00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

s4kuna just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

criticize my song

428 Views | 4 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

criticize my song 2023-10-04 23:56:15

I want someone to criticize/review my song.

also, I don't know what is mixing and mastering, can someone explain me what is it and is it good in my song?

Response to criticize my song 2023-10-08 02:13:01

Sorry to say this but the only thing mixed well was the kick drum at the beginning.

The idea behind mixing is that you're applying a bunch of effects to your instruments to get them to blend together. So you have this high pitched 8 bit esque synth, and while a better melody would help, the real issue is that your lower, more bassy synths are still projecting incredibly high overtones that are interfering with literally everything else in the song. Thankfully, this is an easy fix: apply the filter plugin or apply a filter of some sort, or you could just use the EQ but this gets complicated for beginners so I try to avoid recommending that (also I am still bad at using it). But for now, a filter set at a low frequency would help a lot, and then balance everything around that so it isn't ear screeching anymore.

Response to criticize my song 2023-10-12 15:43:58

My take on mixing would be getting the volumes right, filtering out pointless frequencies and finally stereo mixing. For example think of a piano, on itself it sounds good but if you add a reese bass (or just any bass) some frequencies of that piano become not really audible coz they blend badly with that bass, so you just low-cut them. Lastly for stereo it's less of a left-right, but more of a mono-stereo thinking. What I mean by that is: how much % of a sound is the same on left and right speaker. Try making different parts more or less stereo and see what fits best. On how to do it: idk what DAW are you using. Lastly for mastering: For me it's just making different parts of the song closer in volume: for example intro will have a few mostly atmostheric elements so it will be quiet while drop a lot sounds with clear definition -so louder. You could just do that in mixing stage, but it's much easier in master. Additinaly master just makes everything sound more full. On how to master - oh boy... try this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2XIICPAYpk

Response to criticize my song 2023-10-23 01:32:27 (edited 2023-10-23 01:44:10)

At 10/4/23 11:56 PM, Mesage wrote: I want someone to criticize/review my song.
also, I don't know what is mixing and mastering, can someone explain me what is it and is it good in my song?
https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1245406

I made a video specifically for your track that shows how different it is compared to most other tracks. Learn this first https://youtu.be/gW8aBHw8Psw?si=SVF-eGgirbiboY3d

Response to criticize my song 2023-11-02 23:15:21

It sounds like the aesthetic I expected. It seems alright!

Do not be mistaken, do not be mislead, trust not in my words, just use your head.

BBS Signature