00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

biimooner just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

NGUAC 2023 Final Round

3,066 Views | 118 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to NGUAC 2023 Final Round 2023-09-16 18:45:39

I literally just finished mine. I had to lower it by 6db because it was clipping xD

Imagine being french

BBS Signature

Response to NGUAC 2023 Final Round 2023-09-16 18:58:23

At 9/16/23 06:28 PM, Veryfakeguest wrote:
Note: I had two people help record vox for me, they have only sent vox as I instructed (I did the lyrics and everything) and should hopefully comply with the rules.

Yes, that sounds like it is within the rules. Thanks for being transparent about it.

"Time's fun when you're having flies." ~Kermit the Frog

BBS Signature

Response to NGUAC 2023 Final Round 2023-09-16 19:14:43

Response to NGUAC 2023 Final Round 2023-09-16 19:17:32

At 9/16/23 06:08 PM, TaintedLogic wrote: Fewer than 6 hours left now.

@314leafcutterant @Ackee39 @Ellietonin @entropicvoxels @Everratic @FUZZYFREAK @recme @SoFtBOILeD @Veryfakeguest @X3LL3N

Im not going to be able to finish my submission on time, due to an onslaught of school, math, and just a general lack of motivation… im very sorry

Response to NGUAC 2023 Final Round 2023-09-16 19:19:36

At 9/16/23 07:17 PM, Ackee39 wrote:
Im not going to be able to finish my submission on time, due to an onslaught of school, math, and just a general lack of motivation… im very sorry

It's okay. Thanks for letting me know. Admittedly, I usually try to schedule the contest so that it wraps up before most people go back to school, but this year it was a bit late. Hope to see you back next time!

BBS Signature

Response to NGUAC 2023 Final Round 2023-09-16 19:31:06

Response to NGUAC 2023 Final Round 2023-09-16 19:55:50

Response to NGUAC 2023 Final Round 2023-09-16 19:56:18

It's 2am, I'm done, I CAN FINALLY SLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Imagine being french

BBS Signature

Response to NGUAC 2023 Final Round 2023-09-16 21:24:32

Response to NGUAC 2023 Final Round 2023-09-16 22:44:15

1 hour 16 minutes

Response to NGUAC 2023 Final Round 2023-09-16 22:45:10

i'm not very happy with what i've made, so if i get anything other than last place i will be 100% satisfied!

wub wub wub

BBS Signature

Response to NGUAC 2023 Final Round 2023-09-16 23:00:46

BBS Signature

Response to NGUAC 2023 Final Round 2023-09-16 23:46:32

I improved my mix. Please listen again if you scored it :)

Response to NGUAC 2023 Final Round 2023-09-17 00:00:25

Alright! That's a wrap. The Final Round submission phase is over.

@314leafcutterant @FUZZYFREAK @SoFtBOILeD Your submissions are either late or non-existent. You can still submit, but a "late tax" will be applied to your score depending on how late it is (see the rules for details).

Meanwhile, @AceMantra, @ADR3-N, @Benji-G, @Lordant, @Midimachine, @NahuPyrope, @NoStereo, @Possibly, @SplatterDash, @TaintedLogic, @TeraVex, @Tritnew, @Uxvellda, @VociferousMusic, and @wobwobrob have until Thursday, September 21st to score all of your Final Round tracks and determine the top 3 finishers!

Congrats on coming this far, everyone!

BBS Signature

Response to NGUAC 2023 Final Round 2023-09-17 02:21:58

Hello. I've accidently uploaded my song to the knockout stage thread, and now I'm reposting to the correct one. Hope this doesn't affect my score........pls?

Response to NGUAC 2023 Final Round 2023-09-17 08:33:48

At 9/17/23 02:21 AM, Introverse wrote:
Hello. I've accidently uploaded my song to the knockout stage thread, and now I'm reposting to the correct one. Hope this doesn't affect my score........pls?

