00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Huffthedragon just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Halloworm Collab!

2,158 Views | 65 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Hey everyone!

Halloween will soon be upon us again, and weโ€™re celebrating by making a Halloworm ๐ŸŽƒ๐Ÿชฑ.

For those not in the know, an art worm is a long stretch of pictures stitched together to create 1 huge, seamless submission.

Example 1

Example 2

To make use of the new Multi-Author feature, however, this will be a non-interactive art worm with a beginning and ending piece posted to the Art Portal!

Important Practical Info:

You can choose to be placed in 1 of 2 teams; Team Bird ๐Ÿฆ or Team Skeleton ๐Ÿ’€.

๐Ÿฆ Team Bird

• Your drawing needs to be 1080px high. This is important!
  • You are free to choose the width of your piece (within reasonable parameters).
  • You can draw whatever you want in the theme of Halloween, but no explicit adult art.
  • Your final deadline for will be October 14th!

๐Ÿ’€ Team Skeleton

• Your drawing needs to be 1080px high. This is important!
  • You are free to choose the width of your piece (within reasonable parameters).
  • You can draw whatever you want in the theme of Halloween, but no explicit adult art.
  • You will be given 1 or 2 pieces of art to connect together from the sides using your picture.
  • You deadline is October 28th!

This final deadline gives us a small buffer for missing images or connections.

We plan on posting the finished product on Newgrounds on Halloween Eve.

If youโ€™re interested, let me know which team you want to join in the thread by October 1st.

If either team is good, tell me too.

Happy Spooky Arting!

iu_1088694_1717894.webp

BBS Signature

Response to Halloworm Collab! 2023-09-29 06:38:09

At 9/29/23 05:28 AM, DieterTheuns wrote: Hey everyone!

Halloween will soon be upon us again, and weโ€™re celebrating by making a Halloworm ๐ŸŽƒ๐Ÿชฑ.
For those not in the know, an art worm is a long stretch of pictures stitched together to create 1 huge, seamless submission.

Example 1
Example 2

To make use of the new Multi-Author feature, however, this will be a non-interactive art worm with a beginning and ending piece posted to the Art Portal!

You can choose to be placed in 1 of 2 teams; Team Bird ๐Ÿฆ or Team Skeleton ๐Ÿ’€.

๐Ÿฆ Team Bird

๐Ÿ’€ Team Skeleton

If youโ€™re interested, let me know which team you want to join in the thread by October 1st.

Happy Spooky Arting!

If Team Skeleton are doing the worm, is Team Bird's just for shits and giggles or were they meant to connect as well?

Nobody beats the 83457 and all that.

Patreon : Ko-fi : YouTube : Twitter

BBS Signature

Response to Halloworm Collab! 2023-09-29 06:45:44

At 9/29/23 06:38 AM, 53xy83457 wrote: If Team Skeleton are doing the worm, is Team Bird's just for shits and giggles or were they meant to connect as well?

Team Bird provide the base images, which the team Skeleton connect together.

iu_1088706_1717894.png

BBS Signature

Response to Halloworm Collab! 2023-09-29 06:54:52

At 9/29/23 06:45 AM, DieterTheuns wrote:
At 9/29/23 06:38 AM, 53xy83457 wrote: If Team Skeleton are doing the worm, is Team Bird's just for shits and giggles or were they meant to connect as well?
Team Bird provide the base images, which the team Skeleton connect together.

Knew it was a stupid question when I asked it, let me get back to you.

Nobody beats the 83457 and all that.

Patreon : Ko-fi : YouTube : Twitter

BBS Signature

Response to Halloworm Collab! 2023-09-29 06:57:52

At 9/29/23 06:54 AM, 53xy83457 wrote: Knew it was a stupid question when I asked it, let me get back to you.

No such thing as stupid questions :)

BBS Signature

Response to Halloworm Collab! 2023-09-29 21:51:58

Team Skeleton Pls

Response to Halloworm Collab! 2023-09-29 23:11:03

team skeleton as well!

if you see me online it is because i have seven assignments due in two hours

BBS Signature

Response to Halloworm Collab! 2023-09-30 00:54:47

I'll go with Team Bird because I can't guarantee that I'll do a good job connecting the images.

Response to Halloworm Collab! 2023-09-30 06:55:31

At 9/29/23 09:51 PM, SourCherryJack wrote: Team Skeleton Pls

At 9/29/23 11:11 PM, splenectomy wrote: team skeleton as well!

