00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

decafpanda just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

What to upload on Newgrounds

160 Views | 6 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

What to upload on Newgrounds 2023-11-07 12:16:42

Hey! This is my first time posting on here so there might be many things I'm oblivious about so if I'm in any way wrong please I ask you to correct me!

I've finally came around to post the tracks I've made in the past year on here, with some hiccups due to having previously posted them using an online distributor and not being scouted yet, but now they've all been published so I'm happy.

but I wondered, would it be better for me to post everything I made/will make? everything as in unfinished projects, scrapped songs, songs I felt weren't too good to put on spotify, etc...

of course, with time, my standards for what I consider a "decent song" have changed and will continue to do so, so my question was more about how does the community or the site reacts when someone posts a lot of stuff, even unpolished or unfinished song? would it be annoying? is it fine? is it encouraged?

maybe I'm just overthinking this... would like to know you guys opinion about it!

hope to stay here for the long run

~♪~♪~♪~

BBS Signature

It kinda depends on your own preferences, but people on NG don't really like the unpolished/unfinished songs that sound like demos and their score would be much lower.

BBS Signature

Response to What to upload on Newgrounds 2023-11-08 10:48:37

While audio portal is apparently aimed toward finished/polished polish? songs, you can always post your experiments on soundcloud, and link them in your newsposts, or your personal thread here i think :)

Salut!

I create 3D art here, and you can listen to my album there! Comments/Feedback appreciated.

Merci!

BBS Signature

Response to What to upload on Newgrounds 2023-11-08 15:00:18

At 11/8/23 10:48 AM, Daru925 wrote: While audio portal is apparently aimed toward finished/polished polish? songs, you can always post your experiments on soundcloud, and link them in your newsposts, or your personal thread here i think :)

I see, I don't post unfinished stuff on SC either tho... so far every time I had an idea / WIP I posted it as a reel on IG or Tiktok for the funsies, not like I got a following. I might look into this "personal thread" you refer to (I got no clue where it is? is the thing on my profile?).

I think I might post here finished projects that I didn't end up putting on spotify or similar for the time being, thank you for the advice!

BBS Signature

Response to What to upload on Newgrounds 2023-11-08 15:10:08

At 11/8/23 03:00 PM, Vmxplousion wrote:
At 11/8/23 10:48 AM, Daru925 wrote: While audio portal is apparently aimed toward finished/polished polish? songs, you can always post your experiments on soundcloud, and link them in your newsposts, or your personal thread here i think :)
I see, I don't post unfinished stuff on SC either tho... so far every time I had an idea / WIP I posted it as a reel on IG or Tiktok for the funsies, not like I got a following. I might look into this "personal thread" you refer to (I got no clue where it is? is the thing on my profile?).

I think I might post here finished projects that I didn't end up putting on spotify or similar for the time being, thank you for the advice!

You can create a thread on this very audio forum, something like "Vmxplousion music" or a fancy name if you want; where you post your music and various experiments, your findings, improvments, artistic journey -whatever you want on this board- that way everyone has his own thread here, and we dont end up with a forum with only "Yo check my new song" posts x 1000. :D

Salut!

I create 3D art here, and you can listen to my album there! Comments/Feedback appreciated.

Merci!

BBS Signature

Response to What to upload on Newgrounds 2023-11-08 16:30:50

At 11/8/23 03:10 PM, Daru925 wrote:
At 11/8/23 03:00 PM, Vmxplousion wrote:

You can create a thread on this very audio forum, something like "Vmxplousion music" or a fancy name if you want; where you post your music and various experiments, your findings, improvments, artistic journey -whatever you want on this board- that way everyone has his own thread here, and we dont end up with a forum with only "Yo check my new song" posts x 1000. :D

I see. that makes sense! if I am able to release a new album on the 1st of 2024 like I'm planning to do, I'll also make my very own thread then! thanks!

BBS Signature

Response to What to upload on Newgrounds 2023-11-09 01:11:33

At 11/7/23 12:16 PM, Vmxplousion wrote: Hey! This is my first time posting on here so there might be many things I'm oblivious about so if I'm in any way wrong please I ask you to correct me!

I've finally came around to post the tracks I've made in the past year on here, with some hiccups due to having previously posted them using an online distributor and not being scouted yet, but now they've all been published so I'm happy.

but I wondered, would it be better for me to post everything I made/will make? everything as in unfinished projects, scrapped songs, songs I felt weren't too good to put on spotify, etc...
of course, with time, my standards for what I consider a "decent song" have changed and will continue to do so, so my question was more about how does the community or the site reacts when someone posts a lot of stuff, even unpolished or unfinished song? would it be annoying? is it fine? is it encouraged?

maybe I'm just overthinking this... would like to know you guys opinion about it!

hope to stay here for the long run
~♪~♪~♪~

generally i don't post wips, and if anything i will upload a remaster later on if i happen to remaster the track. But i will never replace one of my tracks with a different arrangement. That's me though.