00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

CleanCosmos just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

NGADM 2023 Semifinals

666 Views | 11 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

NGADM 2023 Semifinals 2023-10-05 23:48:02

Welcome to the Newgrounds Audio Deathmatch 2023 Semifinals! :D

The remaining competitors have until Saturday, October 21st at 11:59 pm Eastern Daylight Time to submit a completely original track (i.e., made from scratch for the competition) to this thread. 

You all should really know the rules by now, but the TL;DR version is: 1) no remixes, remakes, mash-ups, etc.; 2) No copyrighted samples; and 3) no finishing a piece you started before October 5th for your submission.

Shout-out as always to the judges! @ADR3-N, @Bosa, @ConnorGrail, @TeraVex, @WobWobRob, @X3LL3N, and myself may have only had 8 submissions to score, but at this stage of the competition, deciding who moves on and who doesn’t is very, very difficult. So difficult, in fact, that we had to call in @Everratic as a special tie-breaking judge for @LordAndiso and @LucidShadowDreamer! Huge thanks to @Everratic for joining the judging team on short notice. 

Without further ado, THE RESULTS ARE RIGHT HERE! People who made it into the top 4 are highlighted in green. People who didn’t are not. Note that the list is sorted by match-up, not alphabetically.

Congratulations to all of the competitors for their hard work. If you’re moving on to the next round, you may now begin working on your tracks. If not, hope to see you back next year! ^_^

The Semifinals match-ups are as follows:

@Lordant vs. @Papkee

@FJOB vs. @LucidShadowDreamer

"Time's fun when you're having flies." ~Kermit the Frog

BBS Signature

Response to NGADM 2023 Semifinals 2023-10-05 23:48:37

And for absolute clarity, @BeyondOurEyes, you technically didn’t make it into the Semifinals, but you’re first in line to serve as a fill-in if we have any dropouts. You should strongly consider working on a piece that follows the rules of the competition over the next couple of weeks, in case you have an opportunity to rejoin the Deathmatch.

---

And also for absolute clarity, the following users were not also accepted into the Semifinals. Making it into the Quarterfinals itself is a huge honor, though, and you should all feel very proud of your accomplishments in this competition. 

@LordAndiso, @Spoonman420, @DenPelm

BBS Signature

Response to NGADM 2023 Semifinals 2023-10-06 09:36:15

Not upset in the slightest, there's so much talent and diversity from everyone it's been really great to just hear everyone's submissions and creativity in various genres. I'm proud to have made it as far as I did, haha! I'll still try to crank out something new by 10/21 just in case but moreso just as extra motivation to keep up on writing new music. Thanks for having me and good luck to everyone moving forward!

BBS Signature

Response to NGADM 2023 Semifinals 2023-10-15 21:55:58

Here's a landmark 6-day-and-2-hour warning, fellas!

@Lordant @Papkee @FJOB @LucidShadowDreamer

BBS Signature

Response to NGADM 2023 Semifinals 2023-10-20 22:25:02

I'll got first I guess lol

Response to NGADM 2023 Semifinals 2023-10-21 05:29:38

Arrive on time?

FJOB

Response to NGADM 2023 Semifinals 2023-10-21 09:21:23

About 14.5 hours left now, @LucidShadowDreamer and @Lordant! Sorry I've been so lackadaisical with the reminders this round.

BBS Signature

Response to NGADM 2023 Semifinals 2023-10-21 17:33:52

So excited that I made it this far. Good luck everyone!

👀

BBS Signature

Response to NGADM 2023 Semifinals 2023-10-21 23:02:51

ONE HOUR LEFT, @LucidShadowDreamer!

BBS Signature

Response to NGADM 2023 Semifinals 2023-10-21 23:59:02

Heh, I even had 1 minute to spare ;)

Response to NGADM 2023 Semifinals 2023-10-22 00:08:37

At 10/21/23 11:59 PM, LucidShadowDreamer wrote:
Heh, I even had 1 minute to spare ;)

No one's going to accuse you of rushing, that's for sure.

The finalists will be determined by this Thursday. Friendly reminder that even those who are not moving on to the championship match will be invited to compete for 3rd place.

Judges...ASSEMBLE! @ADR3-N @Bosa @ConnorGrail @SplatterDash @TeraVex @wobwobrob @X3LL3N

BBS Signature

Response to NGADM 2023 Semifinals 2023-10-27 08:34:42

Folks, I apologize for the delayed results. All the scores were in on time, but frankly...I just fell asleep. Now that I'm awake again, you can see the Final Round thread here: https://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1529274

BBS Signature