At 9/30/23 12:54 AM, RepriseAgain wrote: I'll go with Team Bird because I can't guarantee that I'll do a good job connecting the images.

you're all in, adding up the total to 10 contributors so far! :)

BBS Signature

Response to Halloworm Collab! 2023-09-30 07:48:50

At 9/30/23 07:02 AM, chenjoy wrote: I deffinetely wanna be part of this! Id like to be part of team bird!

Hm, I'm sorry, but judging from the very little art you've posted on the forum so far, I don't think your drawings would gel very well with the rest of submissions. I appreciate the enthusiasm, though!

BBS Signature

Response to Halloworm Collab! 2023-09-30 11:15:18

iu_1089392_4639786.jpg

Response to Halloworm Collab! 2023-09-30 12:34:26

Example 1
Example 2

๐Ÿฆ Team Bird

๐Ÿ’€ Team Skeleton

Happy Spooky Arting!

Ooo! This looks interesting! I wish to join Team Bird if that's okay. Only question being, is there anything that I have to do in order to join and contribute to this project?

T H E 1 9 9 0 ' S

BBS Signature

Response to Halloworm Collab! 2023-09-30 14:18:28

At 9/30/23 12:34 PM, Ostan5000 wrote: Ooo! This looks interesting! I wish to join Team Bird if that's okay. Only question being, is there anything that I have to do in order to join and contribute to this project?

Nope, other than having posted a few satisfactory art submissions in the past, it's just a matter of asking! You're in :)

BBS Signature

Response to Halloworm Collab! 2023-09-30 16:19:13

At 9/30/23 02:18 PM, DieterTheuns wrote:
At 9/30/23 12:34 PM, Ostan5000 wrote: Ooo! This looks interesting! I wish to join Team Bird if that's okay. Only question being, is there anything that I have to do in order to join and contribute to this project?
Nope, other than having posted a few satisfactory art submissions in the past, it's just a matter of asking! You're in :)

Awesome thank you!

T H E 1 9 9 0 ' S

BBS Signature

Response to Halloworm Collab! 2023-09-30 16:22:31

So can I start making an artwork now?

T H E 1 9 9 0 ' S

BBS Signature

Response to Halloworm Collab! 2023-09-30 16:27:12

At 9/30/23 04:22 PM, Ostan5000 wrote:
So can I start making an artwork now?

I'll make an official announcement soonish, but since you're on Team Bird, sure, you can start on it already

BBS Signature

Response to Halloworm Collab! 2023-09-30 19:29:59 (edited 2023-09-30 19:38:14)

Hey all,

Halloworm is a-go! The teams are as follows:

๐Ÿฆ Team Bird:

@Luwano

@RepriseAgain

@Ostan5000

@ThePsychoSheep

@Spags

@LoboF

As mentioned earlier, your final deadline is October 14th!

Friendly reminder to not maker your image bigger or smaller than 1080px high.

Post your image here, and a download link to your image on either NG Dump or Google Drive!

๐Ÿ’€ Team Skeleton:

@SourCherryJack

@Template88

@TurkeyOnAStick

@splenectomy

@rubberneck

@DieterTheuns

You will get an update on October 15th, so keep your eyes peeled on the thread!

BBS Signature

Response to Halloworm Collab! 2023-09-30 21:58:39

Sign me Up!!! I want to be on the skeleton team ngl because I have more time

Artist please check out my art, and musician please check out my music.

๏ปฟ

BBS Signature

Response to Halloworm Collab! 2023-10-01 07:02:37

At 9/30/23 09:58 PM, CrowdDoll wrote: Sign me Up!!! I want to be on the skeleton team ngl because I have more time

Alright, but you're the final one I'm going to let in. Welcome to team Skeleton :)

Keep in mind, each member in team Skeleton will have to wait working on their drawings until they are given their images to link up.

From this point on, sign-ins are officially closed!

BBS Signature

Response to Halloworm Collab! 2023-10-01 15:24:10

At 9/30/23 07:29 PM, DieterTheuns wrote: Hey all,

Halloworm is a-go! The teams are as follows:

๐Ÿฆ Team Bird:
@Luwano
@RepriseAgain
@Ostan5000
@ThePsychoSheep
@Spags
@LoboF

As mentioned earlier, your final deadline is October 14th!
Friendly reminder to not maker your image bigger or smaller than 1080px high.
Post your image here, and a download link to your image on either NG Dump or Google Drive!

๐Ÿ’€ Team Skeleton:
@SourCherryJack
@Template88
@TurkeyOnAStick
@splenectomy
@rubberneck
@DieterTheuns

You will get an update on October 15th, so keep your eyes peeled on the thread!

