00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Fkkkkkkkkk123 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

BBS Awards 2023 : Discussion

5,586 Views | 154 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

BBS Awards 2023 : Discussion 2023-11-06 06:32:03

After much thought, since the closer of the General forum, I have made the decision to run the awards through the Wi/Ht forum, as it makes the most sense, it's open to everyone to contribute still.

Some of the awards will look a little different, to fit with the change, I have also come up with the idea of having a new award called the "Supporters User of the Year", which is someone nominated by the supporters of Newgrounds, and voted on by them, so if you want to be a part of that, become a supporter innit.

The nominations thread will go up later today, and will run till the end of November.

Response to BBS Awards 2023 : Discussion 2023-11-06 06:48:12

At 11/6/23 06:32 AM, Little-Rena wrote: After much thought, since the closer of the General forum, I have made the decision to run the awards through the Wi/Ht forum, as it makes the most sense, it's open to everyone to contribute still.

Some of the awards will look a little different, to fit with the change, I have also come up with the idea of having a new award called the "Supporters User of the Year", which is someone nominated by the supporters of Newgrounds, and voted on by them, so if you want to be a part of that, become a supporter innit.

The nominations thread will go up later today, and will run till the end of November.

question, what kind of awards are we able to give a user with?

I may not be the brightest in the box full of light-bulbs, but that doesn't mean I can't light the way in this dark world.

(you can call me wilson or mawi if you want, I'm also the one who made skibidi club.)

TOYHOUSEYOUTUBETUMBLRREDDIT

BBS Signature

Response to BBS Awards 2023 : Discussion 2023-11-06 06:51:37

At 11/6/23 06:48 AM, mawibblap wrote:
At 11/6/23 06:32 AM, Little-Rena wrote: After much thought, since the closer of the General forum, I have made the decision to run the awards through the Wi/Ht forum, as it makes the most sense, it's open to everyone to contribute still.

question, what kind of awards are we able to give a user with?

It's funny you should say that because it has just allowed me to post up the award thread, the cooldown on posting threads makes hosting awards difficult, imo @TomFulp should just make me a moderator so I can bypass thread limits, lmao.

Nominations thread - https://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1529531

I have removed some that seemed to make more sense for when general existed, and added some that make more sense for a wider audience.

Response to BBS Awards 2023 : Discussion 2023-11-06 23:44:42

Well, I know on what I will nominate and vote for this year (despite the popular section being closed).

Probably for me, that’s the last time I participate in this, for real this time.

SM/AMA/FAQs (Now both are ready, well sort of) My shortcuts

BBS Signature

Response to BBS Awards 2023 : Discussion 2023-11-07 11:34:52

Can't wait to see the results!

Hey @Little-Rena. Am i eligible for the newcommer award bc my signup date is on new years eve (it was New Years Day in my timezone). if i arrent eligeble thats fine. Just courius.

Response to BBS Awards 2023 : Discussion 2023-11-08 05:13:52

At 11/8/23 04:28 AM, Nebulate wrote: Hey @Little-Rena. Am i eligible for the newcommer award bc my signup date is on new years eve (it was New Years Day in my timezone). if i arrent eligeble thats fine. Just courius.

Sure, I don't see why not.

Response to BBS Awards 2023 : Discussion 2023-11-08 05:17:57

At 11/8/23 05:13 AM, Little-Rena wrote:
At 11/8/23 04:28 AM, Nebulate wrote: Hey @Little-Rena. Am i eligible for the newcommer award bc my signup date is on new years eve (it was New Years Day in my timezone). if i arrent eligeble thats fine. Just courius.
Sure, I don't see why not.

Given I signed up on New Year's Day in my timezone, I should be eligible as well.

Response to BBS Awards 2023 : Discussion 2023-11-09 06:45:39

I don't think the BBS Awards 2023 for negative things are a very good idea, because it's most likely going to result in the winners of the negative ones to get zero bombed even more, and people are most likely not going to include people in their collabs...

