouse

172 Views | 12 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

I've just been using a Chromebook touchpad to do digital art but I've made 2 art pieces with a mouse and I think I'm getting the hang of it. Shading drawings is easier now too

Froggo is always watching.

I'm going to shit your pants

[Pronouns are they/them btw]

BBS Signature

Fun fact: I went like five or seven years drawing with a mouse too (and began pretty good at it tho). But then they gifted me a graphic tablet, and once I learned to use it, I decided it was time to jubilate the mouse

Being 100% alive means taking a 50% of actions and having a 50% of perspective

BBS Signature

Response to I've been getting used to drawing with a mouse 2023-11-24 21:55:55

A Chromebook and a trackpad? Damn, I'd lose my mind trying to do anything with that combo. My hats off to you. Hope you're enjoying that mouse.

Response to I've been getting used to drawing with a mouse 2023-11-24 22:13:11

At 11/24/23 09:55 PM, sum41fan02 wrote: A Chromebook and a trackpad? Damn, I'd lose my mind trying to do anything with that combo. My hats off to you. Hope you're enjoying that mouse.

Not a touchpad like what you draw with. I mean like the touchpad of a laptop. One fatal flaw Chromebooks have are very glitchy touchpads. So when I'd try to make a line, it would jerk in a different direction and mess up the line, or it would be unresponsive and not move in the direction I wanted at all. I use this Chromebook currently but I plan on getting a PC for Christmas to go along with the desk my mom is ordering on saturday.

iu_1119691_8655364.webp

BBS Signature

Response to I've been getting used to drawing with a mouse 2023-11-24 22:25:28

At 11/24/23 09:55 PM, sum41fan02 wrote: A Chromebook and a trackpad? Damn, I'd lose my mind trying to do anything with that combo. My hats off to you. Hope you're enjoying that mouse.

wait a minute did you mean trackpad like touchpad on a computer? I thought you meant one of these lol

iu_1119695_8655364.webp

BBS Signature

Response to I've been getting used to drawing with a mouse 2023-11-24 23:44:44

I used to draw with a mouse. When I upgraded that to drawing surface display, I actually missed the sloppy style I had with mouse and to this day I feel that something in my works is a miss ever since.

Response to I've been getting used to drawing with a mouse 2023-11-25 15:47:12

i have been 8 years drawing everything with a mouse

welcome to the computer mouse gang.

I may not be the brightest in the box full of light-bulbs, but that doesn't mean I can't light the way in this dark world.

(you can call me wilson or mawi if you want, I'm also the one who made skibidi club.)

TOYHOUSEYOUTUBETUMBLRREDDIT

BBS Signature

Response to I've been getting used to drawing with a mouse 2023-11-26 10:22:04

Yeah, I was referring to the little built in unit behind the keyboard. They're called trackpads, right? I'm pretty sure they call the big plug in ones drawing pads... or something like that. I didn't expect you to have a drawing pad if you didn't have something as simple as a mouse. That's like a fork and knife without the steak, or the gasoline, but no car. I don't think there's a single sane man in the world who runs a drawing pad without already having something as basic as a mouse.

Response to I've been getting used to drawing with a mouse 2023-11-26 13:18:22

At 11/26/23 10:22 AM, sum41fan02 wrote: Yeah, I was referring to the little built in unit behind the keyboard. They're called trackpads, right? I'm pretty sure they call the big plug in ones drawing pads... or something like that. I didn't expect you to have a drawing pad if you didn't have something as simple as a mouse. That's like a fork and knife without the steak, or the gasoline, but no car. I don't think there's a single sane man in the world who runs a drawing pad without already having something as basic as a mouse.

I think I got confused because when I searched up trackpad on google to make sure, I got the plug in trackpads for on the go stuff and mistook it for one of those drawing tablets without the screen that you connect to a computer to draw with.

Because this is the trackpad I found,

iu_1120810_8655364.jpg

And this is what I thought it looked like.

iu_1120811_8655364.jpg

BBS Signature

Response to I've been getting used to drawing with a mouse 2023-11-26 13:33:46

I'm great at drawing with a mouse, can't you tell?

iu_1120832_7387892.png

Ayo, my name is Dorfde. I do things on the internet.

BBS Signature

Response to I've been getting used to drawing with a mouse 2023-11-26 15:25:33

At 11/24/23 10:25 PM, PudgieDaFrog wrote:
wait a minute did you mean trackpad like touchpad on a computer? I thought you meant one of these lol

whadaya know, I use one of these for drawing

iu_1120920_10186085.png

Being 100% alive means taking a 50% of actions and having a 50% of perspective

BBS Signature

Response to I've been getting used to drawing with a mouse 2023-11-26 15:38:48

As a former mouse-user, my condolences. I highly recommend upgrading to a tablet asap, the drawing experience is like night and day! But don't be discouraged if you can't upgrade atm, coming from my experience I can say its definitely possible to create tablet-level art with a mouse, so keep at it!

Flexing my old mouse art for inspiration :)

iu_1120928_17487051.jpg

iu_1120929_17487051.webp