Okay, I finished the artwork. It should be able to meet the requirements, but let me know just incase.

whatcha think of it?

iu_1090339_11103601.png

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bF2aVG_1bfqDkwIvQME-SiKCz-pb_nVB/view?usp=drivesdk

T H E 1 9 9 0 ' S

BBS Signature

Response to Halloworm Collab! 2023-10-02 03:26:58

At 10/1/23 03:24 PM, Ostan5000 wrote: whatcha think of it?

If I may be straightforward? While I can definitely tell your technical skill is there, it comes across a little boring. The composition is flat and the subject matter is not very telling. I also get the sense you are covering up a lot of your really talented illustrative skill with light effects, which I think is a shame.

Someone mentioned it's got a nice liminal quality to it, so take that for what you will. I'm convinced a little more time in the oven refining what you want to emphasize could elevate it.

If you want to leave it at this, though, no problem, we'll include it. Just giving my honest opinion :)

BBS Signature

Response to Halloworm Collab! 2023-10-02 10:23:52

At 10/2/23 03:26 AM, DieterTheuns wrote:
If I may be straightforward? While I can definitely tell your technical skill is there, it comes across a little boring. The composition is flat and the subject matter is not very telling. I also get the sense you are covering up a lot of your really talented illustrative skill with light effects, which I think is a shame.

Someone mentioned it's got a nice liminal quality to it, so take that for what you will. I'm convinced a little more time in the oven refining what you want to emphasize could elevate it.

If you want to leave it at this, though, no problem, we'll include it. Just giving my honest opinion :)

Hey no worries man, thanks for the opinion. I should mention that my resources were a bit more limited with this once, considering that my PC is currently under-going maintenance right now, so this is the best that I could do.

I will be including this in the Halloworm, as I think it might stand from the other artworks with itโ€™s own style.

Again, thanks for the opinion, and thank you for including it!

T H E 1 9 9 0 ' S

BBS Signature

Response to Halloworm Collab! 2023-10-02 13:06:37 (edited 2023-10-02 13:10:34)

i'd love to participate! def going team bird.

edit: i just realized i missed the deadline lol. nvm!!

BBS Signature

Response to Halloworm Collab! 2023-10-02 15:52:41

Example 1
Example 2

๐Ÿฆ Team Bird

๐Ÿ’€ Team Skeleton

Happy Spooky Arting!

Iโ€™d like team birb please :]

Response to Halloworm Collab! 2023-10-02 15:56:02

At 10/2/23 01:06 PM, Yamouri wrote: i'd love to participate! def going team bird.

At 10/2/23 03:52 PM, Metalabada wrote: Iโ€™d like team birb please :]

Sorry, deadline's closed! Thanks for your interest, but maybe next time :)

BBS Signature

Response to Halloworm Collab! 2023-10-02 15:58:31

At 10/2/23 03:56 PM, DieterTheuns wrote:
At 10/2/23 01:06 PM, Yamouri wrote: i'd love to participate! def going team bird.
At 10/2/23 03:52 PM, Metalabada wrote: Iโ€™d like team birb please :]
Sorry, deadline's closed! Thanks for your interest, but maybe next time :)

Dang it,next time

Response to Halloworm Collab! 2023-10-02 17:08:34

Damn the forever linear flow of time! What cruel fate has latched on to me to have missed an encounter with this blog post in a timely manner? A timeline most wicked I travel to have missed the deadline to submit myself to this here experience. Alas! The past cannot be undone, as chronos has shown his ugly grin once again, but I have become wiser and more vigilant because of it. Next year perhaps. Yes, perhaps next year. ๐Ÿชฑ

Response to Halloworm Collab! 2023-10-02 18:06:34

oh yea i'm in lmao

Buy my book: https://www.amazon.com/dp/1686919077 (also available for other countries too, thks ILU <3 )

Response to Halloworm Collab! 2023-10-02 18:45:13

At 10/2/23 03:26 AM, DieterTheuns wrote:

Hi! Just now remembered to send you the file, hopefully you should have it now.

T H E 1 9 9 0 ' S

BBS Signature

Response to Halloworm Collab! 2023-10-03 03:11:30

At 10/1/23 07:02 AM, DieterTheuns wrote:
At 9/30/23 09:58 PM, CrowdDoll wrote: Sign me Up!!! I want to be on the skeleton team ngl because I have more time
Alright, but you're the final one I'm going to let in. Welcome to team Skeleton :)
Keep in mind, each member in team Skeleton will have to wait working on their drawings until they are given their images to link up.

From this point on, sign-ins are officially closed!

Thank you so much

Artist please check out my art, and musician please check out my music.

๏ปฟ

BBS Signature