Newgrounds is about being perfect and having a huge budget for your project, not about fun.

Response to BBS Awards 2023 : Discussion 2023-11-09 09:41:04

At 11/9/23 06:45 AM, BlastoiseNetworkYT wrote: I don't think the BBS Awards 2023 for negative things are a very good idea, because it's most likely going to result in the winners of the negative ones to get zero bombed even more, and people are most likely not going to include people in their collabs...

If nobody besides me puts this man in Worst Poster at least once, I'm going to scream bloody murder.

It's the worst argument of why the worst X award should be removed, because if there's a best X award, why the fuck can't there be a worst X award? Not to mention exactly when did these winners of worst X awards ever get zero bombed? Wegra's submissions barely get zero bombed and I'm willing to bet the source is from your ass. Second of all, who CARES about people in the awards getting accepted or denied in collabs? Barely any collab I've seen, the exception is the Newgrounds Direct, will kick your ass out for your reputation. The Awards aren't remotely serious enough to mean anything and rarely do I see hosts even remotely care about them. Don't believe me? Why don't you just ASK any host about it.

Response to BBS Awards 2023 : Discussion 2023-11-09 09:53:11

At 11/9/23 09:41 AM, BickerySebastian wrote:
At 11/9/23 06:45 AM, BlastoiseNetworkYT wrote: I don't think the BBS Awards 2023 for negative things are a very good idea, because it's most likely going to result in the winners of the negative ones to get zero bombed even more, and people are most likely not going to include people in their collabs...
If nobody besides me puts this man in Worst Poster at least once, I'm going to scream bloody murder.
It's the worst argument of why the worst X award should be removed, because if there's a best X award, why the fuck can't there be a worst X award? Not to mention exactly when did these winners of worst X awards ever get zero bombed? Wegra's submissions barely get zero bombed and I'm willing to bet the source is from your ass. Second of all, who CARES about people in the awards getting accepted or denied in collabs? Barely any collab I've seen, the exception is the Newgrounds Direct, will kick your ass out for your reputation. The Awards aren't remotely serious enough to mean anything and rarely do I see hosts even remotely care about them. Don't believe me? Why don't you just ASK any host about it.

Damn, you went off like Castle Fucking Bravo on that guy. He touch a raw nerve or something?

At 11/9/23 09:53 AM, BlueMonday1984 wrote:
Damn, you went off like Castle Fucking Bravo on that guy. He touch a raw nerve or something?

The dude has been whinging for a few days now that people aren't joining their collab, and when people try to explain why they accuse everyone of just hating on 'em for not having a proper budget and is claiming that people on Newgrounds are demanding perfection from everyone.

Anyway, I saw that someone suggested that my thread asking for 1000 replies should be nominated for worst thread of the year, honestly if that happened I'd laugh my arse off (more than I already have at that proposition)

pfp: BellieQwQ | website: jaypedia.xyz | bandcamp: thejayjay.bandcamp.com

thanq yuo

Response to BBS Awards 2023 : Discussion 2023-11-09 10:07:27

At 11/9/23 10:00 AM, TheJayJay wrote: Anyway, I saw that someone suggested that my thread asking for 1000 replies should be nominated for worst thread of the year, honestly if that happened I'd laugh my arse off (more than I already have at that proposition)

That would be pretty funny, and it does give me an idea of how I should cast my vote.

Response to BBS Awards 2023 : Discussion 2023-11-09 11:19:19

At 11/9/23 10:00 AM, TheJayJay wrote:
At 11/9/23 09:53 AM, BlueMonday1984 wrote:
The dude has been whinging for a few days now that people aren't joining their collab, and when people try to explain why they accuse everyone of just hating on 'em for not having a proper budget and is claiming that people on Newgrounds are demanding perfection from everyone.

