00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

domvip just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Looking for some songs

249 Views | 6 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Looking for some songs 2023-09-15 17:57:03

I've been trying to find two songs that I used in an old game of mine. I've looked for them, but I can't find them in the audio portal.

I only have the file names to go off of.

The file name of the first song is called Distant. It starts out as a fast piano then adds some guitar in.

The file name of the second song is called tension. It's a slow piano loop.

If anyone can find these songs, send me the link and let me know.

Response to Looking for some songs 2023-09-16 03:46:10

At 9/15/23 05:57 PM, CalamityGanon wrote: I've been trying to find two songs that I used in an old game of mine. I've looked for them, but I can't find them in the audio portal.
I only have the file names to go off of.
The file name of the first song is called Distant. It starts out as a fast piano then adds some guitar in.
The file name of the second song is called tension. It's a slow piano loop.

If anyone can find these songs, send me the link and let me know.

I think I found them.

Distant: https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/561583

Tension: https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/673296

Response to Looking for some songs 2023-09-16 09:03:59

No, that's not them. Sorry.

Response to Looking for some songs 2023-09-16 09:17:40

At 9/16/23 09:08 AM, Leavesz wrote:
: if you still have the files you could upload them to some file sharing service and link them here so that we can listen to them, would make it easier to find them.
:
: also how old is that game of yours? would be useful to know so we can discard songs posted way after that time.

Should I create a project and add the files in the team tools. (I don't know if it works.)

The game was released on Apr 27, 2023 8:18 AM EDT. However, I only used the songs through the Beta versions 1-3. Looking through the projects, it says that Beta V1 was last edited on Apr, 19 2023. That is only the last time I edited it, not when I created it.

Response to Looking for some songs 2023-09-16 09:31:49

: I think it might be safer to upload them here, iirc audio files get analysed for copyright infringement when you upload them as an unscouted user.

Okay. Here's Distant.

And here's Tension.

Response to Looking for some songs 2023-09-16 09:43:40

: also also, do those files have any metadata like artist name or year?

No. It just has the name followed by some numbers.

Response to Looking for some songs 2023-09-16 10:21:42

At 9/16/23 10:14 AM, Leavesz wrote:
: I don't recognize those songs and I couldn't find them by using advanced search, if they were uploaded by unscouted users it is likely that they were stolen and therefore deleted by moderators in which case you won't be able to find them here.

Huh, okay.

: try adding those numbers at the end of this link: https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/

I tried doing that. Distant's numbers led to a song called "Twilight (Elliot Smith Cover)" And Tension's numbers didn't lead to anything.