00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Oplin12468 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Will I be blocked by copyright for every song I upload?

262 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Hi there! I am the drummer in a band called Nerve Shack and I am trying to upload our back catalogue here. Slowly, of course, due to the four-a-day file limit on unscouted artists, but trying all the same. Regardless, I knew I would run into problems when I got to our first song that was distributed on Spotify, as it immediately got halted for infringing on copyright. Our own copyright. I appealed this notion and I'm sure it will be let through, as has happened in the past when I tried to upload my own, copyrighted material on here, but will I have do go through that appeal process for every single track? If there is a way to avoid going through that again, I would be grateful if someone could let me know.

EDIT: I should clarify that I have full permission from my fellow band mates to upload our music here.

Thanks!

Nerve Shack is: Ryan Kelly, Oliver Quinton, Aiden Osmond

Maybe @TomFulp can help with this? I'm sure if you reached out he may be able to do something (or not)

pfp: BellieQwQ | website: jaypedia.xyz | bandcamp: thejayjay.bandcamp.com

thanq yuo

At 10/11/23 05:04 PM, Nerve-Shack wrote: Hi there! I am the drummer in a band called Nerve Shack and I am trying to upload our back catalogue here. Slowly, of course, due to the four-a-day file limit on unscouted artists, but trying all the same. Regardless, I knew I would run into problems when I got to our first song that was distributed on Spotify, as it immediately got halted for infringing on copyright. Our own copyright. I appealed this notion and I'm sure it will be let through, as has happened in the past when I tried to upload my own, copyrighted material on here, but will I have do go through that appeal process for every single track? If there is a way to avoid going through that again, I would be grateful if someone could let me know.

EDIT: I should clarify that I have full permission from my fellow band mates to upload our music here.

Thanks!

I've approved your appeal and scouted your account now, so it will skip the copyright check moving forward.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

At 10/12/23 08:19 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 10/11/23 05:04 PM, Nerve-Shack wrote: Hi there! I am the drummer in a band called Nerve Shack and I am trying to upload our back catalogue here. Slowly, of course, due to the four-a-day file limit on unscouted artists, but trying all the same. Regardless, I knew I would run into problems when I got to our first song that was distributed on Spotify, as it immediately got halted for infringing on copyright. Our own copyright. I appealed this notion and I'm sure it will be let through, as has happened in the past when I tried to upload my own, copyrighted material on here, but will I have do go through that appeal process for every single track? If there is a way to avoid going through that again, I would be grateful if someone could let me know.

Thanks!
I've approved your appeal and scouted your account now, so it will skip the copyright check moving forward.

Oh wow, thank you so much! Greatly appreciated!

Nerve Shack is: Ryan Kelly, Oliver Quinton, Aiden Osmond