Anyway, I saw that someone suggested that my thread asking for 1000 replies should be nominated for worst thread of the year, honestly if that happened I'd laugh my arse off (more than I already have at that proposition)

Because I don't trust the Newgrounds community, they are infamous for being too harsh to users

Newgrounds is about being perfect and having a huge budget for your project, not about fun.

Response to BBS Awards 2023 : Discussion 2023-11-09 11:35:05

At 11/9/23 09:53 AM, BlueMonday1984 wrote: Damn, you went off like Castle Fucking Bravo on that guy. He touch a raw nerve or something?

No, it's that when you have to go wear the same shoes as I do, it's that it's usually him complaining about NG being bad (Usually it's because of his faults) and then somehow praising YouTube (The biggest sin you can ever do.) for being no joke better than NG, it's some Pokemon fan crap you've likely never heard of that BARELY gets any replies (No, me being involved in them doesn't count.), or him sucking off his big "12K YT subs" ego.

Even IF you think this is too much, there's no way you can tell me you can't get annoyed by the same guy who whines about his GoAnimation submissions getting 0 stars for the 5th time or so.

Sorry @TheJayJay

But I can't help but chuckle a bit about the clown thread traumatizing you.

I agree with you and to be honest, I actually put him in the biggest attention whore award as well on the grounds that he advertised his collab in several boards and half the time he was just getting defensive over people giving him feedback in good faith.

The other reason is because as much as Zero Bombing sucks I'd rather have the ability for people not to review when they rate someone's work remain as is in response to his blog post saying that it should only be allowed when someone gives a review.

That made me cringe more than the time @Mavrah accused my work of being made with Artificial Intelligence just to get me going, but he managed to dodge a bullet because of BlastoiseNetworkYT since Mavrah is just another user trying to be edgy on Newgrounds.

I'd rather have people not say anything if they're going to rate my work zero if they have nothing constructive to say.

Response to BBS Awards 2023 : Discussion 2023-11-09 15:04:32

At 11/9/23 01:53 PM, DioShiba wrote: Sorry @TheJayJay

But I can't help but chuckle a bit about the clown thread traumatizing you.

I'm glad my misfortune can at least be amusing.

thanq yuo

Response to BBS Awards 2023 : Discussion 2023-11-09 16:44:18

So I just saw this in the rules of nominations.iu_1111262_3993712.png

Well there goes my cred given I nominated my own work getting front page'd as the greatest event ever on grounds that I really didn't want to vote about the closings of Political and General since I feel a lot of what led up to that was caused by that dumb 'ol bullshit I was talking about.

There's only one honorable thing left to do.

iu_1111263_3993712.png

Response to BBS Awards 2023 : Discussion 2023-11-09 17:04:10

I saw myself nominated for best poaster twice today. I must be doing something terribly wrong. I guess I should start publicly encouraging suicide again.

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to BBS Awards 2023 : Discussion 2023-11-09 17:08:31

At 11/9/23 05:04 PM, DamnedByFate wrote: I saw myself nominated for best poaster twice today. I must be doing something terribly wrong. I guess I should start publicly encouraging suicide again.

That will only put you at the user of the year award next year if you do this

Response to BBS Awards 2023 : Discussion 2023-11-09 17:10:46

At 11/9/23 05:08 PM, DioShiba wrote:
At 11/9/23 05:04 PM, DamnedByFate wrote: I saw myself nominated for best poaster twice today. I must be doing something terribly wrong. I guess I should start publicly encouraging suicide again.
That will only put you at the user of the year award next year if you do this

Readying my nööse picture…

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to BBS Awards 2023 : Discussion 2023-11-09 18:07:56

I think that's the reason why you are nominated for best poster.

thanq yuo

@BickerySebastian we got four votes nominating BlastoiseNetworkYT for worst poster of the year do I hear five?

Response to BBS Awards 2023 : Discussion 2023-11-09 19:49:18

At 11/9/23 07:25 PM, DioShiba wrote: @BickerySebastian we got four votes nominating BlastoiseNetworkYT for worst poster of the year do I hear five?