Admittedly, I am a bit torn on whether to apply the "late tax" because, on the one hand, this thread's OP says you're supposed to submit it here, and you were also tagged in the second post of the thread. On the other hand, I was made aware of your submission when you posted to the KO Round thread, and so it was on the judges' scoresheet before the deadline. For now, I will not apply the late tax, but I will confer with the judges privately to discuss this. Thanks for understanding.

BBS Signature

Response to NGUAC 2023 Final Round 2023-09-21 20:09:34

When are results coming out

Response to NGUAC 2023 Final Round 2023-09-21 21:45:39

At 9/21/23 08:09 PM, Sirbru wrote:
When are results coming out

Should be just 2-3 more hours now. Thanks for your patience!

BBS Signature

Response to NGUAC 2023 Final Round 2023-09-21 23:35:45 (edited 2023-09-21 23:38:14)

WE HAVE A WINNER...THREE, IN FACT!

1st Place: @Manvineo

2nd Place: @LordAndiso

3rd Place: @ZaneLittle

4th – 35th, in that order: @SPIRALi, @Everratic, @Mischa-head, @GlowBoyMusic, @ALGOfficial, @KayozKun, @Introverse, @SUNSCREECH, @BAOWZ-Tobass, @Cresince, @FourTHat3, @Veryfakeguest, @GDRyuHayabusa1988, @Xehao, @Kassich, @X3LL3N, @TheNewAge, @JobrekthoMusic, @Ellietonin, @Walpang, @iWTBAT, @Enysmo, @amishpimp, @entropicvoxels, @xkatttt, @recme, @Rici-Ellipsis, @Geekum, @emersonkid, @Crysstal712, @SednovaNova, and @Sirbru

You can view the specific scores from each judge here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12nSt7j6UQj2Xba8HscyDuI3lVttwX0avCiZow2FxuPg/edit?usp=sharing 

Congratulations to EVERYONE on some fantastic work throughout the competition. It’s always such a pleasure to listen to all these tracks.

IF YOU’RE IN THE TOP THREE: @ADR3-N will make sure the winning submissions are featured prominently on the site’s front page at her discretion. I also offered to gift supporter status for a full year to each of the top 3 as well, but as it turns out ALL of the top 3 are already supporters lol. So please just PM me when your supporter status is up for renewal, and I'll re-up it. Seriously - I owe each of you a year's worth of supporter status.

Meanwhile, the custom forum signatures for the top 3 should be ready within the next couple of weeks. I’ll PM you with a private link to your forum sig as soon as it’s ready. 

---

And...that’s all, folks! Huge thanks as always to the judges for this round: @ADR3-N, @Lordant, @SplatterDash, @TaintedLogic, @TeraVex, @VociferousMusic, and @WobWobRob. These judges were chosen to score your tracks in part because they’re amazing musicians themselves, so go check out their content! Also, special shout-out to @LD-W for managing the Discord server that hosts the contest-related chats, including the one for the judges. 

I’d also like to thank every single individual who auditioned, participated, or even followed the contest in any way. The competitors are the ones who truly make the NGUAC what it is.

Hope you’ll all join us again next year! Until then, see you around the Grounds. ^_^

BBS Signature

Response to NGUAC 2023 Final Round 2023-09-22 05:26:05

Thanks for hosting and judging NGUAC, thi was really fun to participate !

I'm surprised I made it this far, but I'm really happy I did :)

Now I'll have to suffer to find out how the hell I'm supposed to fix the issues with my entry xD

Imagine being french

BBS Signature

Response to NGUAC 2023 Final Round 2023-09-22 05:43:06

Woah! Everytime I go up by one place xD Gonna have to try to reach for the first place :D

what is a signature, what does it do?

BBS Signature

Response to NGUAC 2023 Final Round 2023-09-22 07:58:33

congrats to all! it was fun trying new things and writing within a time limit. this compo has definitely pushed me for the better. glad to have participated and reach top 30 :-)

Response to NGUAC 2023 Final Round 2023-09-22 10:55:02

it was an honor to be here. GGs everyone <3

Response to NGUAC 2023 Final Round 2023-09-22 15:16:50

At 9/21/23 11:35 PM, TaintedLogic wrote: WE HAVE A WINNER...THREE, IN FACT!

