00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

EatMyShoes just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Members Needed for Kawaii Kreations

207 Views | 0 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Hey guys! James Dahlbender here and welcome to the casting call for my animation team, Kawaii Kreations.

FAQ

#1. What are you looking for your team?

We're looking for some artists and animators to bring my cartoons to life.

#2. What animation medium do you specialize in?

We specialize in hand drawn animation (which is animated frame by frame rather than rigging and tweening or something) for games, commercials, and cartoons.

#3. What programs do you use to make cartoons?

I use Toon Boom Harmony, Photoshop,, and After Effects.

#4. Where can I contact you?

I'm on Discord and you can email me.

Discord: jamesdahlbender

Email: ooglyeye@gmail.com

#5. Is it a paid or unpaid offer.

This is a volunteer project, so it's unpaid.

#6. What kind of projects would we do?

We would do any kind of project, whether it's original or fanmade.

ROLES:

Storyboard Director

A storyboard director is in charge of making thumbnails for the storyboards and make the rough draft of the storyboards. A storyboard is kind of like a comic book or a graphic novel, only a lot more in-depth and instructive on what's going on. Storyboard art is not entirely detailed, though it's very detailed with the descriptions like dialogue, actions, effects, calls for stock footage, SFX, etc. Before you apply, I would like to lend in some animation vocabulary. S/A stands for same as. Since we would use this template (https://live.staticflickr.com/7074/7089028419_3e7ee2e146_b.jpg) to work with, if you wanna hold use the same pose as the previous panel, just make a rough silhouette of the things you wanna keep the same pose, and write S/A in it. It would be helpful for the animators on the long run. http://www.milowerx.com/portfolio/exposure-sheets/, archive.org/details/notes-for-timers/page/n25/mode/2up

Storyboard Artists

Storyboard artists take the thumbnails and rough storyboard draft from the storyboard director, and refine it into a polished storyboard with a little more details than the thumbnails. We will be using this template to work with. live.staticflickr.com/7074/7089028419_3e7ee2e146_b.jpg Before you audition, please refer to the description for the storyboard director role for some essential animation terms.

Track Reader

A track reader listens to the dialogue and writes it out how it would sound phonetically on a timesheet. A timesheet serves as a way to tell the animators what happens and where. I made a timesheet template here. drive.google.com/file/d/1-l4wKGXT9X6gYAI7kfOuAN7_1CwxDc2f/view?usp=sharing

Animation Director

Animation directors are either the director in charge of all aspects of the animation process during the production of an animated film or television, and animated segment for a live action film or television show, or the animator in charge of correcting layouts and drawings. The difference between the two is largely the difference between the western and eastern animation industries. Their main job is to time how long every single action takes to happen on a timesheet. I have a timesheet template here: drive.google.com/file/d/1-l4wKGXT9X6gYAI7kfOuAN7_1CwxDc2f/view?usp=sharing

Please refer to the storyboard director role for a list of essential animation terms and some sheet timing terms (http://www.milowerx.com/portfolio/exposure-sheets/, archive.org/details/notes-for-timers/page/n25/mode/2up). Here's some examples of timesheets from Summer Camp Island and Flavio. www.milowerx.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/01/Summer-Camp-016_SadBirthdayBathrobe.pdf www.milowerx.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/NICK-Flavio-sheets.pdf

Character Designer

Here's where you audition to be a character designer. Character designers visualise and create the look of individual characters (typically ones you haven't seen in a cartoon by this team). They work from descriptions given to them by the director. These might include notes on a character's personality as well as physical traits. Character designers take inspiration from the script and concept art to design characters.

Prop Designer

Here's where you apply to be a prop designer. Working from descriptions given by the art director and by reviewing scripts and animatics, you'll be creating props that fit the particular style of animation for the show. Complete all rough, revised and final designs necessary within assigned deadlines. Resolve design problems with creative supervisors.

Background Painter

Here's where you audition to be a background painter. A background artist, also called a background painter or a background stylist, helps create the backgrounds for various projects. They're responsible for establishing the particular color palette, mood or style of a particular scene.

Layout Artist

Here's where you apply to be a layout artist. In traditional 2D hand-drawn animation, layout artists define the perspective of the animation frames by drawing the backgrounds. The relative size of the objects in the background of a flat image, as compared to the action in the foreground, influences how viewers perceive the scene. For essential animation terms, please refer to the storyboard director role and here (.https://archive.org/details/notes-for-timers/page/n25/mode/2up) And here's an extra animation term:

Match lines are what layout artists use to make things over and behind at the same time.

Here's the template we would be using: drive.google.com/file/d/17Ggh0ZSBZWDDgb9tFWhua2XeXWE3wpJ-/view

Also, there's a thing that layout artists, and clean up artists use called color separation lines. They're actually a helpful reminder to the animators that there's shadows, colored outlines, lineless things, highlights, and many more.

Color Key Supervisor

Here's where you apply to be a color key supervisor. A color key supervisor color the character designs and layout so the animators know what to color.

Clean Up and Color Artists

Here's where you apply to be a clean up and color artist. Clean Up and Color artists clean up and color the animations based on the color models from the color key supervisor. Here's some things I wanna point out:

Since we're going for Japanese methods of compositing, it's gonna be a little different than what you're used to. Make sure to use aliased lines so I can smooth it later on in the compositing. Make sure you don't use alpha channels so I can get rid of the background while I do the compositing, and make sure you don't use pure white on the characters or props during the coloring, so I can key out just the background and not the others.

Animators

An animator produces multiple images called frames, which when sequenced together create an illusion of movement - this is known as animation. The images can be made up of digital or hand-drawn pictures, models or puppets. Animators tend to work in 2D, 3D model-making, stop-frame or computer-generated animation. For the brush effects, you can use something like Photoshop or Clip Studio Paint since they have animation features and lots of creative brushes.

3D Animators

Sometimes a scene would call for 3D Animation, and the 3D Animator would bring it to life in a 3D perspective. An animator produces multiple images called frames, which when sequenced together create an illusion of movement - this is known as animation. The images can be made up of digital or hand-drawn pictures, models or puppets. Animators tend to work in 2D, 3D model-making, stop-frame or computer-generated animation.

Deadline:January 24th, 2024 8:30 PM EST

CCC Page: https://www.castingcall.club/projects/members-needed-for-kawaii-kreations-ltd-copy