I'm not betting much on Blastoise, because again, maybe there's a WAY better candidate, but who knows. So far, as writing this, there's been only 9 votes for Worst Poster (Yes, I'm including ones that don't name one user yet still include the category regardless.) and by 19:38 EST, he is 1st place by 4 votes, with the runner-up of nobody by 3 votes, and third being tied with either Wegra or DingleberryClock/Zymbot with one vote.

I don't know, maybe the voters will surprise me by having him have the most votes and the amount of people voted for him is like twice or three times the amount the runner up had.

Response to BBS Awards 2023 : Discussion 2023-11-10 09:40:02

At 11/9/23 07:49 PM, BickerySebastian wrote:
At 11/9/23 07:25 PM, DioShiba wrote: @BickerySebastian we got four votes nominating BlastoiseNetworkYT for worst poster of the year do I hear five?
I'm not betting much on Blastoise, because again, maybe there's a WAY better candidate, but who knows. So far, as writing this, there's been only 9 votes for Worst Poster (Yes, I'm including ones that don't name one user yet still include the category regardless.) and by 19:38 EST, he is 1st place by 4 votes, with the runner-up of nobody by 3 votes, and third being tied with either Wegra or DingleberryClock/Zymbot with one vote.
I don't know, maybe the voters will surprise me by having him have the most votes and the amount of people voted for him is like twice or three times the amount the runner up had.

Please don't...

I do not want to get zero bombed even worse..

I'm not betting much on Blastoise, because again, maybe there's a WAY better candidate, but who knows. So far, as writing this, there's been only 9 votes for Worst Poster (Yes, I'm including ones that don't name one user yet still include the category regardless.)

In my opinion Blastoise the user, doesn't deserve Worst Poster of this year. Just because he recently appeared out of nowhere, doesn't mean he should get the worst poster of the year award. There are worst posters than him (spoiler alert on my own nomination and the vote, it's everyone, and yes you can nominate and vote for that one category, back in 2022 (but it had a different name)).

I sometimes think that you people always look for a scapegoat to blame on for the problems of the forums.

SM/AMA/FAQs (Now both are ready, well sort of) My shortcuts

BBS Signature

Response to BBS Awards 2023 : Discussion 2023-11-10 11:19:39

At 11/10/23 11:15 AM, StickmanMarkinson wrote:
I'm not betting much on Blastoise, because again, maybe there's a WAY better candidate, but who knows. So far, as writing this, there's been only 9 votes for Worst Poster (Yes, I'm including ones that don't name one user yet still include the category regardless.)
In my opinion Blastoise the user, doesn't deserve Worst Poster. Just because he recently appeared out of nowhere, doesn't mean he should get the worst poster award. There are worst posters than him (spoiler, it's everyone, and yes you can nominate and vote for that one category).
I think sometimes you people always look for a scapegoat to blame someone for the forums or having to loose your braincells over it.

In fact, I don't wanna get 0 bombed just because I made a collab recently

Response to BBS Awards 2023 : Discussion 2023-11-10 11:34:22

At 11/10/23 11:19 AM, BlastoiseNetworkYT wrote:
In my opinion Blastoise the user, doesn't deserve Worst Poster. Just because he recently appeared out of nowhere, doesn't mean he should get the worst poster award. There are worst posters than him (spoiler, it's everyone, and yes you can nominate and vote for that one category).
I think sometimes you people always look for a scapegoat to blame someone for the forums or having to loose your braincells over it.

You won't get zero bombed over some silly BBS Awards

At 11/10/23 11:34 AM, Little-Rena wrote:
At 11/10/23 11:19 AM, BlastoiseNetworkYT wrote:
You won't get zero bombed over some silly BBS Awards

Again I don't trust the Newgrounds community, I have a feeling once they see I have a negative award. They will start making a zero bomber community and 0 bomb anyone who has negative awards