00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

officialkingcrab0 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Walkman Cassette Player -- You think these stupid batteries will make it explode?

186 Views | 0 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

ATM I have spotify hooked up to a H+K TD202 and I am dubbing tapes, playing with a childhood tape player, a Walkman FS191, specifically a yellow one. I'm honestly surprised of the quality. While using it, my batteries ran short. Alkalines used to be even worse, so I hate to think what this thing was like in 96. Though, maybe my cells are somehow shit.

Anyways, I am looking around online I and I find these hilarious things.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/185895253480

Theres ten and a half billion examples of these. Specifically, what I want to know is... will the voltage difference fuck with the tape player? I can't find anything online other than a vague suggestion from bing AI that it might make the player run faster.

The FS191 runs on 2 x 1.5v AA's, adding up to 3V. Since the batteries I am looking at are 2.8 to 3.3v, adding up to way over double, would this kill anything? Anyone know?

I could use an ipod but I'm lazy. I can dub a 60 minute album and just go to bed. Etc. Play game, just kinda neat and convenient rn, might as well play with it. If it does turn out possible though I am going to laugh really hard at a 6800mAh walkman tape player

PH4NT0M117

BBS Signature