00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Echo6261 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

music production tips

178 Views | 5 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

music production tips 2023-11-04 17:28:11

can be everything, I only need good tips for making music.

Response to music production tips 2023-11-04 21:10:35

It's just wobbling air at the end of the day, don't get too hung up about it. If music is your chosen art form, then your preference is God and your taste The Head of State. If you think it sounds good, it is good. If your being commissioned then the above should instead be true for the person paying. Try your best, have fun and PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, LOOK AFTER YOUR EARS, HEARING DAMAGE IS PERMANENT (Right now in 2023, we might luck out with medical tech in the future).

BBS Signature

Response to music production tips 2023-11-05 01:13:10

At 11/4/23 09:10 PM, SkankyMojo wrote: It's just wobbling air at the end of the day, don't get too hung up about it. If music is your chosen art form, then your preference is God and your taste The Head of State. If you think it sounds good, it is good. If your being commissioned then the above should instead be true for the person paying. Try your best, have fun and PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, LOOK AFTER YOUR EARS, HEARING DAMAGE IS PERMANENT (Right now in 2023, we might luck out with medical tech in the future).

thanks for the tip!

Response to music production tips 2023-11-05 08:11:30

One thing I've learned recently is the importance of background elements. Adding detail to it really sets up the atmosphere. I've noticed it while comparing my tracks to professional ones. Those little details keeps me interested on the track subconsciously, especially on break sections where the track's energy goes down.

Response to music production tips 2023-11-06 12:36:05

At 11/5/23 08:11 AM, Drimager wrote: One thing I've learned recently is the importance of background elements. Adding detail to it really sets up the atmosphere. I've noticed it while comparing my tracks to professional ones. Those little details keeps me interested on the track subconsciously, especially on break sections where the track's energy goes down.

I agree with you but I also tend to like to mix some songs reeeeally dry! Depends on what I feel it calls for.

"If the world can't provide you comfort, find someone who can comfort you in spite of the world." - Me lol

Response to music production tips 2023-11-06 16:13:11

the easiest way for me to make a melody is starting with the rhythm, then choosing the notes! Also try thinking of how it would sound if the melody was to be sung (where applicable, some genres have inherently synthesized melodies).

focus on choosing better sounds to start with rather than processing a bad sound until it sounds good, there's no rule that prevents you from using always the same samples when you're starting out.

I can't stress this enough: cocaine

BBS Signature