00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ragdollchewy just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Emerald 4-CE's 1st 3D Model Progress Thread

152 Views | 7 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

So the purpose of this thread is to document my progress to keep mento actually seeing this project through and also get advice and help from other 3D animators, modelers, and VR creators here!

Alright lets get to an intro:

I'm Emerald 4-CE (pronounced Force) and I'm an artist, musician, and streamer among other things.

I stream with a vtuber avatar and recently have been getting into VR and the capabilities of it for video work since I don't really have the space or money to film the kinds of videos and stuff I'd like to. That being said I recently tried out full body tracking technology for the first time and am in LOVE so I'm determined to make my own 3D model to use with it.

That being said, I'm gonna start small and my first model I'm gonna make is gonna be a chibi! Okay I think that's enough yapping now to what I got so far.

This is my sona that I'm gonna be turning into a chibi

iu_1119401_19768713.webp

And I'm gonna be drawing inspiration from Blue Archive models cuz I really like the stylization of the them and how they move whenever I come across them (I don't play the game).

iu_1119402_19768713.jpg

Currently I'm at the stage where I'm making the reference sheet/turnaround.

iu_1119405_19768713.webp

(1/3 views done)

I want the jacket to be removable so I think I should make it a separate layer so I know what the model will look like without it?

Response to Emerald 4-CE's 1st 3D Model Progress Thread 2023-11-24 15:37:28

Heyo fellow 3D noob here! Good luck on your journey :D

Response to Emerald 4-CE's 1st 3D Model Progress Thread 2023-11-24 15:45:56

Nice work.

A member of Thumbnail Crew!, you should help as well!

AKA fe3l1ngsk1lled and Skilled!

BBS Signature

Thanks to the few of you who replied with support!

New update! I finished the model sheet. I made sure to put the base and whatnot on a separate layer for new outfits and what not!

iu_1122941_19768713.webp

I had issues with the profile keeping it inline but I figured out if I just use half of the front view it makes way better guidlines than just the lines

iu_1122942_19768713.webp

Response to Emerald 4-CE's 1st 3D Model Progress Thread 2023-11-30 17:03:17

At 11/30/23 10:46 AM, Emerald4-CE wrote: Thanks to the few of you who replied with support!

New update! I finished the model sheet. I made sure to put the base and whatnot on a separate layer for new outfits and what not!

I had issues with the profile keeping it inline but I figured out if I just use half of the front view it makes way better guidlines than just the lines

I wish I made references half as clean as this, lining up the side/front really does make a huge difference. Waiting to see a great finished product now.

Adding a line on the side profile that completes the silhouette between the legs without the legs obstructing the view is helpful, that hip/pelvis/groin line is possibly the most annoying topography on a model.

Response to Emerald 4-CE's 1st 3D Model Progress Thread 2024-02-26 14:40:07

Hello! I know it's been 100 years. I did infact almost give up on the project it felt way above my skill level. Tutorials kind of threw me in the deep end. So I lost interest, BUT I'M BACK!

Seeing my friend Toraccel's (check her out on twitch & twitter) model in action got me off my ass to get back to trying.

(Here's her model)

iu_1167624_19768713.webp

I also got help from my friend who does modeling and now I'm back!

Response to Emerald 4-CE's 1st 3D Model Progress Thread 2024-02-26 14:47:16

Alright so I had initially started with the head but the method wasn't methoding and I was told I was using too many polygons iu_1167633_19768713.webp

So I decided to put it on the back burner. Taking my friend's direction and help I started the body and used the cube as my starter instead of a plane. I feared the cube but infact it was my bestie all along.

iu_1167632_19768713.webp

More updates soon once ai figure out how to do more roundness and get on to the head!