00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

EatMyShoes just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Breakbeat music genres Collab?

439 Views | 7 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Breakbeat music genres Collab? 2023-09-04 20:13:43

I got an idea for a collab that celebrates the many genres that feature sampled breakbeats as their main drums, such as Jungle/DnB, Hip Hop, Hardcore, etc.

I'd like to have a focus on old school stuff, but modern genres are accepted too! I'd like to keep the BPMs somewhat fast, maybe a range of 120-200, though that's more of an estimate.

The only requisite would be to be creative with the break programming, using techniques like chopping or applying filters and FX for transitions, or even layering multiple breaks, don't just drop in the amen break and call it a day y'know?.

The name I thought up for it was "Break It Up Collab", would anyone be interested? I accept suggestions to spice it up still! The idea is still kinda basic and broad after all :)

Response to Breakbeat music genres Collab? 2023-09-06 06:31:35

At 9/6/23 12:53 AM, Leavesz wrote: This sounds like a fun idea but I'm pretty sure it would end up breaking the audio portal rules, cuz y'know, copyrighted samples.

There are plenty of dnb songs with copyrighted breakbeats here on NG, even I got some, I know about the rule but it doesn't seem that strongly enforced for these cases

Response to Breakbeat music genres Collab? 2023-09-07 00:31:50

At 9/4/23 08:13 PM, xanxoepico wrote: I got an idea for a collab that celebrates the many genres that feature sampled breakbeats as their main drums, such as Jungle/DnB, Hip Hop, Hardcore, etc.

I'd like to have a focus on old school stuff, but modern genres are accepted too! I'd like to keep the BPMs somewhat fast, maybe a range of 120-200, though that's more of an estimate.

The only requisite would be to be creative with the break programming, using techniques like chopping or applying filters and FX for transitions, or even layering multiple breaks, don't just drop in the amen break and call it a day y'know?.

The name I thought up for it was "Break It Up Collab", would anyone be interested? I accept suggestions to spice it up still! The idea is still kinda basic and broad after all :)

I'm New to New grounds. but I've been making Dnb/Jungle For the past few months. I Would be Interested In hearing some of your stuff goy!

Response to Breakbeat music genres Collab? 2023-09-07 07:26:57

At 9/7/23 12:31 AM, OKGOOFF wrote:
At 9/4/23 08:13 PM, xanxoepico wrote: I got an idea for a collab that celebrates the many genres that feature sampled breakbeats as their main drums, such as Jungle/DnB, Hip Hop, Hardcore, etc.

I'm New to New grounds. but I've been making Dnb/Jungle For the past few months. I Would be Interested In hearing some of your stuff goy!

You mean my songs? I got some on my profile here

Response to Breakbeat music genres Collab? 2023-09-07 11:19:43

That shit sound sick asf 😄😄😄

Response to Breakbeat music genres Collab? 2023-10-20 21:48:45

i've been thinking about this for a while now, i had no idea that there was already an idea thread for it

yes please! i love me some breaks and would love to submit to something like this

though if we do that, i do think we should take some measures to restrict genres to ones that reliably use breakbeats. for example, uk garage and dubstep use a lot of breaks, but its derivatives brostep and riddim usually don't

"i am my dreams."

a/autumn/aden, any pronouns, gnc, pan

my website: https://acheney.xyz

Response to Breakbeat music genres Collab? 2023-10-20 21:54:48

oh wait lol, i didn't see you decided to make that happen

"i am my dreams."

a/autumn/aden, any pronouns, gnc, pan

my website: https://acheney.xyz

Response to Breakbeat music genres Collab? 2023-10-20 23:49:31

At 10/20/23 09:54 PM, acheney wrote: oh wait lol, i didn't see you decided to make that happen

Yeah I got an official post now lol

https://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1528204#bbspost27779738_post_text