4th – 35th, in that order: @SPIRALi, @Everratic, @Mischa-head, @GlowBoyMusic, @ALGOfficial, @KayozKun, @Introverse, @SUNSCREECH, @BAOWZ-Tobass, @Cresince, @FourTHat3, @Veryfakeguest, @GDRyuHayabusa1988, @Xehao, @Kassich, @X3LL3N, @TheNewAge, @JobrekthoMusic, @Ellietonin, @Walpang, @iWTBAT, @Enysmo, @amishpimp, @entropicvoxels, @xkatttt, @recme, @Rici-Ellipsis, @Geekum, @emersonkid, @Crysstal712, @SednovaNova, and @Sirbru

You can view the specific scores from each judge here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12nSt7j6UQj2Xba8HscyDuI3lVttwX0avCiZow2FxuPg/edit?usp=sharing 

i knew there was no way the random guy using basic GarageBand was going to win, plus I didn’t do a good job, ohwell, see you next year when I have something better to make with

Response to NGUAC 2023 Final Round 2023-09-22 15:18:34

At 9/22/23 03:16 PM, Sirbru wrote:

Congratulations to EVERYONE on some fantastic work throughout the competition. It’s always such a pleasure to listen to all these tracks.

IF YOU’RE IN THE TOP THREE: @ADR3-N will make sure the winning submissions are featured prominently on the site’s front page at her discretion. I also offered to gift supporter status for a full year to each of the top 3 as well, but as it turns out ALL of the top 3 are already supporters lol. So please just PM me when your supporter status is up for renewal, and I'll re-up it. Seriously - I owe each of you a year's worth of supporter status.

Meanwhile, the custom forum signatures for the top 3 should be ready within the next couple of weeks. I’ll PM you with a private link to your forum sig as soon as it’s ready. 

---

And...that’s all, folks! Huge thanks as always to the judges for this round: @ADR3-N, @Lordant, @SplatterDash, @TaintedLogic, @TeraVex, @VociferousMusic, and @WobWobRob. These judges were chosen to score your tracks in part because they’re amazing musicians themselves, so go check out their content! Also, special shout-out to @LD-W for managing the Discord server that hosts the contest-related chats, including the one for the judges. 

I’d also like to thank every single individual who auditioned, participated, or even followed the contest in any way. The competitors are the ones who truly make the NGUAC what it is.

Hope you’ll all join us again next year! Until then, see you around the Grounds. ^_^
i knew there was no way the random guy using basic GarageBand was going to win, plus I didn’t do a good job, ohwell, see you next year when I have something better to make with

good job to those who were actually good unlike me

Response to NGUAC 2023 Final Round 2023-09-22 16:20:52

i'm really happy with an average score of 7.6, thank you so much for hosting! (also congratulations to the winners oh my god your songs were so good)

wub wub wub

BBS Signature

Response to NGUAC 2023 Final Round 2023-09-22 20:37:49

At 9/22/23 03:18 PM, Sirbru wrote: i knew there was no way the random guy using basic GarageBand was going to win, plus I didn’t do a good job, ohwell, see you next year when I have something better to make with
good job to those who were actually good unlike me

I think the fact that you got this far is a strong indicator that you ARE good. Everyone has things to work on, and people rarely win a contest like this the first year they participate. But for now, don't think of yourself as 35th out of 35 in the Final Round, but as 35th out of 402 in the entire competition - that's really good!

BBS Signature

Response to NGUAC 2023 Final Round 2023-09-22 23:31:38

Me being 36th out of 402, kinda wild. Good stuff everyone

Enter your signature text...

Response to NGUAC 2023 Final Round 2024-02-22 02:06:53

SUPER late response (I've been really busy in 2023) but I'm honored to be in the top 20. This was a really fun experience. Cheers to the top 3 winners. You deserve it! :)