00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

s4kuna just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

FireAngel's Music Thread!

131 Views | 0 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Welcome! My name's Angel and I've been learning music for 5 years now!

When starting out I first would just mess around wildly with GarageBand on my iPhone but with no idea of what scales were, or what any music terms/methods were really lol.

Nowadays I use FL Studio for all my music work.

It wasn't until roughly 2 years ago that I decided to calm myself and take time to learn more in depth how to make music. So would do many things such as: looking up random YT tutorials that would give their own forms of advice, Music Theory Basics, and even would listen to my favorite songs repeatedly to try and understand what's actually going on in the music so I can understand the process!

My personal advice for when making music though: for the love of god, learn what scales are first cuz they help you SO much. Especially the major and minor scales as you'd likely be working with those the most. Also learn how to make good rhythm, it's SUPER important that your song has a rhythm to it otherwise it'll sound all over the place. But so long as you have rhythm and know your scales, you can at least make decent short songs.

The songs I have uploaded onto my profile so far are for a fun little project I've been making with RPG Maker MV; the project itself is nothing special since I can't afford a full dev team for custom assets, much better javascript, etc. But I'm good at working with the engine so can do what I need to do; just wanna tell a story for the most part lol

The Greater Threat - This song is a personal favorite composition of mine. I was experimenting with electronic instruments, and ended up creating a very nice melody that I thought was too good to simply leave as "practice" so turned it into a full song!

Breezy Battle - This song is the first battle theme you'd ever hear in my project. I had a lot of fun working with the accordions and acoustic guitars in this one

Lone Sailor - Could be posting battle themes here for days, but how about a more somber song instead? This one was made whilst thinking of the story of one character in my project; and was also the result of me creating two completely different songs with the same set of instruments so decided to complete both!

Warrior of the Sea - The battle variation of Lone Sailor! It's also that "second song" I mentioned making with a similar set of instruments. Now I did add more instruments to Warrior of the Sea cuz ya gotta give it a battle feel somehow lol.

Whimsical Forest - I was having a lot of fun experimenting with the piano in this one and whilst trying to make a calm song! This song is only two instruments as well; violin and piano. Sometimes less is more, you know?

Not sure if I'll remember to add on to this thread with more songs, but I'll at the very least come back every now and then to extend this list as I make more songs! Or until I hit the character limit lmao